• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another day of nothing: Bogaerts is ready, Clay isn't

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Russell Simmons, all of these people could have been used as extras in West Side Story.:laugh3:

Good job Rock. Keep piling on to an already dreadful week for you.

you said people dont leave gangs tho

:scratch::noidea:
how did colin powell get a job?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Kraft was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How This Guy Went From Gang Member To Multimillionaire Entrepreneur

Vivian Giang Aug. 14, 2012, 4:01 PM 16,596 18

• inShare51​

Ads by Google

Tameka Jacobs

Ads by Google

Two decades ago, Ryan Blair was the product of a broken family. At the age of 13, he was already heavily "involved in stuff" after his father succumbed to drug addiction, he tells us.
Without anyone to turn to for his Attention Deficit Disorder and dyslexia, Blair dropped out of school in the 9th grade and quickly turned to the close-knit "familia" gang life.
In his book "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591844037/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1591844037&linkCode=as2&tag=thebusiinsi-20"]Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain[/ame]," Blair writes:
"I quickly saw how the system worked, how the street lords kept themselves in power through influence and manipulation. I observed how the older people used bribery and fear to get the younger kids to do their crimes, and I saw how the young people willingly went along with it because it seemed like the only power structure that had any kind of respect in the neighborhood."
His story was meant for a tragic end, but Blair is no longer even a shadow of his former self — except for the tattoos you see when he wears short-sleeved shirts.
At 21, Blair started his first company and today, is a serial entrepreneur who also happens to be a multimillionaire.
He writes:
"Long before I became a millionaire entrepreneur, I was a kid with a criminal record, street gang experience, and a lot of emotional scarring from years of abuse from my father. My teenage years were hardly the typical starting point for a normal, productive life, let alone a successful business career. Turns out, that didn't matter."
While dabbling in the criminal lifestyle, Blair was arrested close to a dozen times. He was 16 years old the last time he was arrested and facing a four-year jail sentence.
Luckily, at the age of 18, Blair's mother "sobered up" and "started dating a guy in real estate," which, he says, allowed him to "see how the legal people do it."
When he realized legal business tactics weren't so different from "street smarts," Blair decided to apply the survival blueprints he learned from his former life into the corporate world.
"There's a hierarchy in gangs, a hierarchy of positions and power," he says. "A gang is an economic system, and there's a lot of similarities between gangs and some legal companies."
"I know that it's not always the most powerful organization that's going to make it, it's the one that's most adaptable with the changing times, the one that understands how to manage their politics."
Three years later, the former problem child launched his first company — 24/7 Tech — and his spotty past has made him the business man he is now.
Today, he's the CEO of ViSalus and won the DSN Global Turn Around Award in 2010 when he actually turned the company around from a $6 million debt in early 2008 to $150 million in revenue 16 months later.
“I learned my business skills living in poverty and having had a family that was heavily involved in illegal businesses."
In the beginning, Blair tells us he was nervous about "taking his skeletons out of his closet," because people are always "looking for a reason to see why they are better than you. People look at people who don't have pedigree upbringings differently."
But "if you avoid it, or hide it, others might feel as though there's a dishonesty there, and hiding something is a very expensive emotional thing for you."
It was something Blair decided he didn't want weighing him down, and tells us he applies this same belief when hiring his own employees.
"I am 100 percent open to [hiring someone with a criminal record], but only if the person is honest about it."
The entrepreneur is also a contributor for Forbes.com and the Financial Times.

Read more: Ryan Blair Is A Former Gang Member Turned Multimillionaire Entrepreneur - Business Insider

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL East race over

Sox sign jose contreras and brandon lyon to minor league deals

Bailey to the DL...........again

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Russell Simmons, all of these people could have been used as extras in West Side Story.:laugh3:

Good job Rock. Keep piling on to an already dreadful week for you.

Bob Kraft is an old geezer. Isn't it more likely when he thinks of gangs he's thinking of the West Side Story version than the homicidal cults you think of them as?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's super Rock...

Now post the links to the murders committed by gang members just in the last calendar year.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL East race over

what?
contreras?

fuck, and i just grabbed bailey too...thinking he would regain the job

berandon lyon lol...way back machine

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Kraft is an old geezer. Isn't it more likely when he thinks of gangs he's thinking of the West Side Story version than the homicidal cults you think of them as?

Possible? I guess so.

Likely? No.

Unless of course he lives like Howard Hughes.

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my taint is like a swamp right now

check yo self before you wreck yo self

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL East race over

Injured over the Allstar break, that's dedication. More bullpen help is needed. Has Franky Morales gotten off the rag yet?

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured over the Allstar break, that's dedication. More bullpen help is needed. Has Franky Morales gotten off the rag yet?

he's on the Buchholz regimen

He'll pitch if they really need him in September

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible? I guess so.

Likely? No.

Unless of course he lives like Howard Hughes.

Guy accused the Russian president of ripping his ring 8 years ago. He might not be too far from Howard Hughes . . .

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws was on last night....

I forgot how big of an explosion that was at the end...shark meat everywhere.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws was on last night....

I forgot how big of an explosion that was at the end...shark meat everywhere.

Sharknado was better

whats better than a shark falling out of a sky that had just eaten a chick, father grabs a chainsaw and jumps into the mouth just as shark was gonna bite him, then chainsaws his way out saving both daughter and himself

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox Sign Contreras, Lyon To Minor League Deals

By Steve Adams [July 19 at 2:54pm CST]
The Red Sox have signed right-handers Jose Contreras and Brandon Lyon to minor league deals and assigned each to Triple-A Pawtucket, the team announced (hat tip: [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]358313090263154690[/MEDIA]"]Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald[/ame] on Twitter).
Contreras, 41, was released by the Pirates just over 24 hours ago. He's spent time on the bereavement list and dealt with shoulder inflammation recently, but as Tim Dierkes noted yesterday, Contreras has excelled at Triple-A Indianapolis of late. The veteran Cuban has allowed just one earned run with 19 strikeouts against five walks in his past 16 2/3 minor league innings.
Lyon, 33, was released by the Mets 10 days ago. He was terrific in his first 31 1/3 innings for the Mets, posting a 3.16 ERA with 22 strikeouts against 10 walks in that time. However, he yielded eight earned runs over his next three innings of work, including a disastrous six-run meltdown against the Nationals. This will be Lyon's second stint with Boston, as he saved nine games and pitched to a 4.12 ERA in 59 innings with the Sox back in 2003.