• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so bad over on Skids board they seem to have moved the Smack talk thread lmao

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so bad over on Skids board they seem to have moved the Smack talk thread lmao

gotta love it
couldn't happen to a more deserving franchise
I'll bet Kush will have ZERO Tolerance for those who talk smack outside of the smack thread even though they burried it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA's are still signing w the Skins even in this giant clusterfuck?

The Redskins just fired their general manager on the first day of free agency

It's kind of odd timing
The question of who’s in charge of the Redskins front office finally has an answer, and it’s not general manager Scot McCloughan, because he has been fired.

In a statement, the team announced McCloughan has been relieved of his duties. The move comes after a chaotic month where the Redskins refused to answer any questions pertaining to McCloughan’s status with the team.

McCloughan’s future with the Redskins took a turn for the worse in February when he was reportedly asked not to attend the NFL combine . McCloughan was also kept out of the decison-making process as the team prepared to put together its plans for free agency, which began Thursday.

According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, that left team president Bruce Allen in charge . Allen released the statement about McCloughan’s firing.

“The Washington Redskins have released Scot McCloughan from the organization effective immediately,” Allen said. “We wish him success in his future endeavors. The team will have no further comment on his departure. The organization remains confident in our personnel department as we execute our free agency plans as well as prepare for the upcoming NFL Draft.”

When McCloughan disappeared from the public eye in February, former Redskins tight end Chris Cooley went on a radio station owned by Redskins owner Dan Snyder and theorized that McCloughan’s very public alcohol issues might have resurfaced.

A team source told the Washington Post that McCloughan’s alcohol problems were definitely an issue for the team.

“He’s had multiple relapses due to alcohol,” the anonymous team official said. “He showed up in the locker room drunk on multiple occasions. ... This has been a disaster for 18 months.”

McClougan’s agent, Peter Schaffer, recently told Pro Football Talk that his client’s month-long absence had nothing to do with alcohol abuse.

The Post reached out to six players who all said they never felt there was a point where McCloughan wasn’t able to do his job. One Post reporter even claimed that the team used McClougan’s alcohol issues as an excuse to fire him.

According to La Canfora, the team has spent the past month looking for possible candidates to fill McClougan’s role as general manager.

McCloughan was hired by the Redskins in January 2015 and immediately helped construct a team that put together back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since 1996-97.

The firing of McCloughan adds more drama to to the Redskins’ soap opera this offseason. Besides McCloughan missing the combine, the team is also dealing with the Kirk Cousins situation . Also, Washington lost its two top receivers in free agency, with Pierre Garcon heading to San Francisco and DeSean Jackson joining the Buccaneers.

As for McCloughan, the Post reported that this is the third time he has lost a job over alcohol issues. The scouting guru also worked for the 49ers and Seahawks.

During five seasons in San Francisco (2005-09), including two as general manager, McCloughan was responsible for draft classes that included Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis and Michael Crabtree.

In Seattle, McCloughan helped Seahawks general manager John Schneider find key talent like quarterback Russell Wilson and cornerback Richard Sherman in the draft. McCloughan and Schneider interviewed Wilson at the Senior Bowl for over two hours in 2012.

McCloughan left San Francisco after the 2009 season for the same reason he left Seattle in 2014, to tend to a private matter, which reportedly had to do with alcohol abuse.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the Radio driving back to Dallas that Cousins asked Snyder to trade him and Snyder said hell no just for spite we are keeping you
if true little Danny is back in the redskins clown car with the doors locked a full tank of gas and a whole lot of crazy coming down the mountain

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCloughan left San Francisco after the 2009 season for the same reason he left Seattle in 2014, to tend to a private matter, which reportedly had to do with alcohol abuse.
We crucify the players for the same thing, so gotta say it's his own fault. If you drink to the point where it affects your ability to do your job over and over again, you need to be accountable and do something about it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the Radio driving back to Dallas that Cousins asked Snyder to trade him and Snyder said hell no just for spite we are keeping you
if true little Danny is back in the redskins clown car with the doors locked a full tank of gas and a whole lot of crazy coming down the mountain
All the years posting at ESPN and here you get to know folks and their stated opinions on football. All the shit redskin fans have spewed over the years about Tony's paycheck, his inability to play well when the games counted most, Jerry, the greatness of Scott, AND Snyder staying in the background and letting the football folks make the football decisions make this week a priceless read on the skins board. I can't stop laughing. Clown car is the reversal these guys now post and it couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good to keep the resident trolls away for a few weeks at least...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6M for Pryor was a great signing for Wash. I know he was useless before this past year but he was dominant in spurts. I think he is a better player than both D Jax and Garcon. I'm surprised he signed for this if reported accurately.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6M for Pryor was a great signing for Wash. I know he was useless before this past year but he was dominant in spurts. I think he is a better player than both D Jax and Garcon. I'm surprised he signed for this if reported accurately.

He got $8M

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got $8M
I guess you can call it what you want. It's $6M until he makes the other $2M unless the incentives are easy to hit. Devil is in the details I guess. A little better but still a very good signing IMO

Pryor inks one-year, $6M deal with Redskins
6757.jpg

Redskins signed WR Terrelle Pryor, formerly of the Browns, to a one-year, $6 million contract.

Things aren't going great in Washington, but this is a good signing for an offense which has lost a lot of receiving talent. Pryor's market wasn't nearly as hot as anticipated, so he's settling for a one-year, prove-it deal. He can make another $2 million in incentives. Pryor and Josh Doctson -- assuming Doctson is healthy -- give Washington a dynamic pair of outside receivers while Jordan Reed and Jamison Crowder are dangerous weapons inside. As long as Kirk Cousins sticks around, Washington's offense should continue to hum. Pryor will undoubtedly be looking for a monster year in his prove-it situation, and Washington has the target opportunity to make that happen, although there are many mouths to feed when everyone is healthy. Still, Pryor has high-end WR2 upside.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty testy over on the skins board

Pryor is still learning to be a WR IMO and he could be a very good 1 when he gets it figured out

Redskins are imploding but if cousins stays the offense could be really good at wr position

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty testy over on the skins board

Pryor is still learning to be a WR IMO and he could be a very good 1 when he gets it figured out

Redskins are imploding but if cousins stays the offense could be really good at wr position
I agree, but did you watch him a lot this year? If he gets even better, look out. I think he can be a much better red zone target than their other guys.
But, he did seem like he got a lot of targets too, which I guess may go down.