• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And with the 5th Pick of the 2018 Draft, the Broncos select...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've known a lot of Bronco players drafted by Denver who never heard a word from them prior to the draft.

I'm just saying a lot is going to happen between now and the draft. Players jump, climb, shuffle around... We haven't even begun the brunt of the process right now.

Buckle up and enjoy it. We don't pick #5 often.

Good example is Cam Newton he bounced all around the board when he declared. Von Miller not being in the first rd of a mock is pretty weak though (just saying) because he declared with a top 5 grade. Newton jumped around and proved himself in the offseason process that he truly was a #1 prospect. Guy like DeShaun Watson at this time was considered a top 3 pick throughout the draft process he dropped to where people weren't even sure if he would go in rd 1... A lot of people thought if the Giants passed on him in rd 1 he could fall to rd 2.. Only to have the Texans fall in love with him during his last workout with them and then climb up and draft him afraid to lose him after KC jumped up for Mahomes who the Texans also had ranked high.

I think we are saying the same thing. Where things are now is probably a long ways from where things will be 4 months from now. In the NFL everything is not set in stone until the ink hits the paper. So many dominoes to fall before the draft even comes around. We can talk about Mayfield right now but that conversation goes out the window say Cousins walks in the building. We still don't even know what QB's are going to declare yet as Darnold could get in the picture. There is talk of different QB's possibly being released like Eli and possibly Tannehil (although heard today that Gase said he is the starter heading into next season so probably not).

So yes plenty of fun ahead to try and figure out where things are going to go. What I meant about the Broncos being transparent is that while they might not tell other players what is going to happen, it just seems like a lot of information does leak out from their FO. Garrett Bolles was known as the pick for months. They seemed to get fixated on him and made no secret about it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are almost 100% going to take a QB, right? Dorsey is all about positional value and is fairly predictable when it comes to first rounders.

Barkley seems like he'll go #2 or #3 depending on if someone trades up for a QB.

My gut tells me the Broncos are going Oline. I could be wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are almost 100% going to take a QB, right? Dorsey is all about positional value and is fairly predictable when it comes to first rounders.

Barkley seems like he'll go #2 or #3 depending on if someone trades up for a QB.

Not necessarily. I've heard they might be looking to trade for Alex Smith so if that is the case then maybe QB isn't quite the big deal that it looks like right now.

And with the Broncos it all depends on what happens leading up to the draft. If they get a Vet QB they really like then OL seems like a logical place to go. If they can't land one of the top FA QB's though then have to think they will be forced to go QB early on.

Throw in now with information coming out that the Broncos coaching staff will get to coach Baker Mayfield at the Senior Bowl they could really fall in love with his game and decide that is their guy moving forward.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. I've heard they might be looking to trade for Alex Smith so if that is the case then maybe QB isn't quite the big deal that it looks like right now.

And with the Broncos it all depends on what happens leading up to the draft. If they get a Vet QB they really like then OL seems like a logical place to go. If they can't land one of the top FA QB's though then have to think they will be forced to go QB early on.

Throw in now with information coming out that the Broncos coaching staff will get to coach Baker Mayfield at the Senior Bowl they could really fall in love with his game and decide that is their guy moving forward.
If Dorsey liked Alex Smith so much then why did he trade 2 1sts for Mahomes after being rumored to be looking at Lynch the year before?

I'll believe that when I see it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of now, the non QBs in the top 10 are all on defense (except for Barkley). Now, I'm sure an OL will find himself there before April. They always do, it seems. But it looks like there will be quite a few with a 1st round grade, so maybe we trade down and get some value for the pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, the non QBs in the top 10 are all on defense (except for Barkley). Now, I'm sure an OL will find himself there before April. They always do, it seems. But it looks like there will be quite a few with a 1st round grade, so maybe we trade down and get some value for the pick.

I would disagree with this a bit. Connor Williams and Quenton Nelson are both thought to be top-10 pick worthy type players on the offensive side of the ball. Quenton Nelson especially is thought to be a special talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dorsey liked Alex Smith so much then why did he trade 2 1sts for Mahomes after being rumored to be looking at Lynch the year before?

I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm not saying he is going to trade huge draft capital for him. Just for such a young roster getting a veteran QB that he knows could be very appealing. He is also the one who traded for Alex Smith before wasn't he? Honestly he could do both because he has the draft capital to do so.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced that the Broncos will have the 5th pick. I could see Elway moving up to get his man or moving down to stockpile picks (probably if a vet QB is picked up in FA).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he is going to trade huge draft capital for him. Just for such a young roster getting a veteran QB that he knows could be very appealing. He is also the one who traded for Alex Smith before wasn't he? Honestly he could do both because he has the draft capital to do so.
Yeah, he traded for Alex Smith before and I don't think it will cost that much to get a QB for Smith's age. 4th or 5th rounder maybe? I'd imagine most people would value Smith around the fact that he probably won't have his 2017 performance happening again. I could be wrong.

