• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameer, Kenny, Randy NFL Combine links

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Randy should bulk up. Maybe get to 245, but keep that speed.

Ted Hendricks did quite well for his size, 6' 7" 220 lbs, because he used his length very, very well.

I disagree with the assessment they have of Gregory not doing every play. Usually, Gregory was the guy that was running down the running backs after they got past the line and the LBs didn't get him.

Randy can cover just about every running back and every tight end. His heighth is going to be a major problem when teams try to pass. He can intercept passes and he can get to the end zone with his speed.

I agree with you on the OLB and letting him fly around the field.

LOL you're dating yourself HIB10

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could seem him falling, but i kinda doubt out of the 1st round. I mean, he's a top 10 talent, I'd think plenty of teams lower in the first round could use his ability to improve their defense.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the NFL age of supposed concussion/head injury awareness, potheads brainstorm is he will blame his problem on a psychological issue rather than just admit "gasp!" a ganj addiction. Well played

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ex-roommate was a chain weed smoker. From the moment he woke up until the moment he went to sleep. I wouldn't doubt if he smoked in his sleep too.

Anyways, he quit 3 weeks before an interview for a job and they tested him and he was fine.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could seem him falling, but i kinda doubt out of the 1st round. I mean, he's a top 10 talent, I'd think plenty of teams lower in the first round could use his ability to improve their defense.

My roundabout way of referring to Alfonzo Dennard, a concensus 2rd round pick, punched a cop, drafted in the 7th round. Won a Super Bowl ring.

You do dumb things before the draft, you plummet.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Gregory is in for many drug tests if he makes it in the NFL. They will watch him like the doper he is. He could have been fine if he could have quit before the combine and testing - dumbass. The worst part is that the news reported he had a problem with that at Nebraska. So that might explain his erratic play last season. I wonder if Carl was his dealer?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure, you won't hear him talk about being worthy of the Number One pick now.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is Randy is a drug addict.He should go to prison.

Hey how's come the NBA doesn't have a ploblem with any of there athletes and weed hummm? That's a mystery

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is Randy is a drug addict.He should go to prison.

Hey how's come the NBA doesn't have a ploblem with any of there athletes and weed hummm? That's a mystery

Allen Iverson used to smoke up in the locker room before the games.

That's why I bought his shoes when I played in High School. Cuz he was fuckin cool.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is surprised and that's why he won't fall far. I could tell from pictures the dude is usually Franco Eye'd.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ex-roommate was a chain weed smoker. From the moment he woke up until the moment he went to sleep. I wouldn't doubt if he smoked in his sleep too.

Anyways, he quit 3 weeks before an interview for a job and they tested him and he was fine.

Craziest story I've heard is from my brother-in-law.

He was working for a company here in town (approx. 150 employees) who'd leased out a local major hotel for it's company Christmas party. They'd leased the banquet room and hotel rooms for all the employees.

Apparently errbody got drank and a lot of the rooms got trashed. The following day the company gave piss tests to all the employees. My brother-in-law had smoked weed at the party, but had not smoked for a long time (months) before that night. The test came back negative for THC metabolites. The reason is because the TCH metabolites from one night of smoking weed weren't enough to overcome the machines threshold. That is how they can identify you as a regular user.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe it's 2015 and we're still having a conversation about whether or not weed should be legal.

Errrbody loves that shit

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this

why does anyone care. If he can make tackles for your team then it really shouldn't matter what he does in his personal life.
A bigger part of it is the fact that he knows the NFL cares, and knew he would be tested, but still showed up dirty. There are MANY jobs that require drug testing, and "It should be legal anyways" or "What I do in my personal life is of no concern to my employer" won't cut it. The issue is bigger than the fact that he smokes weed. That in and of itself isn't a big deal. What is the big deal is that he's not committed enough to NOT smoke weed even though he knows that the NFL tests for it at the combine.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not pretend like living a pothead lifestyle doesn't make you more lazy and laid back.

I've done it before. Don't try ta tell me any different now.

Football has no place for being lazy, and I saw Randy get lazy 50% of the time he was on the field. Pretty much whenever he chose to play, he played.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bigger part of it is the fact that he knows the NFL cares, and knew he would be tested, but still showed up dirty. There are MANY jobs that require drug testing, and "It should be legal anyways" or "What I do in my personal life is of no concern to my employer" won't cut it. The issue is bigger than the fact that he smokes weed. That in and of itself isn't a big deal. What is the big deal is that he's not committed enough to NOT smoke weed even though he knows that the NFL tests for it at the combine.

i get that but lets not pretend like being an NFL player is "just like any other day job"…i mean don't get me wrong he shoulda known to cut it out when he knew a test was coming. Im just saying if I'm an owner, if you go out and get me 10 sacks and 70 tackles each season, you can smoke an lunch a day and i don't care.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get that but lets not pretend like being an NFL player is "just like any other day job"…i mean don't get me wrong he shoulda known to cut it out when he knew a test was coming. Im just saying if I'm an owner, if you go out and get me 10 sacks and 70 tackles each season, you can smoke an lunch a day and i don't care.
And that's how it typically is in the NFL. For the most part they don't test for marijuana unless they are given a reason to. The exception to that is that everyone is tested at the combine, and everyone knows about it. And if you're an owner, you don't want to waste a draft pick on someone who is gonna be suspended for 8 games a year (Josh Gordon), because if that's the case they sure as hell won't be getting 10 sacks and 70 tackles per season.