• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.. And Here I thought the Bulls had the worst front office ever.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Randle and like I said, I hope they can figure out a way to keep him.
If the Lakers strike out in FA, I don't see them signing anyone to deals longer than 1 year. They will want to save their cap space for 2019.

I think IT will sign for ~4 years in the offseason. (given hip issues -- don't take chances) Instead of something like $16M for 1 year -- I think he'd take $12M per year for 4.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Randle and like I said, I hope they can figure out a way to keep him.

If the Lakers strike out in FA, I don't see them signing anyone to deals longer than 1 year. They will want to save their cap space for 2019.
If they strike out - which is a distinct possibility - Then they would not need to waive Deng and could wait til next summer. The upside to that is then in 2019 - He would become an expiring contract which as you know would be an asset and opens up possibility.

Note: Even though In my opinion Lonzo Ball has not proven himself quite yet - I still believe he will and be a good player in the long run. That said, however the child is going to have to address the concerns that the Lakers brought up. The dad stated that if the Lakers did not sign the two losers, that Lonzo Ball would not resign. The Lakers have two years plus a team option on the last two years - The balls have a long ways to go before their threats become serious. The biggest question the front office has - is it worth the trouble. The good news is LB stated he his dad does a lot of talking as always and he just quietly listens - so that may have been his way of saying don't listen to his dad. When you're 19 years old, you're still afraid to challenge your parents in a serious way, but once he matures a bit, He hopefully will find his testicles and tell his dad to STFU

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think IT will sign for ~4 years in the offseason. (given hip issues -- don't take chances) Instead of something like $16M for 1 year -- I think he'd take $12M per year for 4.

You may be right. Might depend on what he's been told. If it's a degenerative thing, then he'd be smart to sign for as long term as he can.

If it's not degenerative, then signing a bigger deal for 1 year to earn a better deal might be the smart play.

Haven't heard one way or the other if it's degenerative or just a 1 time thing.