• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who thinks we could live without Kam?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!!! Keep Kam.... he's the enforcer that scares offensive players ... You saw his impact first hand in the Super Bowl... Ask Vernon Davis about Kam...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is expected to keep going up for the next few years and I don't think it's gonna be in small increments. Schneider and Carroll haven't been afraid to make the tough decisions and they zig when everyone thinks they're gonna zag. Obviously they can't pay everybody they'd like to keep, but as long as they can keep finding good replacements for those guys for cheap, they'll be able to afford to keep the guys they feel they need to keep without putting themselves in cap hell.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch and Kam Chancellor both elevated their games after signing big contracts. Let's hope that trend continues with all our recent big signings!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in another thread but I'm not sure how much I like re-signing Kam Chancellor.

First let me start off by saying he's a good strong safety, he's big, good against the run and average in coverage (You can only be so good in coverage at his size).

But I really don't think he's worth $6m a year. I say this because I feel like strong safety is not a difficult position to fill and having a downgrade at strong safety is not that huge of a deal. This is also big because with the money Darrelle Revis is getting ($16m a year) that sets the bar for what Richard Sherman is going to get.

If Dashon Goldson gets ~8.5ish per year wouldn't that mean Earl Thomas would get at least $9m?

If Richard Sherman gets $15m (He believes he's better than Revis so this is a conservative estimate), Kam Chancellor is getting $6m and Earl Thomas gets $9m that is a total of $30m locked in defensive backs.

NFL cap is $123m. Am I the only person who is worried by this? In a perfect world we can pay every player on the roster what they deserve, but sadly we have 53 players to pay and not everyone can get a big contract. I just think among the players looking to get paid, Kam Chancellor was one of the more replaceable ones.

:shocked: dude is like watching Sean Taylor Jr....send em our way... Worth every penny y'all paid him, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam was easily our best defensive player throughout the playoffs. At the time when he signed the extension I thought the contract was about right for what Kam brought to the table for us.

Now looking back at the deal it's a bargain especially considering that the cap will continue to increase over the next couple of years combined with the fact that Kam has taken that next step in improving his coverage skills.

I also love that Kam is not one of those stubborn safeties who refuse to alter his game to the rule changes. Kam has found the perfect way to demolish opposing receivers and running backs and still do it with good tackling form and legal shoulder positioning.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this at over at Field Gulls.

Kam Chancellor evolved during playoffs and looks ready to take off to the next level - Field Gulls

"During the playoffs, Chancellor led all safeties (source: ProFootballFocus) in interceptions (2) and passes defensed (3) and tackles (21) and assisted tackles (8) and stops (10) and throwing in his direction was extremely stupid (passer rating of 26.0) but Drew Brees did it seven times, and Colin Kaepernick did it six times, and Peyton Manning did it seven times, and none of them were even close to successful when they did."

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
live with out Kam? nah. The team did not look at all the same with Kam not out there.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how things can change isn't it? When this thread was created we all knew Kam was talented, but I don't think any of us realized that he was capable of the performance he put on in the playoffs last year. I agree completely with lethal, his contract is a gigantic bargain. If Kam's contract had run out this year instead of last, I would have felt that it was every bit as important for the Seahawks to extend him as it was for Thomas and Sherman.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the first post in this thread, "Average in coverage" stands out to me after seeing that play he makes on Welker, I think it was, in the SB. I'm not gonna try to find the exact play right now, but I can see it in my brain. It was a Zone defense and Peyton completes a pass to the left numbers area and you can see in the frame where you'd never expect your team's SS to close against a guy like Welker in that scenario but he absolutely does. Kam makes an absolutely unbelievable play in that coverage and I can't help but rewind it every time it plays when I watch the game (which is often)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the first post in this thread, "Average in coverage" stands out to me after seeing that play he makes on Welker, I think it was, in the SB. I'm not gonna try to find the exact play right now, but I can see it in my brain. It was a Zone defense and Peyton completes a pass to the left numbers area and you can see in the frame where you'd never expect your team's SS to close against a guy like Welker in that scenario but he absolutely does. Kam makes an absolutely unbelievable play in that coverage and I can't help but rewind it every time it plays when I watch the game (which is often)

I love the SoundFX version of the Superbowl where you can hear Pete Carroll saying "Oh my, I think Kam just killed a guy."

That's what Kam brings to this defense. Pure toughness in the secondary.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the SoundFX version of the Superbowl where you can hear Pete Carroll saying "Oh my, I think Kam just killed a guy."

That's what Kam brings to this defense. Pure toughness in the secondary.

I think he said murdered and that is even better. Just stalked him, and murdered him.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know exactly the play you're talking about and it was a thing of beauty. I always rewind and watch that one a few times when I watch the game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks were able to fit Kam in on a reasonable deal and it looks as if everything has turned out well, I can happily say I was wrong as I like Kam a lot as a player. Surprised someone found this thread from so long ago.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks were able to fit Kam in on a reasonable deal and it looks as if everything has turned out well, I can happily say I was wrong as I like Kam a lot as a player. Surprised someone found this thread from so long ago.

I did due to boredom and not much going on. Every thing did work out great.