• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone here actually know why KD demanded a trade on the eve of free agency?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there ever a defined reason or was it simply because he's Kevin Durant and because he could? :scratch:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He saw social media comments upon Golden State's victory about his rings and they got to him; he reenacted that trauma by making a dishonorable ask of his organization. The fans like you live in his head rent free and are so good at it that after just 6 years you finally got him to crack.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a couple months late on this post
That's kind of the point. Now that the dust has settled and posing the question why he did it in the first place.

It's apparent that a certain group of fans have accepted the notion that a specific tier of players are above the law and simply ignored this particular question from day one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the point. Now that the dust has settled and posing the question why he did it in the first place.

It's apparent that a certain group of fans have accepted the notion that a specific tier of players are above the law and simply ignored this particular question from day one.

What law?

Superstar players in the NBA have had leverage for a long time.

In real life, people who have leverage often use it to make their work experiences better. Any irreplaceable employee in any industry has that opportunity.

My guess is that you just don’t like it because you are jealous of the zeros on the paycheck.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it it was a penile master infection... deadly in some cities.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

Another failed narrative. There has been plenty of speculation and question on here about why he did this. Most figured it was because they didn't extend Kyrie.

Once it became apparent that he wasn't saying, everyone moved on to where he might go, what it might take to get him and if Kyrie would be moved as well.

So, not only are you late...as an added bonus...you're wrong too.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What law?

Superstar players in the NBA have had leverage for a long time.

In real life, people who have leverage often use it to make their work experiences better. Any irreplaceable employee in any industry has that opportunity.

My guess is that you just don’t like it because you are jealous of the zeros on the paycheck.
For years your argument was that elite players thrive for large-market lifestyles. KD has that now, and he's still not happy...

Make up your mind. What does Kevin Durant want?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years your argument was that elite players thrive for large-market lifestyles. KD has that now, and he's still not happy...

Make up your mind. What does Kevin Durant want?

A different large market that will cater to his whims.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A different large market that will cater to his whims.
So basically because he's Kevin Durant we're all supposed to "trust" that his intentions are good. OK, then.

As I've already posted, I hope he finishes his career in either Memphis or Portland. Right now, there's nothing that suggests Brooklyn won't inevitably implode...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically because he's Kevin Durant we're all supposed to "trust" that his intentions are good. OK, then.

As I've already posted, I hope he finishes his career in either Memphis or Portland. Right now, there's nothing that suggests Brooklyn won't inevitably implode...

Who said anything about good intentions?

He is a superstar. His talents are not replaceable.

He has a lot of leverage as a result. Doesn’t matter if his intentions are good or not. The franchise has to bend over backwards to keep the superstar happy.

That is the reality of the NBA like it or not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all over the place here man.

Whatever point you think you are making is way off.

And like @trojanfan12 said, we discussed every angle of this at length when the trade request went down.
He's not a Pacer or Nugget, so he is to be disparaged. Simple.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Another failed narrative. There has been plenty of speculation and question on here about why he did this. Most figured it was because they didn't extend Kyrie.
It's incredible that I don't even have to quote or mention you in a post, and yet off of pure instincts you'll still view that particular post as being referring of you anyway...

I'm at work now and I'll entertain @tlance later.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all over the place here man.

Whatever point you think you are making is way off.

And like @trojanfan12 said, we discussed every angle of this at length when the trade request went down.
So Kevin Durant's intentions don't matter.

Yet, I can create a blog that focuses mostly on HS girls basketball (my following continues to grow every year since COVID and in spite of my age) and suddenly my intention DOES matter on this board. Therefore, I am being held to a higher standard than Kevin freaking Durant...

I am honored and flattered.

I'm sure you're going to move the goalposts again in your next post by saying that's not what's happening, but that basically summarizes what's going on here. And Mr. Durant and I were born the same here and neither he nor I have a criminal record to speak of, so don't even try and play that card either.

And FYI, when you say "large market", you probably should specify Heat, Lakers, or Warriors, two of which aren't that big a market anyway.