I just don't think thats what he'll do. How can you be the Browns GM, say the old GM drafted the wrong guys, then come in and not draft a QB #1 after the old regime said that Wentz wasn't a top 20 QB prospect? He is boxed in. The Browns should be set on pass rushing prospects. It almost has to be a QB, imo.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One scout says he will be surprised if Allen goes in the top 10. Another says the guy calling the shots in Cleveland loves Josh Allen.

Let the fun begin.
Just like you cant teach speed . You cant teach what Allen has .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are saying the same thing. Where things are now is probably a long ways from where things will be 4 months from now. In the NFL everything is not set in stone until the ink hits the paper. So many dominoes to fall before the draft even comes around. We can talk about Mayfield right now but that conversation goes out the window say Cousins walks in the building. We still don't even know what QB's are going to declare yet as Darnold could get in the picture. There is talk of different QB's possibly being released like Eli and possibly Tannehil (although heard today that Gase said he is the starter heading into next season so probably not).

So yes plenty of fun ahead to try and figure out where things are going to go. What I meant about the Broncos being transparent is that while they might not tell other players what is going to happen, it just seems like a lot of information does leak out from their FO. Garrett Bolles was known as the pick for months. They seemed to get fixated on him and made no secret about it.

Yeah it never seemed to be that way until recently.

Someone in their organization does a terrible job about being professional and should probably not have a job. lol

I use to have a really good Raiders connection...

The year most people hadn't heard of Mike Mitchell and the Raiders took him in rd 2 I was in a group chat on AOL with fellow KFFLers discussing the draft. My Raider connect tipped me that the Raiders were going Mitchell. They came up on the clock and I said watch the Raiders will take Mike Mitchell... The fine folks were like WHO? What? He is my 108th ranked S, he isn't on such and such site, who are you talking about?

Raiders moved down a few spots and then boom it popped up CURRENT SELECTION MIKE MITCHELL.

I think they were stunned how I knew that one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold both declared today as expected.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Josh Rosen or Josh Allen we don't like?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ladies and gentlemen I get to go live out one of my big football dreams here in just a few weeks! Found out today I am media credentialed for the Senior Bowl in Alabama. Tickets have been bought so now just playing the waiting game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who you are I suppose, but I'd project the majority like Josh Rosen and don't like Josh Allen right now.

All depends what you are looking for in a QB. If you want the guy with the better tools and maybe higher upside because of the elite tools then Josh Allen is your guy. If you like the more pro ready types that are mechanically about as sound as can be then Josh Rosen is probably your guy.

Also depends some on personality types. Rosen is more your cocky I"m better than you type guy where Allen is more the likable by every one who comes in contact with him kind of guy. Both types have had successes and failures in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ladies and gentlemen I get to go live out one of my big football dreams here in just a few weeks! Found out today I am media credentialed for the Senior Bowl in Alabama. Tickets have been bought so now just playing the waiting game.

That is awesome- Have fun... When I worked for my last draft site we got media credentials for the SR bowl and the two others that worked on the site went...

I turned it down because my previous jobs vacation time sucked where I only got 10 days of vacation a year and I had to be very careful with how I used it and with January being so early in the year I passed 3 years in a row. I could apply and likely get it with the site I have been working with but I just haven't. Next year remind me when you apply and maybe we can meet up there... I've always wanted to go, but I've always turned it down. Nick you and I should plan on it next year. Nick can probably get credentials and if he can't he can use the extra one that I can get.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends what you are looking for in a QB. If you want the guy with the better tools and maybe higher upside because of the elite tools then Josh Allen is your guy. If you like the more pro ready types that are mechanically about as sound as can be then Josh Rosen is probably your guy.

Also depends some on personality types. Rosen is more your cocky I"m better than you type guy where Allen is more the likable by every one who comes in contact with him kind of guy. Both types have had successes and failures in the NFL.

100% agree, and these people thinking Josh Allen is garbage because of his numbers this year are overlooking the most important thing NFL scouts look for, which are NFL tools. Teams fall in love with tools and I am not referring to tools like @LGM ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is awesome- Have fun... When I worked for my last draft site we got media credentials for the SR bowl and the two others that worked on the site went...

I turned it down because my previous jobs vacation time sucked where I only got 10 days of vacation a year and I had to be very careful with how I used it and with January being so early in the year I passed 3 years in a row. I could apply and likely get it with the site I have been working with but I just haven't. Next year remind me when you apply and maybe we can meet up there... I've always wanted to go, but I've always turned it down. Nick you and I should plan on it next year. Nick can probably get credentials and if he can't he can use the extra one that I can get.

Figured no better year to go than when the Broncos have the 5th overall pick, possible QB they really like will be on their roster in Mayfield, and the Broncos have their coaching staff leading things. So thankfully my editor got things in motion and is helping me get down there.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a tape measure to Mayfield