• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone have a video?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to say what's right or wrong in this situation. I understand both sides. Technically they are doing nothing illegal, however is it morally wrong to deprive the fans of entertianment when they pay for entertainment? I almost feel like making a rule against this is a lazy cop out reaction. All of the offensive minds in hockey need to get together and find an effective, consistent way of beating this style and then it will go away.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It took a lost year and massive rule changes to get rid of the trap. Imagine if all the teams started doing this? Yeah it can be beat but that's not the point its a stupid lazy defense and instead of sloshing through 5 years of this crap let's cut it out now!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No they shouldn't.....say philly gets to the red line what's to stop them from dumping it in and having 5 guys back? Is that really fun to watch? Is that "good defense"?

Is it going to win them the game?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It took a lost year and massive rule changes to get rid of the trap. Imagine if all the teams started doing this? Yeah it can be beat but that's not the point its a stupid lazy defense and instead of sloshing through 5 years of this crap let's cut it out now!

Also, the trap didn't actually disappear. Clutching and grabbing disappeared. The trap still works.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's tough to say what's right or wrong in this situation. I understand both sides. Technically they are doing nothing illegal, however is it morally wrong to deprive the fans of entertianment when they pay for entertainment? I almost feel like making a rule against this is a lazy cop out reaction. All of the offensive minds in hockey need to get together and find an effective, consistent way of beating this style and then it will go away.

They already know how! Look at Tampa's GAA. It's terrible, and that's with their "unbeatable" defense that the Cryers can't figure out. Only 8 teams in the whole league have allowed more goals than tampa. And Tampa has played fewer games than most of the teams worse than them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No even if it wins games the devils shouldn't do it! We own our own stadium and Still are almost bankrupt.....we win 3 cups and still have trouble drawing. All those wins and cups came at a price and we are paying the bill now.

Yeah sure the trap is still around but its not nearly as effective because of the rule changes. And ywah sure this system isnt perfect YET I'm sure given time and worked out you will aee the 1-3-1 can maybe thrive. So why wait til it gets to that point?

Everyone saying it was lazy on the flyers part....they couldn't come up with a way to beat that? Well why isn't that lazy defense for Tampa? They cant come up with a way to stop the flyers?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really fun to watch? Is that "good defense"?

Fun? No. Good? Must have been against Philly, they didnt even try.

Also, the trap didn't actually disappear. Clutching and grabbing disappeared. The trap still works.

I remember Doc pointing out when the Pens use the trap.... I miss Doc :(

Only 8 teams in the whole league have allowed more goals than tampa. And Tampa has played fewer games than most of the teams worse than them.

Esh, I know they were bad, but not that bad...

Everyone saying it was lazy on the flyers part....they couldn't come up with a way to beat that? Well why isn't that lazy defense for Tampa? They cant come up with a way to stop the flyers?

But...they did stop the Flyers....they even won the game...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have reached a stalemate on the topic, neither side is budging, can we agree to disagree and put this thread to rest? Let's start talking Devils.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine.....can we give back Kovy? ;)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WHOA, this is SOOOOOO weird. The defending Stanley Cup Champions play a really stifling neutral zone defensive scheme. I must be seeing things, you can't win with defense, duh.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
bruins play without having a single forward in the offensive zone for a forecheck?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nope its not but doing what tampa did is dumb and doing what the devils did in the late 90s was dumb too. sorry i dont find enjoyment in that type of "defense" when you get are content with a 2-1 lead and dump it in at the redline not my cup of tea

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nope its not but doing what tampa did is dumb and doing what the devils did in the late 90s was dumb too. sorry i dont find enjoyment in that type of "defense" when you get are content with a 2-1 lead and dump it in at the redline not my cup of tea

Well then you should qualify your statements with that, as opposed to acting like your correct in your logic re how the game is played.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im pretty sure its a given that EVERYONE wants to see defense that means you are actually trying to still score and win the game...and not just being content with a 2-1 lead or win? am i wrong in that?

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cup is this the kinda game you were hoping for... no fucking D at all in the 3rd goals every few mins and most importantly a LOSS!!!

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all fine to say the Flyers didn't HAVE to attack but it's pretty pathetic isn't it? I mean isn't that just flat out embarrassing?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah....that was a great game. I wouldnt say there was no defense... But what the bruins did is all I want dome by the devils or any team in the nhl. Tied game in the 3rd instead of dumping it in and playing for the point they pressured and pressured the got the win in regulation. yeah we lost but im sure if boston sat back we could've won in ot or a shootout. Hopefully the devils take something from this...notice too the game flowed back and forth? That's all I'm asking for

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes but why isn't it as a much a shame for what Tampa did? Didn't they just give up and said we cant say we can't stop you? How is that ok?

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, it isn't the same is it.

The Flyers had possession of the puck. So they are supposed to try to score and attack. Tampa just sitting there is their form of defending in that situation.

What are you saying that Tampa should have chased the puck round like crazy and because they didn't it's the same thing? It was the Flyers responsibility. They were SUPPOSED to attack. That's your job when you have control of the puck. So when they refuse to do so they are ruining the game, whether there's a rule for it or not.

Tampa were saying come on and attack us. They were ready to defend the oncoming attack, but Philly didn't bring one.

The Flyers response was childish in my opinion. Like, unless you skate at me I'm not moving, THAT is a joke and sorry but you can't defend that.