• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else going through withdrawals?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even spring yet and I'm itching for some college football bad

giphy.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. my next fix (*ahem*...no pun intended) will be during the ncaa tourney and then during the nba finals/stanley cup finals, but still, none of those events really does the job that football does...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. my next fix (*ahem*...no pun intended) will be during the ncaa tourney and then during the nba finals/stanley cup finals, but still, none of those events really does the job that football does...
Can't wait for the cup finals, who's your team?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the cup finals, who's your team?

well, personally i guess i don't have a team i root for hardcore, but being a fellow Ohioan, I've pulled for Columbus since their inception into the league. Before they came around, I usually pulled for the Redwings, but that was waaay back, like in the 90's. Was never really what you would call a "hardcore wings fan" or anything, though. i just enjoy watching hockey, really (especially playoff hockey)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waking up at 5:30am to work out/physical therapy has really dulled the itch with exhaustion.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured lately or something?
Last August I screwed up my knee but have been trying to be lazy to let it recover. Still bothering me. Physical therapist says he believes I damaged the inside of my knee cap (tore my ACL in 2001 and they used my patella tendon as a replacement) so I need to strength all the muscles around it and my ankles to lessen movement in the knee when on uneven ground. With another 40 mile backpacking trip in the beginning of October this will help.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last August I screwed up my knee but have been trying to be lazy to let it recover. Still bothering me. Physical therapist says he believes I damaged the inside of my knee cap (tore my ACL in 2001 and they used my patella tendon as a replacement) so I need to strength all the muscles around it and my ankles to lessen movement in the knee when on uneven ground. With another 40 mile backpacking trip in the beginning of October this will help.
Did the same in high school. Got put on that machine that constantly rotates your knee after surgery to keep the tendon flexible. Guess I’m lucky though. Had to get cartilage repaired twice after the ACL repair but really didn’t have many problems after. Had to play a year with the torn ACL as a sophomore till I quit growing. That sucked ass. Just trying to make the slightest cut, and your knee pops out of place and swells like a balloon.

Last edited:

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like driving on a long trip.

You have certain check points along the way that will keep you from turning around
and returning home.

If you are preparing to leave on an 800-mile trip (roughly 11 and 1/2 hours, you
won't even start the car if you can't think of something else.

You have spots along the way 40 or 50 miles apart that you measure your trip by.
The first and last parts of the trip are okay. It's the middle part where it can be
a bitch.

So for the journey from one football season to another. You have to complete basketball
season. With that out of the way...Spring practice is underway and that gives you hope
for the coming year. (Even Florida can complete passes in April. Well, 30% of them anyway)

With the end of Spring practice, college baseball is at the midway point. (MLB is roughly
two years long, so that's not a good checkpoint) The CWS occurs in June and school ends
for the academic year, so you know when it reopens we'll be playing.

Now with the end of College Baseball The Canadian Football League is in their exhibition season
and Arena Football is underway. So there is some relief. The NFL goes to camp in July
so we know we're getting close. Fall Practice begins the first of August. That is a time of
rejoicing. The teams are back at it. Predictions are soaring. All the players suspended for
the summer in the SEC will be rejoining their teams...Kickoff is 4 weeks away.

The debates will kick into high gear. Who will be preseason #1? Who will be the dark horse
teams? Who will be the coaches on the hot seat. Which school will hire away Oregon's
Head Coach? HBO will present a four-part documentary...
"GREATNESS...The Champions of the West-The Brady Hoke Story!"

Polls will mark every other thread...Vegas will give the Over/Under on how many Chris Peterson
photos AlaskaGuy will post in any given week. Captain Hook will raise his hand and have his
fingers display how many games UTEP will win. Tennessee and Notre Dame will continue to pay
for coaches at 24 other universities. Iowa and Texas Tech will extend the contracts of Ferentz
and Kingsbury in mid-August, a reward for a summer...well-done.

Damn...I can't wait.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like driving on a long trip.

You have certain check points along the way that will keep you from turning around
and returning home.

If you are preparing to leave on an 800-mile trip (roughly 11 and 1/2 hours, you
won't even start the car if you can't think of something else.

You have spots along the way 40 or 50 miles apart that you measure your trip by.
The first and last parts of the trip are okay. It's the middle part where it can be
a bitch.

So for the journey from one football season to another. You have to complete basketball
season. With that out of the way...Spring practice is underway and that gives you hope
for the coming year. (Even Florida can complete passes in April. Well, 30% of them anyway)

With the end of Spring practice, college baseball is at the midway point. (MLB is roughly
two years long, so that's not a good checkpoint) The CWS occurs in June and school ends
for the academic year, so you know when it reopens we'll be playing.

Now with the end of College Baseball The Canadian Football League is in their exhibition season
and Arena Football is underway. So there is some relief. The NFL goes to camp in July
so we know we're getting close. Fall Practice begins the first of August. That is a time of
rejoicing. The teams are back at it. Predictions are soaring. All the players suspended for
the summer in the SEC will be rejoining their teams...Kickoff is 4 weeks away.

The debates will kick into high gear. Who will be preseason #1? Who will be the dark horse
teams? Who will be the coaches on the hot seat. Which school will hire away Oregon's
Head Coach? HBO will present a four-part documentary...
"GREATNESS...The Champions of the West-The Brady Hoke Story!"

Polls will mark every other thread...Vegas will give the Over/Under on how many Chris Peterson
photos AlaskaGuy will post in any given week. Captain Hook will raise his hand and have his
fingers display how many games UTEP will win. Tennessee and Notre Dame will continue to pay
for coaches at 24 other universities. Iowa and Texas Tech will extend the contracts of Ferentz
and Kingsbury in mid-August, a reward for a summer...well-done.

Damn...I can't wait.
Is that the next season of American Horror Story? Brady Hoke

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really I can watch the G5 regular season now and help their putrid tv ratings since they moved their season from the fall...

Wait, I forgot, they didnt do what I told em to so they are still irrelevant and we still dont watch em... oh well, onward with my loooong walk of college footballess misery.
:pout:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watch the Alabama vs Georgia game.....again.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just "kick some OU ass withdrawals!"