• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Scott Season?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might even be worth suffering through another lost season to see them both shown the door at the same time. Although, I'd rather that it didn't have to happen that way.
Me too...I hated this season. It was so UnLakerLike No playoffs? auuuggggg I try to watch Golden state do their thing but when it's not your team the playoffs just are not as fun.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Lakers get
Brian Shaw?????????

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Lakers get
Brian Shaw?????????

No thank you. He was fired because he couldn't relate to his younger players (and that's not even touching the fact that his Xs and Os were antiquated). He is the exact opposite of what the Lakers need with their roster. You're essentially hiring a clone of Byron Scott

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they could have Luke if they wanted him. I think the Lakers are going one more year with Scott out of reciprocity of loyalty and then we will see Luke.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they could have Luke if they wanted him. I think the Lakers are going one more year with Scott out of reciprocity of loyalty and then we will see Luke.

The problem with that is that they are gambling that Luke will still be available. He is going to have his pick of jobs. To wait until after next season, he'd have to really, really want to be the Lakers coach considering the offers that he's likely to receive.

I will say this though. Under Dr. Buss, the Lakers were a pretty patient franchise and seemed to have a knack for coming in at the 11th hour with a big coaching hire and/or trade when it looked like nothing was going to happen.

Apparently, Luke has been given the okay to interview during the playoffs (just not during an actual series) and after the playoffs, so they could be waiting for those opportunities to talk to him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Lakers have already waited too long because Thibs has signed with the Timberwolves and he got a lot of hats to wear. So we are basically down to Luke if we are going to make a change but I think the Lakers are going to let Scott go one more year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This franchise is ran by morons. That includes both Buss kids and Mitch. That's the only logical reason why this situation hasn't resolved itself. There is zero reason for this to still be going on.

There are new reports saying they are STILL deliberating about Byron Scott. Meanwhile, we couldn't even get an interview with Thibs, Van Gundy to Houston is gaining a lot of legs, AND NOW the Wizards have made a formal offer to Scott Brooks. Sure, Thibs reportedly wanted and got front office control, something LA would unlikely give him, but that's not the point. The point is we aren't even in a position to convince him otherwise because Buss kids are dragging their ass. They should have fired him by now and cast a wide net to interview every coach you can think of. Not only does that allow you to find the best guy for the job, it lets you pick everyone's brain to see how they view your franchise and if you can learn anything from that even if you don't hire them.

This indecision is completely and utterly inexcusable.There's nothing to debate. Scott sucks. You either fire him or keep for another year for whatever dumbass reason you can come up with but just make a fucking decision.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there's just no excuse for it. I'm not buying into the Kobe retiring excuse. When other teams were making moves that was your clue to make yours. To say we need 2 weeks after the season is ridiculous.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful that part of the delay is that they have settled on Luke. No one can talk to him as long as they are actively in a series. Hopefully, they are waiting for this series to end so they can talk to him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers missed their chance at Tom Thibodeau

SMDH

This is exactly the type of thing I was talking about in my earlier post. Maybe we could have gotten him, maybe we couldn't. But he had interest and we never even got a shot at it because of this Buss Family bullshit where they're too scared to make a decision. Get a guy like him in a room and maybe you make it happen. We can't even get guys into the damn room because our management has locked themselves out of the house and lost the keys.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I think standing pat is the right thing to do at the moment. I never wanted thibs. He's a good coach, but he is the reverse D'antoni imo. Fantastic defensive coach, but his offenses are the worst. Plus he runs his starters into the ground. At this moment, it seems obvious that we are waiting for Luke(go figure). If that's the plan, as much as I didn't like Scott this year, there's no point in immediately firing him, putting all our eggs in one basket, and then hiring some retread coach(who'll just be there to get fired) in case Luke says no

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I think standing pat is the right thing to do at the moment. I never wanted thibs. He's a good coach, but he is the reverse D'antoni imo. Fantastic defensive coach, but his offenses are the worst. Plus he runs his starters into the ground. At this moment, it seems obvious that we are waiting for Luke(go figure). If that's the plan, as much as I didn't like Scott this year, there's no point in immediately firing him, putting all our eggs in one basket, and then hiring some retread coach(who'll just be there to get fired) in case Luke says no

I think you nailed it, Kold. imo the coaching DEFINITELY needs an upgrade, but I wasn't all that big on Thibs either. and I think you're also correct on the matter of how to time things...

I DO hope we get Luke to be honest, but we'll wait and see what happens...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on Luke yet.