• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameer, Kenny, Randy NFL Combine links

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory 40 yard dash time

Unofficial

10 yard split 1.62

40 yard dash 4.64

I think Gregory draft status is falling.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing spectacular about any of the three, but solid performances all around

RG4 is underweight and kinda weak, but he's a freak on the field and will be fine somewhere in the NFLel

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJ Dubose from Louisville just blew his hamstring on the dash. His combine is done

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory Impressive 2nd run

10 yard split 1.60

40 yard dash 4.57

His weight is something like 230 where most of these other guys are 260 plus.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially, Dante Fowler(Florida) looked good after the 40 yard dash, but in these last two balance drills, he lost his balance in both of them.

Since he goes two spots before Gregory I watch him. Gregory never lost his balance.

For players I don't know much about, Kyle Emanuel from North Dakota State has impressed me.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched Gregory's group. one of the commentators said. at 235 and the way he moves, Gregory looks like a DB. I think some team is going to get a hell of player if they utilize him properly. playing at OLB and letting him move around and play in space.

it's possible after a few years he can bulk up to the 260, but it won't be immediately.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Randy should bulk up. Maybe get to 245, but keep that speed.

Ted Hendricks did quite well for his size, 6' 7" 220 lbs, because he used his length very, very well.

I disagree with the assessment they have of Gregory not doing every play. Usually, Gregory was the guy that was running down the running backs after they got past the line and the LBs didn't get him.

Randy can cover just about every running back and every tight end. His heighth is going to be a major problem when teams try to pass. He can intercept passes and he can get to the end zone with his speed.

I agree with you on the OLB and letting him fly around the field.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, reading the article he then says this, "I hadn't smoked since December, but my THC levels were so high."

Doing internet search.....

THC is stored in fat cells. As the body uses fat cells, the THC is released.
Heavy users, (4 – 7 times per week) have a higher baseline of the metabolite in their cells, which may require 30-90 days to be totally released.

Assuming he stopped on December 31, that means 31 days in January and 21 days in February = 52 days to detoxify.

We have established that he smoked 4-7 times per week back in December. For how many weeks? Just who is selling to the football team? Having at least 52 days of THC in your system tells me you are a heavy user. If he is going to stick to that story, NFL teams will think he is a heavy user.

Doing exercise causes the body to need energy, which is stored in the fat cells, which is where the THC is living. What are you doing for the NFL Combine and at the NFL Combine? Exercising.

And college athlete-students need money? If an athlete-student has enough money to buy drugs as a heavy user, I don't really think athlete-students need more money.

Moral of the story, if you are trying to make it rich in the NFL, don't do stupid things. He might have just lowered his draft status to the 7th round.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the December story.

"May require 30-90 days to be released" The window of days is established by body fat. A thin person would be at the 30 days and an obese person at the 90 days.

Gregory is a toned athlete who has trouble retaining weight. As HIB10 pointed out he's also active in exercise (or should be).

The important words in that statement are "To be totally released". The machines that measure metabolites (which are a by-product) of THC are not set at a zero baseline. They have a lower threshold built in. That is to prevent someone from saying they were at a concert where people were smoking and that it was second hand smoke. Sure there would be some metabolites if the smoke were heavy, but not enough to break the threshold.
He was either using heavily well into January/early February or he'd smoked in the couple of weeks prior to the urinalysis.

I knew someone on probation who would smoke once a week that passed his monthly urinalysis.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't see how you can fail 2 drug tests and not call that a problem? he acts so casually about it and that seems like a huge red flag to me. as you guys are pointing out, it's not like he stopped back after the failed drug tests and he even admits to smoking in December.

bigger problem to me and I know this thread is about the draft, but what about the rest of the team. I mean, I'd assume our young D-line looked up to Gregory and if they saw him smoking, they were/are probably doing some too. now I have no clue if the mj can affect your game, but it just doesn't seem like something you should do because it mellows you out, not makes you aggressive like football players usually are.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people still care if people smoke weed or not

I don't care if Gregory smokes weed or not, but the NFL does and Randy Gregory should if he wants to work for them.
Everybody knows you're going to be piss tested at the combine. Gregory's agent knows and likely told him to stay away from the weed until after if he wanted the contract dreams are made of. His agent's got to be livid.

Less money for Gregory = Less money for his agent.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not have my Huskers smoking on the daily. I'm not gonna lie.

I am all for legalizing weed and I would probably partake in the action myself......but I don't like the idea of having a squad of stoners.

I could always tell Randy smoked the shit out of it. He was high in some of his press conferences.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo always boasted about having a group of guys who never did wrong and how it's because he was so strict.

You think he didn't know Randy was smokin grass? :rolleyes:

I blame Bo.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how fuckin' stupid do you have to be to smoke before the biggest drug test of your life?

At least his draft stock will fall and he won't go to a shit team. Might have saved him from the worst possible outcome: Being drafted by the Jags.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • You in here for some marijuana? Marijuana!? Boo this man!
  • What a Dumas lol

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah he's full of shit about not smoking since December. I speak from personal experience. Parents used to test me when I was a wee one.