• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck vs Aaron Rodgers?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather have and also where would you draft any of these guys? Are they late 1st to early first round pick? Thanks for the help

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on league size. They were pretty much a wash before Jordy's injury. And while I don't think it will hurt Rodgers, it's definitely the tiebreaker. I'll take Luck.

That said, in a 12 team league or less, I would only take him mid-2nd. 14 team or higher, he's probably my first pick.

12 team or less there's just too much value QB late that enable you to draft stud WR/RB early. Not saying you can't win with him, but it's tougher sledding until you can get lucky on waivers at RB/WR.

My two cents

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same opinion as TKO, I had them neck and neck before the Jordy injury. .now I give Luck the edge

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either guy would be a good pick.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a redraft league, my money is still on Rodgers.
Sadly, the guy is deadly accurate. And he limits his turnovers.
  • Rodgers averages over 2 TD per game in his career (game starts). Luck averages less than 2 TD per game.
  • Rodgers has thrown 56 picks in the last 7 years (that's averages to 8 per season). Luck is already closing in fast with 46 picks in 3 years (which averages over 15 per season).

TD's get you points. Interceptions lose you points. Rodgers. And it pains me to admit it.

state-farm-cousin-reg-featuring-aaron-rodgers-mike-ditka-large-5.jpg

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a redraft league, my money is still on Rodgers.
Sadly, the guy is deadly accurate. And he limits his turnovers.
  • Rodgers averages over 2 TD per game in his career (game starts). Luck averages less than 2 TD per game.
  • Rodgers has thrown 56 picks in the last 7 years (that's averages to 8 per season). Luck is already closing in fast with 46 picks in 3 years (which averages over 15 per season).

TD's get you points. Interceptions lose you points. Rodgers. And it pains me to admit it.

You're forgetting the difference of 16 points (8 picks), is made up in rushing yards. Rushing TDs are a fickle but I would bet on Luck for one or two more there too.

Without Jordy, Rodgers missing time recently, and Luck growing, I think the "switch" is safe to make.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Rodgers over Luck all day e'ryday. Even with Jordy out.

Not sure if I'd take ARodg in the first. Depends on who is still on the board. But I think hes in play after 10.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're forgetting the difference of 16 points (8 picks), is made up in rushing yards. Rushing TDs are a fickle but I would bet on Luck for one or two more there too.

Without Jordy, Rodgers missing time recently, and Luck growing, I think the "switch" is safe to make.

That said, you can't go wrong with Rodgers.

And I guess the rush yards thing is more me thinking Rodgers runs less this year, due to some injury trouble in the past.... but who knows, maybe he runs more with Jordy out.

I'm still going Luck, but wouldn't hiss at someone who took Rodgers first.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.
I heard (just today in fact) that the Colts O-line is not that great. That can be bad news for Luck.
Last year, the Colts and Packers were about even in the sacks allowed category. (29/30 resp)

Back to Hams' original question - like some have already said... I wouldn't be disappointed with either QB on my team.

BTW: Hams' avi is almost as creepy as Treff's.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input everyone. Would love any of these guys on my team if I have near the last pick in a 10 team league.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 10 team league, I won't be able to get Luck or Rodgers, cause unless it is a QB heavy scoring format, I want 1 stud WR and 1 stud RB on my team before I'm pulling the trigger on either of those guys.

Someone else can take them in the 1st/2nd round, imo.

IF I had to choose, I would take Luck in the mid 2nd over Rodgers.
I'm with TKO though, in thinking that Luck is still rising to his potential, and that the turnover prone guy we've seen so far is working to cinch that up.

Also though, as a Luck owner in multiple leagues last year, I loved it when he threw an early game INT.
That just meant he would be slinging it around the rest of the game, lol.

As to the rushing stats - both QBs have shown that they know when to tuck it in and dive for the end zone, but Luck being younger get a slight edge in that department, imo.

Really when it comes down to it, its a freaking wash in my book. Both have a great shot at being the top QB, and if you want one of them, you'll have to take them in the 2nd round, or someone else will.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that 10 team league factoid throws a wrench into whet they're first round worthy or not. One, there 2 less picks, obviously. .but more importantly, the pool of QB needed to start every week shrinks, which lessens their value. All ten teams, in theory, are going to have a very good QB, so the elite two have less of an advantage, league wide. 12 or more I think both are possibly worthy even though I wouldn't do it myself. 10 or less, standard scoring. .I would say they both belong in the third, but if you want em, you might have to in the first or early second

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys. I am back. Kind of. Going to try posting from my phone, though probably not as often.

My take: I would actually consider taking Luck/Rodgers along with Gronk at the round 1 turn because it is a 10 team league. The shallower the league, the less important it is to have RB/WR depth. Replacement options/ mid round picks are much better quality in 10 team leagues.

I want to get 2 absolute difference making studs with my first 2 picks. Then I might target an RB like Gore, Murray or Ingram along with Mathews or Cooks in 3 and 4. Because those type of players will be there, you have more ability to take a difference making QB early.

Also, if you do not get Rodgers or Luck, then there is no reason to draft a QB until the final rounds.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a wash even without Jordy this year.