• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any intriguing QB's in 2016 Draft Class that we Could Possibly Land Post-Round one?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread made me cover my ears...

Don't want our Bears reaching for any QB, non will be there at #11 worth an 11 because if they're worthy of an 11 pick, they will be picked before our pick. Second round? Possibly, if one grades out. Later, who knows, anyone's guess.

C

cubzzzfanincali

*Probably*, other teams will reach for the top ranked QBs before #11 comes up. That frequently happens, it probably will this year too. I'd say the chances of the Bears using 11 on a QB are around 5%. Pretty unlikely. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't take one in the later rounds though, particularly since he didn't last year. Depending on what his scouts tell him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me BPA at 11. I don't see that being a QB. But eventually were gonna have to address the QB situation, Cutler is getting old. I see this rebuild taking longer then most here and we need to have our guy of the future waiting and learning. I don't see us picking as high as 11 in the near future. I guess I trust Gase and his drafting.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how many on this board are obsessed with replacing Cutler. He's only 32. Not 42. QB's can play well into their mid to late 30's now.

Drafting a QB at #11 or even the 2nd round is idiotic. It's a wasted pick. You can get a bona-fide playmaker for a number of different need positions at those spots. Positions that could rebuild the team much quicker than a huge question mark QB that wouldn't even play the next 2 years. Would you rather have the 3rd, 4th...6th best graded QB? or the #1 ranked ILB, DLineman who will play year one?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler will be 33 when the season starts next year Joey. You have to think about the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys need to watch a lot more football not involving Chicago if you think AJ is elite when healthy. I like him, he is a very good receiver, but if you think he is even in the Top 10, you need to turn on a few other teams. Just my advice. Happy New Year everyone.
not a bears fan, but his numbers per game speak for themselves.....hes up there early in his career with antonio browns numbers. hes pretty good

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how many on this board are obsessed with replacing Cutler. He's only 32. Not 42. QB's can play well into their mid to late 30's now.

Drafting a QB at #11 or even the 2nd round is idiotic. It's a wasted pick. You can get a bona-fide playmaker for a number of different need positions at those spots. Positions that could rebuild the team much quicker than a huge question mark QB that wouldn't even play the next 2 years. Would you rather have the 3rd, 4th...6th best graded QB? or the #1 ranked ILB, DLineman who will play year one?

Cutler will be 33 when the season starts next year Joey. You have to think about the future.

Joey wants to just get these bonafide second round playmakers to protect Cutler.

The rest of us see that developing an Aaron Rodgers for 3 years, Osweiller for three and a half years means the quarterback is ready when cutler is 37 fucking years old and the contract is done.

What is the plan Joey, let him go til he is 40, I mean I know there wont be wear and tear on his arm because he only throws 10 yard passes, but then what, get another top dollar free agent?

The bears improved on defense signing players off the street. Shows me their draft is not slam dunk for bonafide yet, but then again, Green Bay is still kicking themselves for wasting that first round pick in 2005.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on guys, this is the Bears. Mike Tomczak? Bob Avellini? No love for the home team here?
Peter Tom Willis? Alright lets go with Cordell Stewart that way the Pitt fan can feel he contributed. And BoB Avellini's grandma was my teacher in the third grade, he is my hero. lol.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as we consider the quarterbacks of the future, worth remembering the dynamic at play today of overpaying QBs.

Barnwell: How the 'average' NFL QB has changed dramatically

At some point, the pendulum will swing back and NFL GMs will recognize that in a salary cap era spending big to buy mediocrity is a mistake.

It's a great time to be a mediocre/decent QB. Dalton, Ryan, Cutler... etc... All paid like hall of fame guys.

Team's are terrified of wandering into the unknown at the QB position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladry Jones is pretty damn brutal, from what I've seen lol

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey wants to just get these bonafide second round playmakers to protect Cutler.

The rest of us see that developing an Aaron Rodgers for 3 years, Osweiller for three and a half years means the quarterback is ready when cutler is 37 fucking years old and the contract is done.

What is the plan Joey, let him go til he is 40, I mean I know there wont be wear and tear on his arm because he only throws 10 yard passes, but then what, get another top dollar free agent?

The bears improved on defense signing players off the street. Shows me their draft is not slam dunk for bonafide yet, but then again, Green Bay is still kicking themselves for wasting that first round pick in 2005.

You are so transparent it's funny, anything to get rid of Jay right?... do you even know what happened in GB when they drafted Rodgers? When he didn't play for 3 years?
2005: 4-12
2006: 8-8
2007: 13-3

NOBODY new that Aaron Rodgers would become what he is today. I'm of the opinion that if they used that first round pick on a need position or impact position at the time... who knows, maybe they win another Superbowl in 2007 or make the playoffs in 2006. And oh yeah.... what did Rodgers do in his first year as starter after a 13-3 season? He went 6-10. So that's what you're advocating. That's what you want AI? You want the Bears to draft a QB high now, With NO guarantee that he will become one of the greatest of all time.... and go 31-33 over the next 4 years? That sounds GREAT!!
And Favre was 36 when they drafted Rodgers and played another 3 years in GB, one in NY, and 2 more in Min. Jay's got plenty of time.

