• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone watching A Season with Notre Dame?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the 2nd episode last night, just watched it today. First 2 episodes have been good.

Heartbreaking to see Zaire's reaction after the game. You could tell the entire team, and even Kelly and the coaching staff were pretty subdued after that win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the 2nd episode last night, just watched it today. First 2 episodes have been good.

Heartbreaking to see Zaire's reaction after the game. You could tell the entire team, and even Kelly and the coaching staff were pretty subdued after that win.
This show has been amazing. I love it and love the inside feel it has as a fan. At 1 point I thought Kelly was about to cry. LOL It was tough to see MZ feel that way and then you saw his family and Kelly telling them this is still his team and then right after that they show Kizer and his family. It kind of had a Varsity Blues feel to it when Lance got hurt and Moxon took over at QB. LOL

1 thing I didn't like or I thought was kind of weird and someone feel bad for Kizer was when the OC was talking to him and saying its bad for MZ and bad for ND but you should be proud. In a way I thought he should of been more fired up for Kizer. He just had a game winning TD. OC just sounded like the season was over.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not watching it, I'm living it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show has been amazing. I love it and love the inside feel it has as a fan. At 1 point I thought Kelly was about to cry. LOL It was tough to see MZ feel that way and then you saw his family and Kelly telling them this is still his team and then right after that they show Kizer and his family. It kind of had a Varsity Blues feel to it when Lance got hurt and Moxon took over at QB. LOL

1 thing I didn't like or I thought was kind of weird and someone feel bad for Kizer was when the OC was talking to him and saying its bad for MZ and bad for ND but you should be proud. In a way I thought he should of been more fired up for Kizer. He just had a game winning TD. OC just sounded like the season was over.

Did it sound like Malik's mom said that they couldn't take care of him? And then Kelly said not to worry about it, that he would take care of Malik?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get showtime and I have to work early mornings so I can't watch it but I'm sure I would love it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it sound like Malik's mom said that they couldn't take care of him? And then Kelly said not to worry about it, that he would take care of Malik?
i dont know i will re watch it. maybe she thought she had to take him home and she couldnt afford a plane ticket. im not sure.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know i will re watch it. maybe she thought she had to take him home and she couldnt afford a plane ticket. im not sure.

I heard that too. I got the impression that she couldn't take care of Malik which I assumed meant that she has responsibilities like a job, possibly other children, etc. and that she couldn't "be there/in South Bend" to take care of him following surgery, etc. I got the impression that BK was assuring her that he/he would see that someone would make sure that Malik's needs were met while he was recovering?

Gladly, I do have Showtime and I've really enjoyed the first two episodes a lot. I've enjoyed getting to know a little more about the players on a personal level and getting a feel for their personalities off the field.

It was heartbreaking to see Malik's reaction to the news. He was just sobbing uncontrollably.

On episode 2 I really liked the clip of the speech that the CEO of Citibank gave. He spoke about commitment and referenced the Vikings. He told the team that the Vikings were so committed to their goal that when then landed in a new area the first thing they did was "Burn the boats!" so they'd have no alternative but to fight to win. He went on to ask the team about their level of commitment and whether they were ready to "Burn the boats!" The message really seemed to speak to the team as a number of players referenced the quote throughout the show.

Lets hope that commitment shows this week against GT. GO IRISH!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that too. I got the impression that she couldn't take care of Malik which I assumed meant that she has responsibilities like a job, possibly other children, etc. and that she couldn't "be there/in South Bend" to take care of him following surgery, etc. I got the impression that BK was assuring her that he/he would see that someone would make sure that Malik's needs were met while he was recovering?

Gladly, I do have Showtime and I've really enjoyed the first two episodes a lot. I've enjoyed getting to know a little more about the players on a personal level and getting a feel for their personalities off the field.

It was heartbreaking to see Malik's reaction to the news. He was just sobbing uncontrollably.

On episode 2 I really liked the clip of the speech that the CEO of Citibank gave. He spoke about commitment and referenced the Vikings. He told the team that the Vikings were so committed to their goal that when then landed in a new area the first thing they did was "Burn the boats!" so they'd have no alternative but to fight to win. He went on to ask the team about their level of commitment and whether they were ready to "Burn the boats!" The message really seemed to speak to the team as a number of players referenced the quote throughout the show.

