• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any News on......

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Googled Cyler Miles and didn't come up with anything in the last few weeks. I'm sure when something new pops up it'll be all over the news.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With spring practice opening in a little over a week I'm sure we will be hearing all about those two and where things are at. The question of who will be running the offense will be front and center over that camp.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about it on Tuesday morning Petersen said again basically they are waiting on the legal process to do anything differently and there has been no word out of the city attorneys office about charges. We saw in the ASJ case how long it took for that office to charge and process his case and this is just a simple assault case. Could be tied up for a long time without resolution.

What you do know is even if Miles is allowed back on the team, if he misses all of spring his chances of being the opening day starter are quite slim. New staff coming in and he hasn't had starters experience means no spring and he is at best riding the bench and at worst being thrown off the team.

I'm sure most of us still hope he is tossed off the team. If he really punched a girl in the face that night his ass needs to be sent packing.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about it on Tuesday morning Petersen said again basically they are waiting on the legal process to do anything differently and there has been no word out of the city attorneys office about charges. We saw in the ASJ case how long it took for that office to charge and process his case and this is just a simple assault case. Could be tied up for a long time without resolution.

What you do know is even if Miles is allowed back on the team, if he misses all of spring his chances of being the opening day starter are quite slim. New staff coming in and he hasn't had starters experience means no spring and he is at best riding the bench and at worst being thrown off the team.

I'm sure most of us still hope he is tossed off the team. If he really punched a girl in the face that night his ass needs to be sent packing.

If he did do this assault then hell yes gone no questions asked....

This is what is bugging me about this, one of the newspapers or TV news, made the comment that , police showed the victim a team picture of the football team and that is how they were identified, now I'm not trying to play defense council here but that just seems weird. Ok the assaults take place in campus area's understood, but to pull out a picture of the football team ??? Granted there could ve been other clues that it was actual football players that haven't be revealed to the public, but to make that comment and leave it at that? That is odd....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of conflicting information out there as well which is why we need the official charges to be filed or the case dropped so we can get to the bottom of it all. The two were allegedly tied to 3 different incidents that night. Hard to imagine they were wrongfully accused and just picked out due to a bad lineup where only football players were looked at. Even the dude who was punched on the street had a buddy there that also identified the two.

They are guilty of something, but the question is will they be charged for any of it or are they going to get away with it. And if they are not charged does that end the suspension and return them both to the team.

I don't want either of them back at this point, but I still want to see what the full reports say happened that night. I guess if they weren't as guilty as we have been lead to believe I could change my mind, but I doubt that happens.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will continue to be suspended from the team till a decision is made by the city if charges will be filed and then what Petersen decides to do with them. No word on when that announcement will happen.

They will not be there during spring practice. Lindquist and Williams will be the two QBs working with the team next week. Carta-Samuels isn't an early enroll so he won't be arriving at UW till summertime.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Good news if true.

Per Christian Caple -- Can confirm that QB Cyler Miles will not face charges for alleged assault. Have not heard word on Damore'ea Stringfellow.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Good news if true.

Per Christian Caple -- Can confirm that QB Cyler Miles will not face charges for alleged assault. Have not heard word on Damore'ea Stringfellow.

Yeah, Softy and Silvi both reporting he will not be facing any charges. I'm sure he will be in camp this week.

Not sure this is good news, but I understand some of you may be happy about it.

I really don't want a kid leading my team that attacked several Seahawk fans IN SEATTLE right after the super bowl because his team lost and he was a fucking baby about it. Maybe that's just me. I wanted them both booted from the team.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles or Stringfellow have been charged for crimes????:noidea:

"Don't have these boys cross any of our fence lines down here and start messin with our women or kids OR were gonna have to give them a lil' taste of "western justice" down here."
:whistle:

Happy for ya guys...Myles ate us up last year!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want a kid leading my team that attacked several Seahawk fans IN SEATTLE right after the super bowl because his team lost and he was a fucking baby about it. Maybe that's just me. I wanted them both booted from the team.

Wiz if they did it then hell yes I'm with you on kicking there asses to the curbs, I would look like an idiot as a coach trying to tell young kids that UW is the place they need to be, but if there not charged with a crime and Petersen restates them then my mind is clear.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this means he'll be back for camp right away. Just cause he's not going to be charged, doesn't mean he won't still remain in Coach P's doghouse. He should. Until the full story is known, I'm going to hold off on calling for his ass to be kicked to the curb. Coach P is a very strong disciplinarian. Got to trust that he'll make the right call on Miles and Stringfellow once they have all the final information from the proper sources.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like I won't keep my season tickets and keep rooting for my team. I'll get over it, but this isn't what I wanted to have happen.

No offense, but I'm not shocked an Eagles fan is less upset about players who attacked fans of another team. :lol:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like I won't keep my season tickets and keep rooting for my team. I'll get over it, but this isn't what I wanted to have happen.

