• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Allen at work

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, you would rather hope he is released, risk him going to say a division rival.... all to hang onto a 5th round draft pick that will likely be a wash out any way?? The point in using draft picks is to get talented players. Gordon for a 5th and having him for the next two seasons... worth the price of the ticket

Absolutely Shark as I said he is a REPEATED OFFENDER. I do not believe the Browns will get any offers for him. Any sensible team will not risk losing draft picks for him. The most conservative option is force the Browns to release him. Then sign him to a 1 yr prove it deal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely Shark as I said he is a REPEATED OFFENDER. I do not believe the Browns will get any offers for him. Any sensible team will not risk losing draft picks for him. The most conservative option is force the Browns to release him. Then sign him to a 1 yr prove it deal.

And i will ask again, is holding onto a 5-7th round pick worth the chance that he signs with Dallas or Philly?? We have a couple of repeat offenders on our squad already... Trent Williams being one of them. I get it you would rather hold the draft pick. But I seriously think if we could get him for a 5th, its well worth the investment as i do think he will be reinstated. And I fully expect the guys we draft in the 5-7th round to end up on the practice squad or not making roster if history stands to task.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i will ask again, is holding onto a 5-7th round pick worth the chance that he signs with Dallas or Philly?? We have a couple of repeat offenders on our squad already... Trent Williams being one of them. I get it you would rather hold the draft pick. But I seriously think if we could get him for a 5th, its well worth the investment as i do think he will be reinstated. And I fully expect the guys we draft in the 5-7th round to end up on the practice squad or not making roster if history stands to task.

I do agree we should trade for him but it needs to be a 2018 pick just in case

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree we should trade for him but it needs to be a 2018 pick just in case

I would offer them a fifth for Gordon and their 7th as every one seems more concerned with us losing a draft pick over what he could bring.

And if its a 2018 pick, my guess would be they would want more than a 5th.. and people would complain about that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every move should be individual. We should sign JG if it helps the team regardless of QB.

Of course we should give up a fifth for him. His rights for 2 years at a very low salary say absolutely. From there we control the next two years after that as well with the tag. So we would be paying 2 million for 2 years of the best WR in football. At worst we are out a fifth round pick which probably would have 0 impact. It is well worth the gamble.

Or we wait until FA and pay him 8 million for a 1 year prove it deal.

Only one option makes sense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every move should be individual. We should sign JG if it helps the team regardless of QB.

Of course we should give up a fifth for him. His rights for 2 years at a very low salary say absolutely. From there we control the next two years after that as well with the tag. So we would be paying 2 million for 2 years of the best WR in football. At worst we are out a fifth round pick which probably would have 0 impact. It is well worth the gamble.

Or we wait until FA and pay him 8 million for a 1 year prove it deal.

Only one option makes sense.

HOLY shit, some one mark this.... Gkekoa and I agree. :lol:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually jump at something like this, I'd offer one of those extra 7th rounders and thats it.
Tanard Jackson 2.0 has proven he can't be trusted and likely will be a bad influence on the already young locker room on offense. I want to believe a change of scenery is all he needs but this is the type of guy that will burn the team at the worst time.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old was Tanard when he was still an idiot. JG is only 25. Getting his rights, IF he has learned his lesson could result in far more than a mere 5th could provide.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look guys it's simple , give up this years 5th rounder band have TW watch over him .bring in johnny football to hang out with him . Ricky Williams can counsel him while blasting some Marley

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like the Browns are either going to keep him if reinstated, or they are just trying to drum up trade interest for his rights.

Sashi: Browns 'not in position' to dump Josh Gordon

Are the Browns willing to part ways with eternally suspended wideout Josh Gordon?

It doesn't sound like it.

"We're not in a position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel like he's settled himself," Browns executive VP of football operations Sashi Brown said Tuesday at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix, per the Akron Beacon Journal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson on the said on the radio in Cleveland they are moving on from Joshua Gordon