• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any News on......

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Petersen after practice today if it was safe to assume that Miles wouldn’t participate in practices the rest of the spring.

“No. It’s not. We just haven’t really decided on that whole situation,” Petersen said. “It’s kind of one day, one week at a time. There’s no reason to rush anything, and we’re always going to do the right thing. I know everyone thinks they have their opinion on what the right thing is, but we’re going to do the right thing by the school, by this program and by the kids as well. I’ve said this before: This is such a political job and I’m never going to make decisions because of political reasons to make me look better, because you think ‘Oh that’s the right thing.’ Well, that’s not why we’re in this thing; we’re in (it) to do the right thing on all accounts. Sometimes, things just need to play out.”

Petersen was asked if there was still fact-finding involved with the situation.

“Not necessarily,” he said. “Not in my mind. … When we come to a conclusion on this, we’ll let everyone know.”
So Petersen hasn't made up his mind yet on exactly when Miles will return, but it sounds like it could be soon.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Miles will be coming back, but if he does, he may get some practice time the last week. Also possible he doesn't at all. Just have to wait and see. He'll need to work his ass off over the summer and during fall to have a chance at the starter job for 2014.

Stringfellow's status will most likely stay suspended till things progress through the legal system and a final result of that occurs. Then the final decision will occur. Probably over the summertime. This is a situation where prolonging the amount of time till he has his day in court will not benefit him. Many lawyers strategy is to delay, delay, delay so by the time a court date does occur, it's been long enough to present a "lots of water already under the bridge" has occurred.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being retweeted by all the west coast sports guys tonight that Damore'ea Stringfellow posted out a comment on his instagram today, "Bye Bye Seattle".

Guess we'll all know when Petersen makes any formal announcements on this matter.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Stringfellow and Miles deserve to be kicked off the team. Stringfellow obviously more so.

Cyler Miles may not have hit anyone according to the charging documents, but he was a willing and obvious participant to the rampage that Stringfellow initiated. This demonstrates to me that Miles is not as bad as Stringfellow, but still lacks the character of someone I would want at my school. It seems unlikely that Miles gets kicked off the team, but I believe he should be.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame that Damore'ea Stringfellow turned out to be such a piece of shit human being because IMO he has first round NFL talent. This is really pissing his future away.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame that Damore'ea Stringfellow turned out to be such a piece of shit human being because IMO he has first round NFL talent. This is really pissing his future away.

He'll go play at some JUCO and, eventually, someone will take him in the 2nd-4th round of the draft. Probably won't hurt his future at all, unless the courts actually do something significant to him... like that will happen.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a waste as you caught glimpses of what a beast he could be last year when he played. His talent was already looking freakish.

But he only did play a year, so he can either JUCO or transfer to a school in another Div. But I'm sure other PAC schools would be interested, including Sark/USC who have the floodgates opening in 2015.

Whatever. The Huskies will be just fine without him. Attending UW is a privilege. Stringfellow obviously thought otherwise.

But that being said, its up to the UW coaches to make the final decision. Everyone makes mistakes, but you still need to face the consequences, especially when it comes to events like these.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with those who feel both should be cut. How does a person get so butt hurt over a football lost by his favorite NFL team losing that he goes around beating strangers for being fans of the team that beat them?
Very strange behavior.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DS (dip shit, or Damore'ea Stringfellow) was arraigned today and plead guilty to all 3 charges. He said he had not been drinking or doing drugs before those incidents. Said he was just 'backing up his QB'. He has been attending anger management classes since then.

Judge accepted the plea deal and sentenced him to 5 days in jail which was transferred to 5 days on a work crew (highway litter patrol? lol). He was also fined $693 or 70 hours of community service.

UW's Damore'ea Stringfellow pleads guilty to assault of Seahawks fans; sentenced to five days on a work crew | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DS (dip shit, or Damore'ea Stringfellow) was arraigned today and plead guilty to all 3 charges. He said he had not been drinking or doing drugs before those incidents. Said he was just 'backing up his QB'. He has been attending anger management classes since then.

Judge accepted the plea deal and sentenced him to 5 days in jail which was transferred to 5 days on a work crew (highway litter patrol? lol). He was also fined $693 or 70 hours of community service.

UW's Damore'ea Stringfellow pleads guilty to assault of Seahawks fans; sentenced to five days on a work crew | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

Must of had some really good lawyer. Should gotten some time behind bars.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must of had some really good lawyer. Should gotten some time behind bars.

Mike Hunsinger represented him as well as Cyler Miles. He has been getting UW athletes off the hook for years for basically nothing besides having inside access to the team. I believe he has represented every UW football player that has needed a lawyer for any reason. The most notable case would probably be the Jerramy Stevens r*pe case.

Stringfellow is a piece of shit, and the same goes for Miles. The two don't deserve to be at the University of Washington and if not for the excellent legal representation provided by Hunsinger, would likely both be behind bars.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]456979425536376832[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
:L

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this trash was fucking kicked off the team? Are you fucking serious? Both of those fucking losers are going to be allowed to continue attending school at UW? Come on Petersen, send a message and don't allow this piece of shit human being to remain on our roster.

If Petersen does anything other than kick Stringfellow off the team he will continue to perpetuate the image that the football team means more than the community. Stringfellow is a damn good football player, but a damn bad person that doesn't deserve the privilege of attending the University of Washington.

The same goes for Cyler Miles, but since Miles was never charged with anything Petersen has a reasonable excuse for not kicking him off the team. If Petersen allows Stringfellow to remain at this school, I will be deeply disappointed.

Kicking either of them off the team is a blow to the roster, there is no doubt of that. Prior to this incident Miles looked like he could very well be the starter and I personally believe that Stringfellow has 1st to 2nd round talent, but that is no excuse not to punish them for their actions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was retracted. Guess they saw the wrong jersey.

