• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Scott Season?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the front office be stealth tanking again? If the Lakers keep this year's pick, next year's first rounder is again top-3 protected. Does the front office secretly want to suck again next season in order to have another good chance at keeping the pick? Well, keeping Byron would certainly help that cause. Three top-3 picks in a row. Philly would then get 2018's unprotected and Orlando would be stuck with a couple second rounders instead of a first. Genius stuff!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes perfect sense lakersrule. The Lakers are still trying their best to get out from under the Nash and Dwightmare trades with giving up as little as possible and we have two years left. The gift that keeps on giving!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the front office be stealth tanking again? If the Lakers keep this year's pick, next year's first rounder is again top-3 protected. Does the front office secretly want to suck again next season in order to have another good chance at keeping the pick? Well, keeping Byron would certainly help that cause. Three top-3 picks in a row. Philly would then get 2018's unprotected and Orlando would be stuck with a couple second rounders instead of a first. Genius stuff!

talk about counting on the Lakers' fans patience...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren't that smart. Plus, its exceedingly difficult to pull off. Keeping a top 3 pick is hard. Look at how terrible we were this year and there's still a 44% chance of losing it. It'd be conceivable if it were top 7 to 10 protected but its too difficult to pull off to plan to keep a Top 3 protected.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't that smart. Plus, its exceedingly difficult to pull off. Keeping a top 3 pick is hard. Look at how terrible we were this year and there's still a 44% chance of losing it. It'd be conceivable if it were top 7 to 10 protected but its too difficult to pull off to plan to keep a Top 3 protected.
You hit the nail on the head. They aren't that smart and it is extremely difficult to keep a top three pick three straight years. I have seen enough of terrible, I want to see improvement. I hope we are not in the top three next year. This team should not be a top three bad team next year, but with Scott as coach who knows.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: Ah!! A secret plot hatched by Jeanie and Phil to ensure the ouster of Jim at the end of next season. After all, the Lakers are supposed to be contending next year or Jim steps down.

Judging by some of the other posts. It seems you forgot to use the sarcasm font.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Ah!! A secret plot hatched by Jeanie and Phil to ensure the ouster of Jim at the end of next season. After all, the Lakers are supposed to be contending next year or Jim steps down.

Judging by some of the other posts. It seems you forgot to use the sarcasm font.

I thought the genius stuff! at the end of the post was enough. Next time I'll use the right font or add a :lol:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the genius stuff! at the end of the post was enough. Next time I'll use the right font or add a :lol:

I didn't realize you were joking because I've seen people use that exact same theory and be deadly serious about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize you were joking because I've seen people use that exact same theory and be deadly serious about it.

Those people should not be allowed outside by themselves.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As you said, too much luck for it to happen that way. In reality, the front office has backdoored their way into this youth movement. They didn't plan on sucking enough these last few seasons to get the early picks that they have. They actually tried to put together somewhat competitive teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't plan on sucking enough these last few seasons to get the early picks that they have. They actually tried to put together somewhat competitive teams.

Ah!! You clearly don't understand the most ingenious part of the plan. They put together rosters of players that appeared to be able to be at least somewhat competitive. This fooled the league and kept them from being accused of tanking.

Now comes the genius part...they hired coaches who couldn't coach. :heh: