• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And with the 5th Pick of the 2018 Draft, the Broncos select...

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say very unlikely with his 11 mil cap figure.. Not sure how his contract works out but I think it's easier on us to release him then to trade him for a late round pick.

Talib is still at a pro bowl level and worth good money but not many are going to take him on at 11 mil with some off field baggage for anything worthwhile. I'd say a team would be more willing if we took on a small portion of his contract that is remianing and if that is the case we might as well keep him.

I would hope an NFC contender would be interested lol Vikings, Lions, Rams all have need at CB and over $50 in cap space.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Vikings really have a need though for a CB that expensive?

Trae Wayans really improved this year and Xavier Rhodes is a pro bowler.

Rams with Wade Phillips ya think? They have a lot of money into Trumaine Johnson but shopped him this year.

I'm not sure about the Lions either. I think they need to look a different direction with their team. Dwayne Slay is pretty darn good CB who will need a long term deal this year, tied for NFL lead in INT's. They do need a quality starter on the other side, just not sure if they will spend 11 mil on Talib.

Rams do make sense to me.

The Eagles were the one other team I thought of with Jalen Mills on one side and Ronald Darby coming off an injury, I like Rasul Douglas there and Sidney Jones is coming back from injury, but not sure they have a true #1 there and have a great run D so sorta makes sense there.

All in all I think we asked him to take a paycut before doing anything. We will see. Just not sure its worth it for us to give him up for not great value.

I don't see anyone giving a high pick for him at 32 with his 11 mil, he seems worth more to us then he does to others given some of those things.

If we were totally starting over then, yeah. it would make sense. Give us whatever you want for him type of things.

I just think we still really value him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is only useful for Denver if the team has a QB like Cousins. A rookie QB Talib would not add too much value unless the team somehow is competing for a playoff spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that. If we are going with starting a rookie QB a guy like Talib doesn't make a lot of sense to be here for 11 mil.

Which is why I think we sign a vet and draft a rookie because we can compete now and build for the future. If not then yeah a guy like Talib doesn't make a lot of sense. In that case I'd rather give Roby a full year starting to see if he is worth a nice contract or not.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Vikings really have a need though for a CB that expensive?

Trae Wayans really improved this year and Xavier Rhodes is a pro bowler.

Rams with Wade Phillips ya think? They have a lot of money into Trumaine Johnson but shopped him this year.

I'm not sure about the Lions either. I think they need to look a different direction with their team. Dwayne Slay is pretty darn good CB who will need a long term deal this year, tied for NFL lead in INT's. They do need a quality starter on the other side, just not sure if they will spend 11 mil on Talib.

Rams do make sense to me.

The Eagles were the one other team I thought of with Jalen Mills on one side and Ronald Darby coming off an injury, I like Rasul Douglas there and Sidney Jones is coming back from injury, but not sure they have a true #1 there and have a great run D so sorta makes sense there.

All in all I think we asked him to take a paycut before doing anything. We will see. Just not sure its worth it for us to give him up for not great value.

I don't see anyone giving a high pick for him at 32 with his 11 mil, he seems worth more to us then he does to others given some of those things.

If we were totally starting over then, yeah. it would make sense. Give us whatever you want for him type of things.

I just think we still really value him.

we already approached him w/ paycut... and he has spoken this way after approaching him... so my guess is him and his agent said "no... we like our deal. Thanks."

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen will play in Senior Bowl.
2 of the top 4 wow this is great.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen will play in Senior Bowl.
2 of the top 4 wow this is great.

Unbelievably great news for the Broncos! I think Allen and Mayfield are already tops on their radar and they may have a shot at either QB with the 5th pick. Personally, I would lean toward Josh Allen.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we already approached him w/ paycut... and he has spoken this way after approaching him... so my guess is him and his agent said "no... we like our deal. Thanks."

Right, I don't expect him to take a paycut, but I think it will be an option for him.

One thing I have thought about is Talib may test the waters if we give him a pay cut or cut deal and he could always re-sign for less. It happens, but not often.

Right now I think we are fishing at any with a large contract asking them to take a paycut to see what type of money we can save.

Every team does this, it's part of the off-season.

Talib may benefit from other teammates taking a paycut allowing him to stay around at his price, if not enough take the paycut to free up the money we need then we are going to have to start picking players to release.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph the hard nosed football player - is not only my favorite QB in the draft, but is likely the "value" pick of the bunch. I think the Broncos could go Barkley and then Rudolph. I think Rudolph and Kelly would be a nice competition for back up QB - to some free agent or traded for starter.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo firing on all cylinders today! Great stuff and coincidently I agree with your opinions. Barkley has generational talent.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo firing on all cylinders today! Great stuff and coincidently I agree with your opinions. Barkley has generational talent.

This is why Colts will draft him 3rd.