It's obvious you won't see either of those idiots before fall at the earliest. Especially given that Miles isn't back yet and wasn't even charged with anything.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us would prefer to see both get kicked and I'd kind of be surprised if string doesn't get sent packing, but I really doubt Miles goes.

I'm just not an expert on what kinds of punishments Petersen has given out for first offenses like this before. String did get in trouble with the law, but he did own up to it (plead out) and apparently has been in anger management and doing other things.

Did you see the poll on the Seattle times? 45% want to see him suspended for a game or two. Only 24% want him dismissed.

Only person that matters is Petersen and his take on the situation.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us would prefer to see both get kicked and I'd kind of be surprised if string doesn't get sent packing, but I really doubt Miles goes.

I'm just not an expert on what kinds of punishments Petersen has given out for first offenses like this before. String did get in trouble with the law, but he did own up to it (plead out) and apparently has been in anger management and doing other things.

Did you see the poll on the Seattle times? 45% want to see him suspended for a game or two. Only 24% want him dismissed.

Only person that matters is Petersen and his take on the situation.

It goes to show that athletic ability and what you can do for your team on the football field is more important than what they do in the community as long as it does not impact you.

If these were not key football players on the University of Washington football team, I doubt you would see that kind of support. These are two individuals who if they had not been members of the UW football team would likely be considered thugs. But put a football jersey on their back, and they are just two kids who made an honest mistake and deserve a second chance.

I love football as much as anyone but I don't forget that this is still a school and a school that rejects thousands of great kids every year, it is a privilege for them to be attending the University of Washington and they need to be treated as such.

If you take two guys from a UW fraternity and they did this, I'm pretty sure the Seattle Times would agree they should be kicked out of the school.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but this doesn't really seem like a guy who is on his way out of Seattle. Taken from Stringfellow's Twitter:

f584c0200cf6789eaa9bb53fdb67128e.png

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes to show that athletic ability and what you can do for your team on the football field is more important than what they do in the community as long as it does not impact you.

If these were not key football players on the University of Washington football team, I doubt you would see that kind of support. These are two individuals who if they had not been members of the UW football team would likely be considered thugs. But put a football jersey on their back, and they are just two kids who made an honest mistake and deserve a second chance.

I love football as much as anyone but I don't forget that this is still a school and a school that rejects thousands of great kids every year, it is a privilege for them to be attending the University of Washington and they need to be treated as such.

If you take two guys from a UW fraternity and they did this, I'm pretty sure the Seattle Times would agree they should be kicked out of the school.
Take this for what it's worth as I've drank half a bottle of fireball tonight and I never drink so :drool:

String probably doesn't have any final word from the staff yet so his sounding like he is staying is what you would expect from someone trying to put a good face forward and win the minds of some of us back. That's my guess.

As for Petersen and how he treats them vs maybe lessor contributors, I just don't get that sense.

We have to step back here from our emotions for a second. Both of us are Seahawk fans and I know part of my fuel for wanting them gone comes from both of them attacking our fans in the city where that team is from. It was not only stupid, but something personal for many of us.

Coaches have to approach it differently. What is his history like? Was this out of character? What are their overall rules for this type of indiscretion? etc.

I want him gone, but won't be surprised if he stays. Petersen doesn't have any type of history with him, or the others for that matter. You don't make examples and you don't take it easy on stars. You deal out justice in a consistent way so that the same level of offense always equals the same punishment.

Would a kid in a bar fight deserve to be kicked for a first offense? I know this isn't exactly the same, but these are the questions the coaches must have to ask.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what it's worth as I've drank half a bottle of fireball tonight and I never drink so :drool:

String probably doesn't have any final word from the staff yet so his sounding like he is staying is what you would expect from someone trying to put a good face forward and win the minds of some of us back. That's my guess.

As for Petersen and how he treats them vs maybe lessor contributors, I just don't get that sense.

We have to step back here from our emotions for a second. Both of us are Seahawk fans and I know part of my fuel for wanting them gone comes from both of them attacking our fans in the city where that team is from. It was not only stupid, but something personal for many of us.

Coaches have to approach it differently. What is his history like? Was this out of character? What are their overall rules for this type of indiscretion? etc.

I want him gone, but won't be surprised if he stays. Petersen doesn't have any type of history with him, or the others for that matter. You don't make examples and you don't take it easy on stars. You deal out justice in a consistent way so that the same level of offense always equals the same punishment.

Would a kid in a bar fight deserve to be kicked for a first offense? I know this isn't exactly the same, but these are the questions the coaches must have to ask.

Fireball is good shit my brother.

There was something he retweeted on there from a teammate about how he had manned up and accepted the consequences of his actions. Take it how you will, it sort of sounded to me as if Stringfellow knows his punishment already but that is purely speculation on my point.

For me it is not that he assaulted Seahawks fans, it is the blatant manner he did it in that made me sick. Even if he attacked a Bronco or 49ers fan I would feel just as outraged over it, maybe even more so because it would be an even worse representation of our city.

A bar fight is one thing, what Stringfellow did is a completely different thing. It sounded as if they were out for blood and had been reckless and complete assholes the entire night and I believe I saw that they were sober during the event as well. Not that drinking is an excuse, but it can bring out the worst in some people.

You know that in a situation like this, it is not his first time doing something like this nor will it be his last. You can make the case that I'm jumping to conclusions and judging him based on his actions during this one event, but it is likely a safe bet that someone who does something like this is a trash.

I can understand keeping one of them on the team under the assumption that the other was the "bad influence", I mean we all know what that is like. But one of them must go.