• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

all star voting

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
And I don't think anyone said any process is a joke. I said people will bitch about any process used.

I think the process is a joke.

Allowing people to vote as many times as they want in ANY contest is a dumb idea.
Having one dedicated person (or script) offsetting thousands of individual voters rather negates the whole idea of having a lot of people give a shit about voting at all. I used to vote every year, but don't any more, largely because of this.

the ida of fans voting at all, while a noble concept, is pretty flawed as well.
99%* of people will simply vote for their hometown heroes.
are the league's most deserving suppose to somehow rise to the surface through the remaining 1% of votes?

*arbitrary, for illustrative purposes.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are the league's most deserving suppose to somehow rise to the surface through the remaining 1% of votes?

Actually, using the same system that devises NHL attendance figures, it's more like 104.3%.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the process is a joke.

Allowing people to vote as many times as they want in ANY contest is a dumb idea.
Having one dedicated person (or script) offsetting thousands of individual voters rather negates the whole idea of having a lot of people give a shit about voting at all. I used to vote every year, but don't any more, largely because of this.

the ida of fans voting at all, while a noble concept, is pretty flawed as well.

But did you say the process was a joke? Huh... huh? You might have I don't know.

Regardless... I agree allowing people to vote as many times as they want makes for a weaker voting process. There are certainly ways to fix this but that's where my "it's just 6 spots on an All Star Game roster" thoughts come into my mind and I move on from the thoughts.

And I agree about the noble concept. I said earlier there will never be a time where fan voting brings out the most deserving players. That's why I like a little dab of fan voting but not too much. Keep them happy and involved but don't let them have too much of a say.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree about the noble concept. I said earlier there will never be a time where fan voting brings out the most deserving players. That's why I like a little dab of fan voting but not too much. Keep them happy and involved but don't let them have too much of a say.

Hahaha - that's what I think - so were you just playing New Jersey hockey team-advocate before?

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha - that's what I think - so were you just playing New Jersey hockey team-advocate before?

Hmmm what do you mean? I've said through the entire thread that letting fans vote for any 6 players they want is fine.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did you say the process was a joke? Huh... huh? You might have I don't know.

Regardless... I agree allowing people to vote as many times as they want makes for a weaker voting process. There are certainly ways to fix this but that's where my "it's just 6 spots on an All Star Game roster" thoughts come into my mind and I move on from the thoughts.

yah ... it just doesnt matter (to me) ... i didnt vote ... didnt care ... didnt seek out a ballot ... not a fanboy ... the players on the team i cheer for will end up getting selected if they are indeed allstar calibre ... its actually an improvement this year because its only 6 spots ... prior years it would have been 12 spots

probably wont even watch the game - highlights yes ... OH NO better get back on the OP's point

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant speak for other teams, but now that Elias is going and no longer struggeling I think he'd be a good rep. Hes doing what he does every year but like almost ever year hes underrated. Team isnt doing jack, but that on just him.