I'm not apposed to drafting a QB. But this draft doesn't look promising to me... and they need so much help everywhere else. IF Pace can find a gem in the later rounds, fine.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus... lol. I never thought I'd see the day where AI goes after Cutler... for being TOO conservative. Too good.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so transparent it's funny, anything to get rid of Jay right?... do you even know what happened in GB when they drafted Rodgers? When he didn't play for 3 years?
2005: 4-12
2006: 8-8
2007: 13-3

NOBODY new that Aaron Rodgers would become what he is today. I'm of the opinion that if they used that first round pick on a need position or impact position at the time... who knows, maybe they win another Superbowl in 2007 or make the playoffs in 2006. And oh yeah.... what did Rodgers do in his first year as starter after a 13-3 season? He went 6-10. So that's what you're advocating. That's what you want AI? You want the Bears to draft a QB high now, With NO guarantee that he will become one of the greatest of all time.... and go 31-33 over the next 4 years? That sounds GREAT!!
And Favre was 36 when they drafted Rodgers and played another 3 years in GB, one in NY, and 2 more in Min. Jay's got plenty of time.

I'm not apposed to drafting a QB. But this draft doesn't look promising to me... and they need so much help everywhere else. IF Pace can find a gem in the later rounds, fine.

Right Joey, you are looking at right now.

What are you saying? The bears did not draft a quarterback and have had a record of

2014 5-11
2015 6-10

But our case, it was all the fault of the defense. Right? Its not Cutlers fault, it must not have been green bays quarterbacks fault either.

Hell, thats a perfect reason to draft one right now, so Jay can go 13-3 in his final year. You should be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% behind this

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus... lol. I never thought I'd see the day where AI goes after Cutler... for being TOO conservative. Too good.

You guys dont want a "game manager", but you cannot see they have knocked Jay down to being one.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone intriguing falls to em' in the first three rounds, than maybe..ok? This is a weak QB class, so I certainly don't wanna see em' reach for one.

If it's going to be anything later than a third rounder, I wouldn't draft a QB. We already have David Fales.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right Joey, you are looking at right now.

What are you saying? The bears did not draft a quarterback and have had a record of

2014 5-11
2015 6-10

But our case, it was all the fault of the defense. Right? Its not Cutlers fault, it must not have been green bays quarterbacks fault either.

Hell, thats a perfect reason to draft one right now, so Jay can go 13-3 in his final year. You should be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% behind this
Just like AI... not responding to what is written...but just spouting gibberish.
It's my understanding (*and understanding you should take a PHD) that you believe they should use a high pick on a QB. Just like the Packers did in 2005... It's YOUR belief that would make the Chicago Bears better. I used my superior knowledge and common sense to show you it's not the case. Furthermore, I believe that you don't want ANYTHING that would make this team more competitive while Jay Cutler is still here- be it a play maker on Defense or a new WR or OLineman to help Jay. YOU don't want Jay Cutler to succeed, so you can say you were always right. (*just like when you kept pointing out that when you started game day threads they won a few)

The Bears went 11-21 the past 2 years because they are lacking overall talent. Period. Upgrade that overall talent and they will become better. Simple. Common Sense. Using valuable draft picks for a player that will not play for the next 2-3+ years is foolish.

The Bolded print should be enough to revoke your Chicago Bears Fan card.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like AI... not responding to what is written...but just spouting gibberish.
It's my understanding (*and understanding you should take a PHD) that you believe they should use a high pick on a QB. Just like the Packers did in 2005... It's YOUR belief that would make the Chicago Bears better

Drafting a quarterback to replace cutler in 2018 or 2019 would make the bears a better team on the right track in 2018 or 2019, not signing another free agent for 24 million a year in panic. You are not taking a quarterback to improve your team the year you take him, that is what you cannot understand. I really thought you would be on board with this because it means we are not replacing your fantasy man. We are replacing him when his contract is up with a player that has spent three years learning the system. You are drafting that guy to prepare for three years. Can you get that thru your head? Green Bay took rodgers in the first round with that plan. Some teams try year after year to use a late rounder to try and find a brady.

Maybe I ignored your jibberish about the packers bad years after drafting rodgers because they were getting ready to be a perrenial playoff team. There was no point since he was never going to be playing. They were not drafting him to take over immediately, Rodgers had nothing to do with the team being 4-12 or 8-8. Neither would the quarterback we might pick. My comments about how bad the bears have been is simply showing that there is no plan for the future. We were that bad and still have nobody in the wings to be a franchise quarterback

You got jay, he is the man here, some of us just want this team to show they are planning for the future. We wished Fales got some garbage time late in the season when they lost anyway just to see if he could be the backup, while a new draft guy takes his spot on the practice squad.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread made me cover my ears...

Don't want our Bears reaching for any QB, non will be there at #11 worth an 11 because if they're worthy of an 11 pick, they will be picked before our pick. Second round? Possibly, if one grades out. Later, who knows, anyone's guess.

I'm with your beliefs on this..... If the best qb in the draft hits us at 11,I think it would be in our best interest....... But I doubt they'd fall that far.

If a decent/good one falls at no.2 I'd be happy with that pick.......

But down the line, hell with that, we don't need to waste picks on hoping....... They are Faled picks imho.

And faled is all pun intended......