• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone here from the O'Neill area?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some property about 30 miles from there. Straight shot down the tar. Most of the people in that area use O'neill labor if it's better than what they got. They have no choice but to get their concrete from there, then find someone to finish it.

Hunting permissions? :spy:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..

I let some folks hunt it for deer, turkey & dove. I don't have any elk tho.

i'm in for deer and turkey...although the turkeys are so fucking all over the place now that you really don't need to have much land to find some. i guess the same could be said for the deer but i'm looking for the big one :D

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm in for deer and turkey...although the turkeys are so fucking all over the place now that you really don't need to have much land to find some. i guess the same could be said for the deer but i'm looking for the big one :D

Yeah, there are turkey all over anymore. Even in Omaha. They spread fast once they're seeded.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat me deer, and dont give 1 shit about thee rax

i eat mine too, but it is pretty expensive to process them so i tend to wait for one with a big rack...for bragging rights en sech.

although last year my younger brother got a huge one during archery season, so that sucked letting pretty decent bucks pass by til i found one as big as his (i never found one)

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are turkey all over anymore. Even in Omaha. They spread fast once they're seeded.

we have turkeys in my neighborhood. i live pretty much smack dab in the middle of omaha. we have a country club nearby, so we get quite a bit of wildlife. we have actually had deer occasionally, but not too much. mostly turkeys, raccoons, and skunks.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got into deer hunting...........and here's why........

I drive my car down the highway and I literally have to swerve out of the way so that I don't kill them.............

I want something that is a little bit more difficult to kill en sech.........jest my honest opinion. There are so many deer that I had them walking around outside my apartment when I lived in Lincoln for shit sake.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any apartment recommendations fer omaha?

midtown, if you can afford it. i have no idea how much they cost but they are fucking sweet. otherwise the regency apartments are right down the street from me...they don't seem SUPER nice but they are in a great area. other than that i don't think i could name another apartment complex.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got into deer hunting...........and here's why........

I drive my car down the highway and I literally have to swerve out of the way so that I don't kill them.............

I want something that is a little bit more difficult to kill en sech.........jest my honest opinion. There are so many deer that I had them walking around outside my apartment when I lived in Lincoln for shit sake.

it's amazing how they disappear when you are trying to hunt them

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also depends a bit on how you were raised..............whether it's your dad that hunted, or your uncles, or friends, or whatever.........

Rarely does anyone just decide to start hunting at the age of 20 something.........

My dad never hunted, so I just never got into it. I don't blame those of ye who do hunt though. I love fishing.....it's jest what I was raised doing

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's amazing how they disappear when you are trying to hunt them

The vast majority of the one's you almost hit with a vehicle are does.

Bucks are generally smart enough to let them go first. ;)

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also depends a bit on how you were raised..............whether it's your dad that hunted, or your uncles, or friends, or whatever.........

Rarely does anyone just decide to start hunting at the age of 20 something.........

My dad never hunted, so I just never got into it. I don't blame those of ye who do hunt though. I love fishing.....it's jest what I was raised doing

the hunters are starting to deal with your deer problem too...some people my grandpa knows have gotten permits to take 50 deer per permit on their land out of season due to the overpopulation.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the hunters are starting to deal with your deer problem too...some people my grandpa knows have gotten permits to take 50 deer per permit on their land out of season due to the overpopulation.

Hence the mountain lion population ;)

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the mountain lion population ;)

seems like right before deer season there is a rumor someone in the area has a mountain lion attack on cattle or dogs or whatever. makes the heart beat a little faster when you are checking your tree stand for a mountain lion when it is pitch black outside.