• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another extension for Goddell

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He holds all the blackmail on the owners, especially the ones of influence.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how many people don't understand that he works for the owners, making money trumps his bad decisions. You make more money for the owners you keep your job, it's strictly business

Anyone could be the owners' puppet. Any commissioner could take all kinds of abuse for what he makes. He's nothing special, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for enjoying February for the next 5 months.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dpn't know why everyone seems to get in a tizzy about Goodell. Sure, his disiplinary decisions at times can be questioned but the NFL is thriving like never before. I do concede some things need to be done to make it better like permanent, full time officials with instant corrections of bad calls from a skycam and booth official to keep the game flowing but without controversy. Also, grass fields in every stadium. If they have to have the slide out like Arizona, sobeit. Some other tweeks and changes but most of that is out of his hands. The billionaire owners control everything. Amd the players are making gross sums of money lke never before as well. Honestly, Goodell has been as good of a commish as anyone previous.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dpn't know why everyone seems to get in a tizzy about Goodell. Sure, his disiplinary decisions at times can be questioned but the NFL is thriving like never before. I do concede some things need to be done to make it better like permanent, full time officials with instant corrections of bad calls from a skycam and booth official to keep the game flowing but without controversy. Also, grass fields in every stadium. If they have to have the slide out like Arizona, sobeit. Some other tweeks and changes but most of that is out of his hands. The billionaire owners control everything. Amd the players are making gross sums of money lke never before as well. Honestly, Goodell has been as good of a commish as anyone previous.
I have two issues with Goodell.
1. He has to make most of his decisions with the use of a magic 8 ball.
2. At 63.9M per year he's extremely overpaid. Especially when the game markets itself. Pay the commissioner 10M per and use the rest on a very nice retirement plan for the players.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. At 63.9M per year he's extremely overpaid. Especially when the game markets itself. Pay the commissioner 10M per and use the rest on a very nice retirement plan for the players.
I do agree with that. It's way too much money.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost 64 million?! That is absurd! He is not that important.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he's a smarmy fuck.

Laughing it up at the Super Bowl taking selfies with saps.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got lucky. With the explosion of fantasy football and sports gambling, the popularity of the sport and the amount of money that it made was inevitable.

They could have put any suit in his job a decade ago at a fraction of the price and the league would still be making a shit load of money.

But hey, he's got them hoodwinked into thinking that he's somehow important to their success, so he's got that going for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got lucky. With the explosion of fantasy football and sports gambling, the popularity of the sport and the amount of money that it made was inevitable.

They could have put any suit in his job a decade ago at a fraction of the price and the league would still be making a shit load of money.

But hey, he's got them hoodwinked into thinking that he's somehow important to their success, so he's got that going for him.
Yes he got lucky to get the job as many others could of ended up with the job. However now he has a history and relationship with the owners. Obviously 32 different billionaire owners are going to have issues that have them butting heads and the commish has the uncomfortable job of referee in these situations. Not a easy thing to do and Godell having done so for years now has established how these matters are settled. He also has his relations with the NFLPA, TV executives, various businesses that provide services and products to/for the NFL, also dealing with politicians, lawyers, lawsuits and so on. A new hire would have to build his relationships and establish himself from scratch and with the NFL being a money machine the risks involved with a new hire is not a desirable thing for owners, stockholders, companies doing business with the NFL and maybe not even the NFLPA.
Course his salary is obscene, but that goes for salaries of players, coaches and executives in the NFL. The amount of money the NFL makes is obscene and you do have trickle down economics in effect here. As a fan likely best not to focus on it and just enjoy the product.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He obviously knows how to talk and suck up to the owners behind the scenes … I think it would be good for the game to see someone else get a shot at it …

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how many people don't understand that he works for the owners, making money trumps his bad decisions. You make more money for the owners you keep your job, it's strictly business
The "bad decisions" that the owners wanted but he gets credited for because he takes the heat, not the owners!