• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else want to take a flier on Ryan Clady?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the injury issues he has had, but I think he can still be a solid LT if he stays healthy. I would love to bring him in to start the year off as our LT. We have a bit of a hole there right now. If he stays healthy it could go a long way in protecting Glennon. The longer Glennon stays and the better he does will only benefit Trubisky IMO. He's not a long term answer for the position obviously, but he could be a quality stop gap while we find a good young LT.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Leno Jr. that I will credit, is that he's improved every year, and he's pretty durable. Hasn't missed much time. Some depth and competition is always good tho.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Leno Jr. that I will credit, is that he's improved every year, and he's pretty durable. Hasn't missed much time. Some depth and competition is always good tho.

He honestly had a good handful of solid games, and has been quite impressive in short bursts.

OT is a need, and probably something that we address next off-season in a much better draft class. I'd take a flier on Clady for now, but rolling with Leno again isn't the end of the world.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was either you or rich that brought up how bad Leno was in the final games, but I am glad someone else wants to see some competition, well, maybe everywhere but quarterback.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was either you or rich that brought up how bad Leno was in the final games, but I am glad someone else wants to see some competition, well, maybe everywhere but quarterback.

I remember complaining heavily about our OT play early on. I thought the line play, in general was actually above average most of the year (after being destroyed by Houston). Even despite the injuries. In fact, I think the best game our line played was vs Minnesota's top ranked D on MNF. We were missing Whitehair and Sitton, I believe. We completely dominated the line of scrimmage in that game. On both sides, for that matter.

When Barkley stopped being interesting to watch, I really just rooted for Howard and didn't give a shit about much else. I don't think I would have really bothered to complain about the line. We were so devastated with injuries by that point, I barely knew the guys that were on the field.

We have two pro bowlers and an all-rookie team member on the interior of that line. Even just solid tackle play, and we're in business in that department.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember complaining heavily about our OT play early on. I thought the line play, in general was actually above average most of the year (after being destroyed by Houston). Even despite the injuries. In fact, I think the best game our line played was vs Minnesota's top ranked D on MNF. We were missing Whitehair and Sitton, I believe. We completely dominated the line of scrimmage in that game. On both sides, for that matter.

When Barkley stopped being interesting to watch, I really just rooted for Howard and didn't give a shit about much else. I don't think I would have really bothered to complain about the line. We were so devastated with injuries by that point, I barely knew the guys that were on the field.

We have two pro bowlers and an all-rookie team member on the interior of that line. Even just solid tackle play, and we're in business in that department.
Wow, Barkley seems like he was starting so long ago. It's nice to have two QBs that could have some success with us, one being a possible future superstar.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Barkley seems like he was starting so long ago. It's nice to have two QBs that could have some success with us, one being a possible future superstar.

Yeah, last season was a joke.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's testament to how much Cutler needed to go. Anyone other than Jay, felt like a spark.

I mean, Jay barely played and won as many games as any of our other two starters. lol

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is hope for Kevin White, he is saying he is changing to number 11 as homage to Fitzgerald, not to change his luck.

A team mate Wright jumped on 13 though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is hope for Kevin White, he is saying he is changing to number 11 as homage to Fitzgerald, not to change his luck.

A team mate Wright jumped on 13 though.

I feel like Wright may have purchased the number from him. That happens quite a bit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Jay barely played and won as many games as any of our other two starters. lol

Doesn't matter. After the Tampa Bay game, he could've walked to the 50 yard line hand in hand with Jesus Christ himself, carrying with them, the cure for Cancer, and I still would've rooted harder for Barkley.

Fuck Cutler. Ultimate prick-tease.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. After the Tampa Bay game, he could've walked to the 50 yard line hand in hand with Jesus Christ himself, carrying with them, the cure for Cancer, and I still would've rooted harder for Barkley.

TB was one of the worst games he ever played here, no doubt.

However, with the injuries we accumulated. Very few QB's would have made that team competitive in 2016, perhaps zero.

He was a prick tease, but he was also 38-7 as a Bear when the D allowed 20 points or less. You can certainly win with Jay when you put a team around him. He's just not a guy who can carry a team, like we had hoped when he got here.

Can't believe he wants to do broadcasts now. What the hell? The last guy I thought would want to do anything like that. I also can't believe FOX gave him an audition. The guy has the personality of a dead fish.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB was one of the worst games he ever played here, no doubt.

However, with the injuries we accumulated. Very few QB's would have made that team competitive in 2016, perhaps zero.

He was a prick tease, but he was also 38-7 as a Bear when the D allowed 20 points or less. You can certainly win with Jay when you put a team around him. He's just not a guy who can carry a team, like we had hoped when he got here.

Can't believe he wants to do broadcasts now. What the hell? The last guy I thought would want to do anything like that. I also can't believe FOX gave him an audition. The guy has the personality of a dead fish.

Actually, I think he's funny. Years ago, I posted a mic'd up clip of him...he cracked me up. He was talking to Hanie about how Fitzpatrick wears his wedding ring when he plays, and was wtf'ing it. I think he may be the most misunderstood dude ever.

I'd drink beer with him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.............and I will truly believe God hates me if Cutler passes every broadcaster to be the number 2 analyst for Fox to replace John Lynch.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he got the gig. Preliminary reports is he will have the bears opening game on fox.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he got the gig. Preliminary reports is he will have the bears opening game on fox.
I thought you meant ryan clady. Why don't you start a new thread for Cutlers new gig?