Lets hope that commitment shows this week against GT. GO IRISH!

Tillery is a ND type guy. He seems like he really fits in and loves ND. I also like getting to know Fuller and Chris Brown. Those guys look like fun. Also was cool to see trick shot monday. I didn't know they only did it if they won. these 2 episodes have been great. i really wish it was an hour long. I also like how we get to know the Coaches.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Showtime and my cheap ass won't buy it. I did watch the free episode though. It was the first one and it was good. I didn't see the second episode but I bet it was gut wrenching.

Honestly, I hope the rest of the season goes well, because its going to but uncomfortable watching a behind the scenes view of a dumpster fire.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess another take on that was, he was pointing out to him the somber mood in the locker room and the fact that there isn't more celebration of his last second heroics. Just a possible different motive for saying that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard the previous post. I found it.

Watching it on Showtime on demand now

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess another take on that was, he was pointing out to him the somber mood in the locker room and the fact that there isn't more celebration of his last second heroics. Just a possible different motive for saying that.
very true, but like most injuries I have heard kelly say in the locker room is next man up and they are still a little fired up about winning. Episode 1 was a perfect example. He mentions the Folston injury and tells the team next man up and then goes CJ stepped up. He goes on about thats what he wants to see.

MZ gets hurt(trust me I know losing him hurts more, a lot more) everyone was just down. I mean they just won with 12 sec left with a back up QB.

I understand what you are saying. Trust me I was like how the coaches were when I found out MZ was done. I couldn't talk and had a that shock look on my face, knowing the season is most likely done(meaning playoffs). Lets hope ND can surprise us.

Kizer was a 4 star recruit who a lot of big time schools offered(OSU, Bama, LSU and so on and so on.). This isn't like a no name QB or Tommy Reese change.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It worked!! Great stuff there.

Thing that stood out to me, and maybe I am looking to much into it, but....When BK said "I make practices tougher than the games. The games should be easy" IDK maybe they should be preparing for certain aspects of the opposing team. Certain players, certain situations that might come up? Maybe the fact they think the game is "easy" is the problem we are having getting up for some games? They think it should be easy? They expect to win because practice was hard? Not sure I like that thinking. Sort of seems BK is telling them, "if you can do this, them the game should be easy" Then when a different situation comes up, they are not prepared for it both as players and coaches? IDK....not a fan of it.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that Ara's philosophy was to have very little hitting in practice. He feeling was that you wouldn't be on the team if you couldn't hit. Practice was to work on timing and preparing for the other teams.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked!! Great stuff there.

Thing that stood out to me, and maybe I am looking to much into it, but....When BK said "I make practices tougher than the games. The games should be easy" IDK maybe they should be preparing for certain aspects of the opposing team. Certain players, certain situations that might come up? Maybe the fact they think the game is "easy" is the problem we are having getting up for some games? They think it should be easy? They expect to win because practice was hard? Not sure I like that thinking. Sort of seems BK is telling them, "if you can do this, them the game should be easy" Then when a different situation comes up, they are not prepared for it both as players and coaches? IDK....not a fan of it.

Agreed. I know it's a little bit harder with student-athletes, but I thought that was the whole point of the week of practice up to the game; was to gameplan for certain things (like the good ol' student body left/right from USC) and maybe even working on that wrinkle that would be used to trip up the other team looking to take away something from our bread and butter.

Fundamentals and scheme. I'd be real curious to know if they 'practiced' against the Spread Option/Triple Option that Johnson runs. I'd forgotten he coached Navy before going to Ga. Tech. You know I wouldn't be sad to have Navy go on hiatus for Michigan again if we're going to be playing Ga. Tech every other year or so. Greg Mattison was the best I've seen at scheming against it for ND. Though I had no idea what that was all about when I was a wee lad so I have no idea how we did before the late 80s and early 90s.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Clemson look "so tough" after tonight? It was a road game but... I think we could be beat 'em. First things first though... bust out the bug spray.