• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.. And Here I thought the Bulls had the worst front office ever.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs front office is worse.

. Piss away everything for dreams of the future, when there is no predicting the future. Lue was the real problem. Not the team

Thomas/Rose getting healthy, a new coach, Love returning, It was their last shot. Lebron is now good as gone. And Cavs have gone the way of the Bulls after that stupid front office let Thibs go and the core team which was 1 game away from going up 3-1 on the Cavs in the playoffs if not for Gasol's injury

And how do you "entice" Lebron to stay by bringing in 3-4 year players??

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

. Piss away everything for dreams of the future, when there is no predicting the future.

Thomas/Rose getting healthy, a new coach, Love returning, It was their last shot. Lebron is now good as gone. And Cavs have gone the way of the Bulls after that stupid front office let Thibs go and the core team which was 1 game away from going up 3-1 on the Cavs in the playoffs if not for Gasol's injury

They know Lebron is gone anyway, all this is.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I stopped reading when the op insinuated that rose was going to get healthy. They blew it when they traded Kyrie and Kyrie jumped ship at the right time. There’s nothing left in Cleveland but maybe another lost finals and then when Lebron leaves it’s mediocrity. The Cleveland front office has really shit the bed this year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the Cavs need some youth and energy on the floor. Watching some kids get after it might be what Lebron needs. Win a title? Probably not but Rose wasn't going to be a hustle guy DWade either.

If they coast then it is what it is

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure if Lue was the problem LeBron would have fired him already. I think the reason Lue has a job still is because he lets LeBron be LeBron and run the team and doesn't get in his way. Now, if LeBron returns to Cleveland next season and the Cavs don't win a title, he may have Lue fired to create a scapegoat as to why the Cavs didn't win a title. But for now I think LeBron likes having Lue as the coach.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By winning more games at a higher rate than you were with the rotting corpses of DWade and Rose, along with the under-producing IT and Jae.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with the Atlanta Hawks

4 years ago they were the top team in the east......and let 4 of 5 starters leave via FA. Didn't try to trade or resign any of them.

Now they're starting a team of backups, to the tune of the worst record in basketball. The only player they have worth anything is a shoot too much can't run an offense PG in Dennis Schroeder. Since they are dead last in the league, they should have had the ENTIRE roster on the trade block.

No star or potential superstars on the roster and you basically stand pat? They made a minor move but they clearly have no real plan to improve.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

. Piss away everything for dreams of the future, when there is no predicting the future. Lue was the real problem. Not the team

Good call...

illK6U.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I stopped reading when the op insinuated that rose was going to get healthy. They blew it when they traded Kyrie and Kyrie jumped ship at the right time. There’s nothing left in Cleveland but maybe another lost finals and then when Lebron leaves it’s mediocrity. The Cleveland front office has really shit the bed this year.

I think the front office has done as good as could with what they were working with, while keeping the Brooklyn pick. If Brooklyn keeps losing they could have a top 5 pick, maybe a top pick..whi knows. They are only a game out from having the worst record. There are about 8 teams in the running to get that top pick, including the Bulls.

The Bulls could very well be in the running as worst front office actually. All they have is Lavine, an injury prone player and Markkanen, they could be terrible for years to come.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it's Memphis by a landslide.

Sign Parsons to a huge contract when he's known to have injury history.
Fire Fizdale
Didn't trade Gasol, who's on the wrong side of 30 and still had some value.
Didn't trade Tyreke Evans who's probably going to walk in the off-season.
Haven't had a solid draft in a starter caliber player since 09.
No rebuild plan in sight.

Yikes. At least the Kings have a roster full of young talented players.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes -- no way they can now compete with Boston.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with the Atlanta Hawks

4 years ago they were the top team in the east......and let 4 of 5 starters leave via FA. Didn't try to trade or resign any of them.

Now they're starting a team of backups, to the tune of the worst record in basketball. The only player they have worth anything is a shoot too much can't run an offense PG in Dennis Schroeder. Since they are dead last in the league, they should have had the ENTIRE roster on the trade block.

