• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so cheating/breaking rules is okay as long as it doesn't decide the outcome of a game

very interesting perspective

Then Pete Rose should be in the HOF and all the juicers should too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would understand if the game was close at all, but it was 45-7. I think the deflated footballs is not a good excuse for the loss. If it was so deflated, it would have been noticed by the defense when picking up the foootball from an incomplete pass or something, or referee, or some NFL official. But the Colts only scored 7 points. What is their offense's excuse for scoring only 7 points?

BUT TOM BRADY WEARS UGGS!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care, all teams must play by the rules

Zero proof that the Pats broke the rules here. There's more proof that the NFL doesn't follow their own rules (picking up flags) than anything.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the colts defender reported today he noticed nothing by the way. the colts front office requested the ball from the staff on the field . It was falsely reported that the player noticed it, reported first by a colts writer.

can u see where this is heading?

I know when I played football, I noticed the difference in air pressures in footballs. I played center and defensive line. I noticed the differences in the air pressure. I liked the older, worn out ones. Easier to snap the ball. I also hated the more inflated ones.

I never ran into something similar in a game, but I would have noticed something different in the football and I would have mentioned something to a coach about it. I mentioned anything I found that could have been illegal. I was never one to talk to referees.

My defensive player comment wasn't saying they noticed the next day, but reported it to the referees during the game. If refs weren't going to listen to him, then coach would go after referees. etc.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Pete Rose should be in the HOF and all the juicers should too.

And the Panthers SB players who admitted to juicing before the game.

And the refs who admitted to handing a SB to the Steelers.

And the refs who pick up flags.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what actually happened but I think the Patriots and Belichick in particular can be as tricky as they want within the rules and still win and they should do that.

But the cries over the sanctity of the game are overblown and hypocritical.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very convenient for cheaters.

Both teams players and coaches from SB have had scandals , juicing or cheating . Lets not be hypocrites and point fingers, I wont against any Seahawk player or team. Some posters are setting it up so that if Seattle loses, "at least we are nor cheaters" Give it a break please. respect each others teams and talk about upcoming game like WH,SCID ,Logical etc to name a few

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you hadn't made up your mind Cesaro?

The person who started this thread is saying it's perfectly fine to give leeway with the PSI rule. If so, then it should be okay for any team to do it anytime they want.

I did indeed make up my mind that I'm against all teams being allowed to bend rules whenever they want, yeah.

If Brady and Belichik and the entire NE organization truly had nothing to do with it, then they have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The person who started this thread is saying it's perfectly fine to give leeway with the PSI rule. If so, then it should be okay for any team to do it anytime they want.

I did indeed make up my mind that I'm against all teams being allowed to bend rules whenever they want, yeah.

If Brady and Belichik and the entire NE organization truly had nothing to do with it, then they have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Yes, I did say that. But that is taking out of context.

You left out my comparison to holding. It happens every single play. OL know they are holding. Defenders know they are being held. Referees know they hold every play. Coaches know it happens. We all know holding happens every play. So, should there be a flag for holding on every play? It is against the rules to hold.

They call holding when it is blatantly obvious or when it determines the outcome of the play. But, obviously you guys want flags thrown every single play, because holding happens every single play.

Obviously, the air pressure wasn't too obvious if the referees that handle the balls each play didn't know the difference.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams players and coaches from SB have had scandals , juicing or cheating . Lets not be hypocrites and point fingers, I wont against any Seahawk player or team. Some posters are setting it up so that if Seattle loses, "at least we are nor cheaters" Give it a break please. respect each others teams and talk about upcoming game like WH,SCID ,Logical etc to name a few

The first part of your post has nothing to do with me. I've never defended any cheating by any team, including my own.

As for the part I underlined, with all of this scrutiny (as if there weren't enough already), I highly doubt NE will have an opportunity to bend or break rules, and if Seattle does, I'd be really mad. Whoever wins will be have earned it, and if we lose, I'll go after any of my fellow fans who pull the "at least we aren't cheaters" thing because it's silly.

NE and Seattle fans have always been pretty cordial with each other.

In this thread, I responded to somebody who said that it's fine to break rules as long as it doesn't change the outcome of a contest. I disagree with that, and continue to do so. Sorry.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the air pressure wasn't too obvious if the referees that handle the balls each play didn't know the difference.

so as long as it's not too obvious and it doesn't change the outcome of the game, it's fine to disregard rules.

i understand what you're saying, but don't agree.

leaving this thread before I get branded a hater for saying things people don't like.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first part of your post has nothing to do with me. I've never defended any cheating by any team, including my own.

As for the part I underlined, with all of this scrutiny (as if there weren't enough already), I highly doubt NE will have an opportunity to bend or break rules, and if Seattle does, I'd be really mad. Whoever wins will be have earned it, and if we lose, I'll go after any of my fellow fans who pull the "at least we aren't cheaters" thing because it's silly.

In this thread, I responded to somebody who said that it's fine to break rules as long as it doesn't change the outcome of a contest. I disagree with that, and continue to do so. Sorry.

And is blatantly obvious. Don't forget that part of what I was saying too.

And I said it depends on the rule as well. I would like to see a higher percentage of pass interference penalties flagged than holding calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would understand if the game was close at all, but it was 45-7. I think the deflated footballs is not a good excuse for the loss. If it was so deflated, it would have been noticed by the defense when picking up the foootball from an incomplete pass or something, or referee, or some NFL official. But the Colts only scored 7 points. What is their offense's excuse for scoring only 7 points?

Yeah, honestly I don't care. I might if fans and the media weren't so selective with their outrage, but they are, so fuck everyone. Keep on cheating, New England. The history books won't come with an asterisk, no matter how much the wimps of the world, whine. Do what you do, big guys.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Patriots are guilty.. I hope they are not. All teams in any sport must play by the rules or the sport becomes corrupted. Like Baseball

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you - in principle.
But - how many times does a second baseman actually step on second during a double play?
The rule is he has to touch second base but they ignore this on the field.....