• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone here from the O'Neill area?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny that some people don't believe that Mountain Lions were released in the area.......

Hell, some people don't even believe they exist here.........whether they were released or just migrated........

There are more here than people realize.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny that some people don't believe that Mountain Lions were released in the area.......

Hell, some people don't even believe they exist here.........whether they were released or just migrated........

There are more here than people realize.

i don't think they were released in the area...they don't cause too many problems with cattle, but they do cause some problems and i think the cattle farmers would freak out if that happened. but there definitely are mountain lions.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had cattle up North here completely mutilated

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had cattle up North here completely mutilated

like i said i have just heard rumors of it but it didn't sound like it happened that often. i won't assume to know more about the situation than you, since i live in either lincoln or omaha and am only able to get up there every once in a while, though i wish it could be more.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just too obvious to me how they all of a sudden showed up...............right after we declared that we have a problem with too many deer.............

Around Northeast Nebraska I can count at least 30 encounters people have had with Mountain Lions since 2003..........

There are a lot of pictures of them that people have caught with trail cams as well

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon they will make a movie..............Planet of the Cougars

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just too obvious to me how they all of a sudden showed up...............right after we declared that we have a problem with too many deer.............

Around Northeast Nebraska I can count at least 30 encounters people have had with Mountain Lions since 2003..........

There are a lot of pictures of them that people have caught with trail cams as well

i would counter that with saying that we had a mountain lion moving up the creek that is near my house...in omaha. to me that sounds like migration. why the hell would a mountain lion that usually shies away from people end up in the middle of omaha?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they were seeded myself. Too many denials about 10 years ago when presented w/ the facts. They also made their way east too fast for one or two disoriented "strays". Sightings became widespread quickly and were shot down by G&P just as quickly as "just seeing something", "they are bobcat tracks in snow that melted and made them look bigger".

LIARS!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they were seeded myself. Too many denials about 10 years ago when presented w/ the facts. They also made their way east too fast for one or two disoriented "strays". Sightings became widespread quickly and were shot down by G&P just as quickly as "just seeing something", "they are bobcat tracks in snow that melted and made them look bigger".

LIARS!!!!

Yep. This is exactly where I stand on the situation.

Now, I could be wrong.........I could be very wrong. But it all smells fishy to me.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LIARS!!!!

to be honest i had never heard these theories before, but they just sound so stupid. why would they intentionally induce a population of animals that have been known to kill people into their area? if someone got killed and they were able to prove the game and parks let them go, the lawsuit would be astronomical.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest i had never heard these theories before, but they just sound so stupid. why would they intentionally induce a population of animals that have been known to kill people into their area? if someone got killed and they were able to prove the game and parks let them go, the lawsuit would be astronomical.

That's why everyone gets so uptight about it when people mention the theory..........

It's like the guy who invented the carburetor that got 100 mpg or whatever it was..................then all of a sudden he disappeared :dhd:

Life is fucked up..........it'll make you do crazy things when yours is on the line

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i guess. it doesn't make sense to me, but like i said i am not up there all the time so i don't assume to be an expert on the issue.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I'm not an expert on the issue...........no doubt. I just happen to live in a town that has been a nice little home for these Mountain Lions..........so we all talk about them here.

We've had so many sitings in the last few years that it's damn scary to go out in the country by yourself. I'm a runner, and I'm a bit nervous to go on runs outside of town anymore to be honest. We've had some sitings in town.......next to the hospital :eek:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:spy:

Deer collisions cost insurance companies $millions. Insurance companies are one of the nation's/state's biggest lobbyists.

They use your premiums to lobby the legislature to make new forms of insurance mandatory law for you to have. Face it, after 100's of years of the mountain lion being content in the high country, a large group of 'pilgrim lions' got together and decided to forge a new world?

How did they get across the river into Iowa?
How about NW Missouri?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deer collisions cost insurance companies $millions. Insurance companies are one of the nation's/state's biggest lobbyists.

They use your premiums to lobby the legislature to make new forms of insurance mandatory law for you to have. Face it, after 100's of years of the mountain lion being content in the high country, a large group of 'pilgrim lions' got together and decided to forge a new world?

How about NW Missouri?

That too.

There is a reason why they never migrated here years ago

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about NW Missouri?

i'm sure they just walked across the interstate/highway bridges :D

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK

Let's just buy the Nebraska G&P's story for a moment. Iowa G&P also want's everyone to believe they crossed the Mighty MO. just as fast.

I call bullshit..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL 2 a Mountain Lion swimming across the Missouri.........

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just playing devil's advocate here. i really have no idea what i'm talking about. but back in 2003 wasn't the level of the missouri much lower? if i remember correctly (and again, refer to my second sentence) you could almost walk across it on sandbars

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Planet of the Cougars!

They're smarter than humans en sech