No offense, but I'm not shocked an Eagles fan is less upset about players who attacked fans of another team. :lol:

My point is this, if the kid isn't charge, and Petersen doesn't hand down a suspension to Myles, then in my eyes "case closed" . It doesn't matter the NFL team I cheer for, the bottomline is the kid was cleared of all doing. I don't favor players no matter what they do, even it costs them wins, a crime is a crime no matter what.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is this, if the kid isn't charge, and Petersen doesn't hand down a suspension to Myles, then in my eyes "case closed" . It doesn't matter the NFL team I cheer for, the bottomline is the kid was cleared of all doing. I don't favor players no matter what they do, even it costs them wins, a crime is a crime no matter what.

I was busting your balls for being an Eagles fan man. Just like you like to taunt us for being Seahawks fans.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busting your balls for being an Eagles fan man. Just like you like to taunt us for being Seahawks fans.

I know you were man, I'm just saying if the kid didn't do anything involved then he should be able to resume his playing career to help this program continue to grow.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best break down of what allegedly happened on that night. Miles may, or may not have actually struck the guy they randomly stopped on the street, but it would seem String was all over the place being an asshole that night.

Interesting that Miles isn't already back on the team now that they have dismissed him from any further investigation. Looks like he is going to miss most of spring, if not all. Given the details out now, I don't see him being kicked off the team.

Assault charges formally filed against UW's Damore'ea Stringfellow | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

According to the charging documents, Stringfellow assaulted a woman at a celebratory bonfire, where a large crowd had gathered near UW’s Greek Row shortly after the Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos.

Miles, wearing a Broncos beanie, and Stringfellow were both present at the bonfire.

Stringfellow “was shoving a Broncos hat or beanie in the faces of celebrating Seahawks fans. An unknown male ran into the crowd, grabbed the hat from Stringfellow’s hand, and threw it either on the ground or towards the fire,” according to the charging documents. “Stringfellow and the unknown male began fighting. Bystanders quickly stepped in to separate the two.”

A woman who lived on Green Row and who had rented a digital camera from UW was taking pictures of the celebration and “snapped multiple pictures of the aftermath of the altercation, though she did not realize at the time precisely what she was photographing,” the documents read. “After being separated, Stringfellow turned, saw (the woman) with the camera, and headed straight towards her. He grabbed aggressively for the camera, and the two struggled over it. (The woman) had the strap around her wrist, so Stringfellow was unable to wrest it from her. Witnesses characterized the struggle in varying terms ranging from (the woman) being shaken around violently to her being moved around a little bit.”

The woman reported having a “mild fever” that day.

During the struggle, “Stringfellow hit (her) in the head. (She) fainted, though it appears she was not out for a long period of time (it is unclear whether she passed out from the blow or due to the exertion and the fact she was ill).”

The camera lens “either broke off or came loose in Stringfellow’s hand. He then threw it into or in the direction of the fire. Someone yelled, ‘yo String, let’s go,” and Stringfellow and Miles left while (the woman) was carried into a nearby fraternity house.”

About 50 minutes later, Stringfellow and Miles got out of a car and asked a man if he was a Seahawks fan. The man “replied something to effect of ‘yeah of course, are you Broncos fans? When Stringfellow said yes, (the Seahawks fan) said ‘tough night to be a Broncos fan’ and tried to walk past them. Stringfellow blocked his path and got up very close to him. (The Seahawks fan) put his hands up in front of and close to his chest. Stringfellow said he felt threatened and pushed (the Seahawks fan) into a hedge. (The Seahawks fan) pushed him back, and Stringfellow began punching him, striking him at least once in the lower jaw. (The Seahawks fan) tried to get away by running downa nearby path … Stringfellow and Miles chased him, with Stringfellow in the lead.”

After catching up with the Seahawks fan, Stringfellow “punched him again in the head and cheek.” An unknown female in the car “yelled at Stringfellow and Miles to come out and get out of there. The two ran back to the car, which drove off …”

The Seahawks fan had a black eye, a cut lip and scrapes on his elbows.

The fan and his girlfriend, also present, identified Stringfellow as the “primary aggressor.” Miles had chased the fan, but neither the fan nor his girlfriend “could state with any certainty that Miles actually struck” the fan during the assault.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Stringfellow is as good as gone. Miles, I guess we'll see. He may not have actually hit anyone, but running around with Stringfellow while he was being an idiot is really piss poor judgment. I don't know what to expect from Petersen.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Stringfellow is as good as gone. Miles, I guess we'll see. He may not have actually hit anyone, but running around with Stringfellow while he was being an idiot is really piss poor judgment. I don't know what to expect from Petersen.

String not only attacked one person, but at least two including knocking down a woman and broke her camera gear which was borrowed from the university to cover up his attack on someone else around that bonfire. It all amounts to 3 misdemeanor charges, but the circumstances and the fact it happened over a stretch of more than an hour so it wasn't an isolated incident should mean he's gone. At the very least he should miss substantial games for the season.

Miles? Ran around with him, but not actually being even charged with any crime makes his case more difficult to judge. Petersen doesn't only need to pass judgement in this case, but follow his established precedent. These coaches have to use consistent judgement and hand down the same punishment for the same violations no matter who commits them and what did Miles do here?

I'm sure he rejoins the team sometime before the end of spring, but the other two QB's do have a big leg up on him going into fall either way.