• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"And So It Begins.." The LA Rams Have Arrived...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BarrenEvenDuck.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see them play? point differential doesn't tell the whole story, ESPECIALLY when you have someone like Dieter Brock at QB...

I was told by someone who did work for the Rams in LA that one of Georgia's main priorities at QB was that he was a good looking guy. That is why you had Brock, Ferragamo, B. Jones, etc playing QB. For the most part GQ type QBs who weren't that great. That may be total BS, but it sounds at least possible. What a shame that she was able to be the owner of that team when they won the SB & possibly because she offed her husband.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see them play? point differential doesn't tell the whole story, ESPECIALLY when you have someone like Dieter Brock at QB...
Apparently you weren't alive to see the Greatest Show on Turf. I'll call it like I see it, the Rams had some really awful teams in St Louis but they had 2 really good ones.

I have seen some highlight footage of that 85 season which gets showcased for a couple of reasons...usually the Bears and sometime Dickerson. 1984 was Dickerson's best year, though. The 80s teams had Dickerson as a workhorse and the GSOT teams had Faulk as a workhorse. Faulk's ability as a receiver was more valuable than Dickerson's running ability if you factor in that Faulk was getting 9.2-10.6 yards a catch during the GSOT teams. Faulk also had over 2,400 yards from scrimmage in 1999. Dickerson's first 2 seasons had 2,200+ and 85 was a blip where is numbers dipped but its fair to say that Faulk and Dickerson were probably roughly as good as each other in their prime. Once you establish that, its not hard to get to the conclusion that the GSOT team had more surround talent especially when they performed so much better and had a significantly better QB.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you weren't alive to see the Greatest Show on Turf. I'll call it like I see it, the Rams had some really awful teams in St Louis but they had 2 really good ones.

I have seen some highlight footage of that 85 season which gets showcased for a couple of reasons...usually the Bears and sometime Dickerson. 1984 was Dickerson's best year, though. The 80s teams had Dickerson as a workhorse and the GSOT teams had Faulk as a workhorse. Faulk's ability as a receiver was more valuable than Dickerson's running ability if you factor in that Faulk was getting 9.2-10.6 yards a catch during the GSOT teams. Faulk also had over 2,400 yards from scrimmage in 1999. Dickerson's first 2 seasons had 2,200+ and 85 was a blip where is numbers dipped but its fair to say that Faulk and Dickerson were probably roughly as good as each other in their prime. Once you establish that, its not hard to get to the conclusion that the GSOT team had more surround talent especially when they performed so much better and had a significantly better QB.

So your answer is no, you didn't see them play. Nuff' said. Like I said, everything isn't based on numbers when you're talking about a different team, different offense, different decade. Not saying the '99 Rams weren't great, they were...But since we lost in 2001, I'd say that team is no better than '85.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.But since we lost in 2001, I'd say that team is no better than '85.
The Eagles were probably the top D in 2001 and the Rams won 29-24 going to the Super Bowl. I know they weren't the 85 Bears at all but part of the 85 Bears mystique is the fact that teams like the Rams scored exactly 0 points. I have a hard time putting a team that got annihilated on a top teams list.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were probably the top D in 2001 and the Rams won 29-24 going to the Super Bowl. I know they weren't the 85 Bears at all but part of the 85 Bears mystique is the fact that teams like the Rams scored exactly 0 points. I have a hard time putting a team that got annihilated on a top teams list.

Yeah, I know what you mean, But remember we also DESTROYED Dallas the week before 20-0 where Dickerson had almost 250yds rushing. But yes, I do see what you're saying :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know what you mean, But remember we also DESTROYED Dallas the week before 20-0 where Dickerson had almost 250yds rushing. But yes, I do see what you're saying :suds:
Yeah. Its hard to put thing into context with teams like the 85 Bears. Buzzsaw is the right word. No one figured them out.

20 years from now Ill likely be arguing with LA fans that the 99' team would beat the 2028' super bowl team or something similar.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Its hard to put thing into context with teams like the 85 Bears. Buzzsaw is the right word. No one figured them out.

20 years from now Ill likely be arguing with LA fans that the 99' team would beat the 2028' super bowl team or something similar.

They really were that year. Let's also keep in mind, the week before beating us in the NFC championship, the Bears beat the hell out of a really good Giants team who the next year was a dominant SuperBowl Champion themsleves...F'in Bears lol