• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And BOOM goes the dynamite...

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is not really a joke. It is the group of top research institutions in North America.[/url]

it is a COMPLETE joke. the only reason anyone even HEARD about it was because of ESPN's freakish ability to blow things completely out of proportion. if it was truly a big deal, it would have gotten air time, instead it got a few articles on a few websites, nothing more. no one cares about the AAU

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing that the current president of the AAU Robert Berdahl was also president of University of Texas 1993 to 1997 and Larry Faulkner chairman of the committee that recommended ousting Nebraska was president of UT 1998 - 2006 it seems pretty interesting that Nebraska was good enough for membership until the same year they decided to leave the B12.

Just Saying

Last edited by a moderator:

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually HuskerInSecLand, our former Big 12 mates including Rober Berdahl voted to keep Nebraska in. Our future Big Ten homies did not support and voted us the fuck out.

No UT conspiracy on that one.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a link if you have one. I thought the vote was a closed vote.

There are so many things surrounding this that are fishy though. I am not saying it was a Texas conspiracy, that was a vote.
The committee vote I know was 9-1, who the dissenting vote was I don't know. The member vote required 42 to oust us and received 44. This was on April 26th though when the voting was closed. All ballots were supposed to be postmarked by April 18th and to be received by the 21st but any and all ballots received up to the 26th were allowed "to allow as many members to vote as possible"

When Perlman asked what the vote was on the 21st they would not tell him.

You're right though. It is not that Texas conspired but there was a conspiracy. Georgia Tech was admitted last year and many of the membership complained of the growing number so one in one out.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research universities group ends UNL's membership

FTFA: "Perlman said most of the 11 other Big Ten universities supported UNL's efforts to remain in the AAU, as did all of the Big 12 universities in the AAU."

We have h8ers already in the B1G. They be too good for us. If we had unanimous B1G support, UNL would have remained. That's an unfortunate fact. There are more in depth pieces on this but it's a waste of my time to search for them. History.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research universities group ends UNL's membership

FTFA: "Perlman said most of the 11 other Big Ten universities supported UNL's efforts to remain in the AAU, as did all of the Big 12 universities in the AAU."

We have h8ers already in the B1G. They be too good for us. If we had unanimous B1G support, UNL would have remained. That's an unfortunate fact. There are more in depth pieces on this but it's a waste of my time to search for them. History.

Thanks,

I really was only stirring shit with my OP but I was referring to the AAU's connection with UT not the schools vote. I do believe though it was a vote to control the number of schools that are members and we were at the bottom.

Either way though you are right it is history. We are in the B1G and out of the AAU and nothing will be effected long term. But if this happened before we were accepted in to the B1G we would still be sucking Texas hind tit.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My co-worker an Auburn fan...he says both Oklahoma's are next for SEC along with Florida State and/or maybe Va Tech.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Okie Lite would have more people to discuss equestrian with. Besides, getting OU is prolly worth taking the Cowboys to the SEC. Like you said the other day...they be attached at the hip.

I'm with you though, Delaney should deliver Va Tech before SEC gets their hooks in.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not rly sure if getting OU is worth taking little Okie in that conference of poor academics. We'll see tho..

Id love to see ND and VT join the Big Ten, but its unlikely

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's hard to say but if the SEC is determined superconferences are going to happen, they will.

Texas is scared shitless about the OU and Ok State to SEC thing. I would be too if I were them. A lot of their fans are clamoring to hurry up and "join a conference" ...many times referencing the B1G and PAC.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Not Want.

images

Agreed.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although the aTm rumors are running all over the place and things could get real interesting real quick... there are a lot of contracts and commitments with the puppet masters that will most likely squash a lot of these hypothetical moves from happening.

Just saying, I am not privy to the aTm deal but all the other speculation about other teams going elsewhere is fruitless... until such a time when the dominoes start falling.

Last night I got on here and LOL'ed at all the for sure things that is supposed to happen... Not saying things won't happen but if there are sources releasing data to posters.. I suspect these sources are not those that I would want at my University.

Interesting reading though... and some of it I would love to see happen... But I can’t see Texas joining the Big Ten... unless ND does first... and even then, ESPN would have much to say with the massive investment they put into the LHN.

Just saying... But I am not that well connected...

th_spit-1.gif