• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, credit to the Patriots AND criticism to the Falcons is deserved. NE made the plays, they deserve all the credit. On the other hand, at the time of the strip sack, I doubt NE would have had the TIME to make those plays, had Atlanta taken a knee the rest of the game, let alone run the football

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, credit to the Patriots AND criticism to the Falcons is deserved. NE made the plays, they deserve all the credit. On the other hand, at the time of the strip sack, I doubt NE would have had the TIME to make those plays, had Atlanta taken a knee the rest of the game, let alone run the football
Exactly. It's pretty simple. One team did what they had to and the other team didn't. To claim it was all Atl choking or all NE being clutch shows a lack of understanding on how sports works. It's both.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Atlanta was above criticism, but waaay too many think that's the story of this game.
Team sport and all it takes is a brain fart here or there on a player or coach to contribute to the outcome, but no way in hell can anyone convince me that's the story line

Staubach's last game played at Texas Stadium, redskins had a role but it wasn't the story.

Clint Longley...Thanksgiving game, skins had a role there too but the story was Longley.

In todays world, people much rather make the story be a screw up rather than admire the clutch required.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Atlanta was above criticism, but waaay too many think that's the story of this game.
Team sport and all it takes is a brain fart here or there on a player or coach to contribute to the outcome, but no way in hell can anyone convince me that's the story line

Staubach's last game played at Texas Stadium, redskins had a role but it wasn't the story.

Clint Longley...Thanksgiving game, skins had a role there too but the story was Longley.

In todays world, people much rather make the story be a screw up rather than admire the clutch required.

Tom Brady is great. Belicheck is great. Probably the two best ever at their respective jobs. With that being said, in 10 yrs. though when I think about that game - I will remember it for Atlantas choke job. Kind of like the Bills comeback vs the Oilers. People remembering that game probably think Jim Kelley and Thurman Thomas were vital parts in the comeback and remember Houston for pissing it away. Many probably don't remember Reich and Kenneth Davis leading that charge. Just my opinion

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe it's my dislike for Brady and Belicheck that makes me see it that way.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Dallas Cowboys Opponents
HOME: NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, LA Rams, Seattle, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Green Bay
AWAY: NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, San Francisco, Denver, Oakland, Atlanta

Damn....those home games are gonnabesome doozies. We get two "patsies" and both are at home.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ON NE and Atlanta
I hate hate hate BRADY & Belichick but I damn sure respect the ability they have. No more no less they are the champs but it don't mean I have to like that they won.
I will tip my cap in respect for winning because that's how I was taught to do it for teams that win whether your rooting against them or even if you dislike them they still won the game.

JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins board remains a great read on all things Cousins.
So funny they point their fingers at Cowboy fans.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins board remains a great read on all things Cousins.
So funny they point their fingers at Cowboy fans.
I'm hoping they resign him, so that all the guys that were over there saying Cousins wasn't worth the money and needed to be traded for picks can come back here in the fall and make claims that Cousins is better than Brady. Oh, and Repturd checking in to say Dak was a one hit wonder. And the beat goes on for the stepkids in Washington...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they resign him, so that all the guys that were over there saying Cousins wasn't worth the money and needed to be traded for picks can come back here in the fall and make claims that Cousins is better than Brady. Oh, and Repturd checking in to say Dak was a one hit wonder. And the beat goes on for the stepkids in Washington...
Best part is all the years they laughed at what Romo was being paid without playoff success.

oh....and I couldn't care less what reptec has to say. He remains football clueless, and a 100% shock value attention seeking troll

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean would never do that? Would he?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was one of ours I guarantee a skid or two would be here making sure we knew.
Trent Murphy 4 game suspension for PEDs
Sources: Redskins' Murphy banned 4 games

I just left there, they only have like 3-4 comments on it so far. There is generally a reason why a guy has a career year and he got popped. I would expect he gets popped again

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just left there, they only have like 3-4 comments on it so far. There is generally a reason why a guy has a career year and he got popped. I would expect he gets popped again
I was about to post the same thing LOL. They are like, dang, coming off a career year and he gets suspended....Ya think?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas remains the benchmark for all things Washington. Washington fans have always pointed fingers at anything negative thrown Dallas's way and make excuses when the same negative applies to Washington. It's why redskin fans opinions remain the best read on the hoop.

Hypocritical?....all day long and twice on Sunday

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe it's my dislike for Brady and Belicheck that makes me see it that way.
Give them credit... 5 Super Bowls in just over a decade is an impressive feat.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the circus continues, queue the clown show

Redskins Entertaining New Options At General Manager, Scot McCloughan’s Future In Question
Nate Bouda 30 mins ago Redskins 0 Comments

Update:

John Keim of ESPN, citing multiple sources, reports that GM Scot McCloughan is no longer involved in the Redskins’ decision-making process and his future with the organization remains in question.

A source with intimate knowledge of McCloughan’s situation tells Keim that his agent, Peter Schaffer, was met with the Redskins on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

———

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, citing league sources and people who have been in contact with the Redskins’ front office, reports that the team’s brass has been entertaining new options at general manager for quite some time.

La Canfora adds that the Redskins have had internal discussions about the next GM and have essentially have begun the process of replacing GM Scot McCloughan.

La Canfora mentions that former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik has already surfaced as a potential candidate for the job, given that he previously worked with Bruce Allen. However, La Canfora isn’t sure that they will go with Dominik and wonders if Alex Santos could be someone they consider.

Several sources have told La Canfora that McCloughan is not in rehab and has not been in rehab during the time he’s been away from the team.

Liz Clarke and Mike Jones of the Washington Post reported yesterday that McCloughan is not at the Redskins’ facility for the start of negotiations with free agents.

Redskins VP of communications Tony Wyllie was asked about McCloughan’s absence today but responded by saying: “We’re busy with free agency.

This comes after McCloughan wasn’t with the team at the Scouting Combine. The team said he was attending to a death in the family and would return to the team at some point, but these are two of the most important events for someone in his position.

Rumors have been circulating that McCloughan is done in Washington and it’s just a matter of time before he’s fired and situations like this do little to dispell this notion.

McCloughan, 45, began his executive career with the Packers as a regional scout back in in 1994. He later took over as the Seahawks director of college scouting in 2000 before being hired as the 49ers VP of player personnel in 2005.

San Francisco promoted McCloughan to GM in 2008, but he lasted just two years in the position before the two parties mutually agreed to part ways. It was later revealed that McCloughan had been dealing with personal issues with alcoholism.

McCloughan returned to Seattle and spent three years with the Seahawks before the Redskins hired him as GM in 2015.

Since taking over the Redskins, McCloughan’s team has produced a record of 17-14-1, which includes one playoff appearance.

We’ll have more regarding McCloughan as the news is available.