No star or potential superstars on the roster and you basically stand pat? They made a minor move but they clearly have no real plan to improve.

Well they just started a front office revamp this past off-season with their new GM. So I'd say they're in year 1 of a full rebuild. The previous regime obviously didn't do much but Schlenk seems to be wanting to rid the Hawks of bad contracts. His real first test will be the draft though.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they just started a front office revamp this past off-season with their new GM. So I'd say they're in year 1 of a full rebuild. The previous regime obviously didn't do much but Schlenk seems to be wanting to rid the Hawks of bad contracts. His real first test will be the draft though.

Schlenk should have looked at his roster, and figured out first of all if he had ANY star players, any all stars or players with all star potential.

That's the baseline.

Once you know that, then you know what you have to build. Like I said......EVERYBODY on the roster should have been on the trading block. There isn't a single player you can build around on the roster.

Dump salary sure, but dump players that you can't build with either. I'm not seeing them make any moves that will improve them in any way.

We'll see what they do with this draft but I'm not impressed so far.......I thought the last regime was idiots to think Schroeder could replace Teague at PG, and not trade away all those older players before they got nothing for them, which is EXACTLY what happened.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schlenk should have looked at his roster, and figured out first of all if he had ANY star players, any all stars or players with all star potential.

That's the baseline.

Once you know that, then you know what you have to build. Like I said......EVERYBODY on the roster should have been on the trading block. There isn't a single player you can build around on the roster.

Dump salary sure, but dump players that you can't build with either. I'm not seeing them make any moves that will improve them in any way.

We'll see what they do with this draft but I'm not impressed so far.......I thought the last regime was idiots to think Schroeder could replace Teague at PG, and not trade away all those older players before they got nothing for them, which is EXACTLY what happened.

Yeah but trade value is also relative to the talent you have going out. Like you said the Hawks are really devoid of any substantial talent, so there's minimal movement that isn't just lateral at this point for them.

The Hawks, IMO, have two horrible contracts in Bazemore and Plumlee. Schroder actually is on a relatively friendly contract for a starting point guard. He's not great, but he's serviceable.

After that you have John Collins and Taurean Prince and a bunch of dead weight. The only way you trade a Plumlee is to attach Collins or Prince. I believe Schlenk's baseline was to not take on any more contracts. That's why you didn't Ersan or Belinelli traded at the deadline.

Again, you can't just say I'm going to trade everyone, because you have to find someone willing to take them without getting worse. The Hawks look like they determined they couldn't move anyone without shedding dead weight or taking any more on. Sometimes doing nothing is the right move.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the front office has done as good as could with what they were working with, while keeping the Brooklyn pick. If Brooklyn keeps losing they could have a top 5 pick, maybe a top pick..whi knows. They are only a game out from having the worst record. There are about 8 teams in the running to get that top pick, including the Bulls.

The Bulls could very well be in the running as worst front office actually. All they have is Lavine, an injury prone player and Markkanen, they could be terrible for years to come.
Never said the bulls weren’t. Cleveland just got lucky with Lebron coming back. Without Lebron being so attached to Cleveland, the Cavs never win a title. Your front office did nothing to win that title. Absolutely nothing. God won you that title for deciding Lebron would grow up in Akron.

And great, maybe your front office can turn that pick into another deadly Anthony Bennett type player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They just got Vonleh for cap space essentially, which is a solid move IMO, and got Willie Reed for Jameer. Kris Dunn has improved with PT this year. Currently in position for a solid lottery pick (and within shouting distance of #1 overall). Gotta tear down to build back up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interestingly, a couple of weeks ago, I'd have agreed.

However, the Cavs pulled off a trade that seems to have energized the team and more importantly, seems to have energized Lebron.

Considering the fact that they are completely capped out and that they were able to do this without giving up that Brooklyn pick...I'd say what they did was pretty damn impressive.

I hate the Cavs as much as anyone...but I have to be honest about what I see and I see an FO that did a helluva job despite having very little to work with.

Obviously, we are talking about a span of 4 games, which is a small sample size and things could go south quickly. But, as of now, I can't agree that the Cavs have the worst FO.