• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another reason to hate Jerry Jones.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw that last night, indeed fucked up. he came across in the interview as an old man losing touch with reality. time for his kids to try their best to push dad to the side.

or put him a canoe on an iceberg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non-issue imo...on the one hand I can see where JJ the owner is coming from...Landry & Schram built the Cowboys from dirt so if any non player personnel should get in..they should be it.

On the other hand not wanting to give JJ the coach credit for what he accomplished is petty...in the end, this is a Cowboy fan debate.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for Everybody hating on Jerry and he does suck at GM. Remember a few things your team would not be where it is without the Billions that Jerry helped bring in with the TV contracts.

Brilliant businessman stubborn Jerk of a GM

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jerry lives forever.

I too, enjoy the existence of Jerrah...couldn't be a better owner for that lovely team...heh heh :whistle:

And I get that I live in a glass house here...:L

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too, enjoy the existence of Jerrah...couldn't be a better owner for that lovely team...heh heh :whistle:

watch it sucker...Little Danny is much younger and he seems to be morphing into Jerrah at a fast clip. :lol:

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glass house, glass QB, a genetically impaired HC, mentally and vertically challenged owner and the sad part is they may not be the worst team in the division.:bawling:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the most important person in winning those 3 Super Bowls. Mike Lynn. General Manager of the Vikings. 18 players and draft picks. Without Mike Lynn those Trophies would be in some other city.

You beat me to this. I also think the Jets GM should take some credit. They took a RB with the 2nd pick the Boy's wanted. Forget the name (Blair Thomas I think) but the guy ended up being a bust so the Boys went with the next RB on the board and picked Emmit Smith.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to this. I also think the Jets GM should take some credit. They took a RB with the 2nd pick the Boy's wanted. Forget the name (Blair Thomas I think) but the guy ended up being a bust so the Boys went with the next RB on the board and picked Emmit Smith.
The football gods were indeed kind to Dallas that year.:suds:

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good things happened with Jimmy here. We all know what happened after Jerry railroaded him out of town.
Jimmy is as big an ass as Jerry. He can spot talent and he did scare the crap out of players. He had all the tools, but in the end he's no saint and no genius. If he was Miami would have more hardware. Mike Lynn should be at the top of Jimmy's Christmas card list to this day.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is as big an ass as Jerry. He can spot talent and he did scare the crap out of players. He had all the tools, but in the end he's no saint and no genius. If he was Miami would have more hardware. Mike Lynn should be at the top of Jimmy's Christmas card list to this day.

At one time or another you have to deal with your boss being a complete Jack off. That said, had Jimmy been willing to put up with a little more bullshit, he could have put himself in the record books.

I think people forget jimmy had an ego of his own and it probably cost him a chance to do something really special.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass house, glass QB, a genetically impaired HC, mentally and vertically challenged owner and the sad part is they may not be the worst team in the division.:bawling:

Well played Steve...:clap: Hahahahaha! Sad, but a lot of truth here...:gaah:

I think peeps forget how much the lack of salary cap and the Walker trade played a part in the Boys rings during the 90s. Also an owner that spent cash with no worries. Lot easier to be a dominate team, before the FA and salary cap era.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the article, but this is interesting timing since Jerry just said last week he NEVER discusses who gets in the ring of honor. Just Ole Drunky Jones at it again. Honestly, like 90% of what Jerry says this is a non issue. Drunk old man that can't remember anything beyond the last opinion he heard on a subject...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one time or another you have to deal with your boss being a complete Jack off. That said, had Jimmy been willing to put up with a little more bullshit, he could have put himself in the record books.

I think people forget jimmy had an ego of his own and it probably cost him a chance to do something really special.

It wasn't about ego.

When Jimmy agreed to become the Cowboys HC him and Jerry had a deal - Jerry would handle the money and Jimmy the players.

In Jimmy's contract he wasn't so much worried about money as he was control.

When FA hit, Jerry decided he was going to take over managing the players. It was all about Ken Norton Jr. Jimmy wanted to keep him and Jerry wanted to let him go to FA.

Jimmy said, 'It's my team', and Jerry came back with, "On the contrary, it's my team', and that was it.

Jerry had broken his word to Jimmy and that was the end of it.

Had Jerry just kept his nose out of it, there's no doubt the Cowboys of the 90's would have won at least 2 more Lombardi's - maybe more.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me that, by saying that only the men that make plays should be in the RoH, Jerry was saying that he should never be in the RoH either. :yahoo:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't about ego.

When Jimmy agreed to become the Cowboys HC him and Jerry had a deal - Jerry would handle the money and Jimmy the players.

In Jimmy's contract he wasn't so much worried about money as he was control.

When FA hit, Jerry decided he was going to take over managing the players. It was all about Ken Norton Jr. Jimmy wanted to keep him and Jerry wanted to let him go to FA.

Jimmy said, 'It's my team', and Jerry came back with, "On the contrary, it's my team', and that was it.

Jerry had broken his word to Jimmy and that was the end of it.

Had Jerry just kept his nose out of it, there's no doubt the Cowboys of the 90's would have won at least 2 more Lombardi's - maybe more.

Ego:"Self-importance" .....That sure sounds like an ego fight to me.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ego:"Self-importance" .....That sure sounds like an ego fight to me.

Well, it all goes back to the deal they made: Jimmy would handle the players, Jerry would handle the money. When Jerry started handling players, Jimmy was correct in telling him, 'It's my team'.