• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone watching A Season with Notre Dame?

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea whomever is loading them to YouTube got their account banned so no bueno on the Showtime stuff. It's all good, eventually they'll be out and I'll review them, I do think it's cool to get the inside look but we have HBO for Game of Thrones and Starz for Outlander, no room to get Showtime.

Side note, I do like being able to watch the Games from NBC again though. For some goofy reason they make you have your "web ID" from your cable provider to be able to access it though. That I feel is pretty lame. I mean come on NBC. ESPN replays their regional or chosen telecasts later that night and sometimes through the rest of the weekend. NBC also almost always replays Formula 1 and Nascar events on NBCSN, so why not ND football? Poor programming choice there imo.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched episode 3 late last night.

Felt bad for Tranquill, I'm sick of all these episodes ending with guys suffering season ending injuries. Looked like Farley was crying about the Tranquill injury. Must be friends?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea whomever is loading them to YouTube got their account banned so no bueno on the Showtime stuff. It's all good, eventually they'll be out and I'll review them, I do think it's cool to get the inside look but we have HBO for Game of Thrones and Starz for Outlander, no room to get Showtime.

Side note, I do like being able to watch the Games from NBC again though. For some goofy reason they make you have your "web ID" from your cable provider to be able to access it though. That I feel is pretty lame. I mean come on NBC. ESPN replays their regional or chosen telecasts later that night and sometimes through the rest of the weekend. NBC also almost always replays Formula 1 and Nascar events on NBCSN, so why not ND football? Poor programming choice there imo.

I have Starz, Outlander is a great show. I haven't seen any of the A Season with Notre Dame but will eventually I'm sure. That is a poor programming choice they should show the press conferences after the game on NBCSN every Saturday as well.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Starz, Outlander is a great show. I haven't seen any of the A Season with Notre Dame but will eventually I'm sure. That is a poor programming choice they should show the press conferences after the game on NBCSN every Saturday as well.

Yea, I actually got into Black Sails on Starz too. I think I might try to give some constructive feedback to NBC on that, they've had the ND contract way longer than they've had Formula 1 or Nascar. I remember when my best friend and I went to Notre Dame for Lou's last home game, it was a pretty blustery day and by the time it was done we were half-frozen and just pretty much done. We went back to the hotel, ordered a pizza and as we munched on it, we're flippin through the local channels and lo and behold, the game was on as an instant replay, couldn't have been more than an hour after the game. I know I fell asleep before halftime, that tuckered out.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Sails is a good show as well, Starz has been coming out with some good ones the past couple of years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they should have a pre game show 30 min before. They never do. I feel like NBC doesn't give it their all to ND. Damn NBC has multiple channels give ND one channel.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they should have a pre game show 30 min before. They never do. I feel like NBC doesn't give it their all to ND. Damn NBC has multiple channels give ND one channel.
^ This. And I think the production value is terrible. Bad camera angles on a lot of plays, C-list broadcast guys, lousy lead-in programming, hell, when it rains, they can't even bother to clean their lenses off the cameras. The last to Stanford home games I watched through water soaked lenses.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've never been high on NBC's coverage but they are on every week and I can watch them from my home in Vermont so I won't complain too much.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 4 is loaded on noonkick now, for all you cheap bastards that won't get Showtime. Like me. :D

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great episode. I really love this show. This episodes shows how each coach spends their off Days. Get to know them a little bit. Also it was cool to see Kizer become a leader and nice to see Wimbush well act like a kid playing Pop warner. He was so excited about his playing time.
Some hard moments seeing MZ still struggling over his injury. I really feel bad for this kid. He would of made these episodes crazy. Nice moment there with him and Coach Sanford.

Also I don't know about you but this Kid Tillery is special and not just on the football field. Every one loves this kid. I can see why.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great episode. I really love this show. This episodes shows how each coach spends their off Days. Get to know them a little bit. Also it was cool to see Kizer become a leader and nice to see Wimbush well act like a kid playing Pop warner. He was so excited about his playing time.
Some hard moments seeing MZ still struggling over his injury. I really feel bad for this kid. He would of made these episodes crazy. Nice moment there with him and Coach Sanford.

Also I don't know about you but this Kid Tillery is special and not just on the football field. Every one loves this kid. I can see why.
Jerry (don't call him Terry) is the prototypical ND football player. He obviously loves the game, has all the talent in the world, and was well coached in HS, but his degree matters, he'll work hard. This is a kid who, despite all the local and family pressure to go to LSU, wanted to go to ND. He gets its history and tradition. He WANTED to meet Fr. Hesburgh when he visited campus. I'd bet most recruits have no earthly idea who Fr. Hesburgh is. He is a great example. He also has a lot of confidence and believes he'll succeed at whatever he does. I hope he can stick with it and not get the sophomore blues like so many guys (although that's mostly a Fla. problem).

I like that it shows these guys having a bit of a life, and, despite how different things are at ND, they're not put on a pedestal and isolated from the student body. Again, it shows all the things that set ND apart from other major programs. I just don't know how many recruits get to watch it, but I hope they do. Of course this is with the caveat that the season doesn't implode.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry (don't call him Terry) is the prototypical ND football player. He obviously loves the game, has all the talent in the world, and was well coached in HS, but his degree matters, he'll work hard. This is a kid who, despite all the local and family pressure to go to LSU, wanted to go to ND. He gets its history and tradition. He WANTED to meet Fr. Hesburgh when he visited campus. I'd bet most recruits have no earthly idea who Fr. Hesburgh is. He is a great example. He also has a lot of confidence and believes he'll succeed at whatever he does. I hope he can stick with it and not get the sophomore blues like so many guys (although that's mostly a Fla. problem).

I like that it shows these guys having a bit of a life, and, despite how different things are at ND, they're not put on a pedestal and isolated from the student body. Again, it shows all the things that set ND apart from other major programs. I just don't know how many recruits get to watch it, but I hope they do. Of course this is with the caveat that the season doesn't implode.
I agree, love how the student body and the Athletes are so close. These kids are students 1st then football players. It was cool to see MZ coach the girls flag football team.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the only negative on Tillery was he was sporting the Hillary '16 shirt. Kids these days. :tongue:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the only negative on Tillery was he was sporting the Hillary '16 shirt. Kids these days. :tongue:
I like you JJ but your still a sicko:pound:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't talk too much about Politics but I'm am not a huge Hillary fan.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't talk too much about Politics but I'm am not a huge Hillary fan.
I don't want this to devolve into a political debate. Was just joking. I promise to do a better job of keeping this place clear of that. I need a "safe" space from the political talk too.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Don't worry, I noticed that too.

He's young, maybe he'll come to his senses with age.

Ok, ok, that's as political I'll get on the lovely Irish board.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Don't worry, I noticed that too.

He's young, maybe he'll come to his senses with age.

Ok, ok, that's as political I'll get on the lovely Irish board.

And he's such a smart kid.