• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Poll Released 10-13-13

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OSU hate is getting to Disney levels lately, part of the reason I left espn is the constant bashing of OSU, I may need to reevaluate my forum choice...

:gaah:

You guys just don't get it....nobody is bashing OSU(well, most aren't)...shit I said they were a top #15 team if they played Masillon and Moeller every other week. Saying it is hard to justify putting them in the Title game with their shit schedule is not the same as saying they are a shitty team. Your sense of entitlement is beginning to rival Boise's.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody from the Big 12 is better than Ohio State. AAC is trash, and your example would mean that for some reason UCF, Louisville's toughest opponent, would mean more than Penn State, OSU's 5th toughest opponent (assuming a CCG birth for OSU). Gee, no shit.

Unbeaten OSU is only beaten out by unbeaten Bama, unbeaten Oregon, and either unbeaten Clemson/FSU, assuming SCar and Florida don't completely fall off. This is the way it is. If it bothers you that much, maybe go find another hobby. This will be my last post in this thread, so thanks for the conversation.

No, Louisville undefeated definitely should not get in over tOSU undefeated. That should be a given. Louisville's schedule just flat out sucks out loud. Louisville shouldn't get in over any undefeated AQ team and a good argument could be made for a 1 loss AQ team to get in over an undefeated Louisville team. At least tOSU does play Michigan and Wisky. Louisville plays absolutely no one with a pulse. UCF? Please.

But I vote we just hold off on all of this speculation and just wait at least until after Week 11 and see how everything shapes up then. I know that if tOSU were my team I would feel the same as Sox33OSU does right now. There is really just too much football left to be played to be arguing over should and should not get into any of the BCS games.

Any of the other "AQ" teams do not have an easy enough CCG to just say that any of them will just waltz into a guaranteed BCS game. Louisville still must even beat Houston and that is no given, either. Any Big 12 team could lose a game at any time, too.

Alabama, Clemson/FSU, tOSU and Oregon could very well get upset in their CCG. It has happened before. Miami is still undefeated and could possibly only lose 1 game before the ACC CCG; several teams only have one loss right now so everything is still very much up in the air/undecided.

Bottom line is that it is entirely too early to speculate at this point. Anything can happen.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it would suck to go undefeated 2 years in a row and still not walk away with a MNC.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9y1eDmm.jpg

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it would suck to go undefeated 2 years in a row and still not walk away with a MNC.

It would be a kick in the balls to go 25 or 26-0 and still not get a slice of the Natty.

Like I said, shit happens. Its not like TOSU hasn't had some luck on our side in the recent past. At this point if it looks like we won't make it to the big game then fine. I just hope we are able to play in the Rose bowl against a quality opponet. Thats big time and something to hang your hat on for next year. No use in crying about it... Everything will work itself out in the end.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 3 teams that control their own destiny: Alabama, Oregon and UCLA. Obviously both Oregon and UCLA can't go undefeated so one of those teams will go by the waste side. After that next in line is the FSU/Clemson winner. Then comes Ohio St. Although if Mizzou somehow went undefeated I'd say they would jump ahead of Ohio St and the FSU/Clemson winner. Again, unlikely IMO though.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 3 teams that control their own destiny: Alabama, Oregon and UCLA. Obviously both Oregon and UCLA can't go undefeated so one of those teams will go by the waste side. After that next in line is the FSU/Clemson winner. Then comes Ohio St. Although if Mizzou somehow went undefeated I'd say they would jump ahead of Ohio St and the FSU/Clemson winner. Again, unlikely IMO though.

You could feasibly throw Miami in there too.....although I really don't expect that scenerio to come to fruition. Miami could have W's over Florida, VT, FSU, and possibly Clemson in the ACCC if the stars align. That would be a pretty damn good resume as it looks right this second. Like I said though.....I doubt that happens.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could feasibly throw Miami in there too.....although I really don't expect that scenerio to come to fruition. Miami could have W's over Florida, VT, FSU, and possibly Clemson in the ACCC if the stars align. That would be a pretty damn good resume as it looks right this second. Like I said though.....I doubt that happens.

If they do, and you're right that's a big if, I think they'd still be behind Bama, Oregon and UCLA. UCLA would have wins over Nebraska, Utah, Stanford, Oregon, and then Oregon again.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a kick in the balls to go 25 or 26-0 and still not get a slice of the Natty.

Like I said, shit happens. Its not like TOSU hasn't had some luck on our side in the recent past. At this point if it looks like we won't make it to the big game then fine. I just hope we are able to play in the Rose bowl against a quality opponet. Thats big time and something to hang your hat on for next year. No use in crying about it... Everything will work itself out in the end.

As I said earlier, I'd let this season play out a few more weeks. I really believe that at the end of the season the B1G is going to look a whole lot better.

At this point last year there were pretty much the same number of undefeated teams. It works itself out.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep 1 undefeated and ten 1 loss teams --> it will work itself out

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they do, and you're right that's a big if, I think they'd still be behind Bama, Oregon and UCLA. UCLA would have wins over Nebraska, Utah, Stanford, Oregon, and then Oregon again.

All those would be on the road except the CCG too. But you also forgot to add ASU, UW and @USC to that list. One of those teams will finish the season ranked.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Really? Good wins? OK.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Good wins? OK.

Florida was mentioned as a good win for Miami. I don't see how Nebraska and Utah are any different? They are all around the same in the polls and in the computers. Very little difference IMO.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those would be on the road except the CCG too. But you also forgot to add ASU, UW and @USC to that list. One of those teams will finish the season ranked.

I did forget UW. That would be a quality win for sure. I think they have the best chance of the group to finish ranked.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ericd7633;3812623[B said:
]Florida was mentioned as a good win for Miami[/B]. I don't see how Nebraska and Utah are any different? They are all around the same in the polls and in the computers. Very little difference IMO.

Not a good win, they suck. Now if we beat FSU and Clemson which are both legit top 10 teams and go undefeated...we got something. Not sure that will happen, but it could with some real good bounces.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good win, they suck. Now if we beat FSU and Clemson which are both legit top 10 teams and go undefeated...we got something. Not sure that will happen, but it could with some real good bounces.

Agreed and agreed. Don't think it will happen, but if it does you will deserve the consideration.