• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

all star voting

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the fucking math. If a city like NY stuffs the ballots with 11 million people how can cities like Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Ottawa match that?

Now Crosby obviously deserves to be in but if they didn't have him I am damn sure their fans would bitch about it too.

Fan voting sucks !!!

I see your point Boss. I think the on-line voting hurts smaller teams more. It seemed to be fairer when it was only people at the games voting as the numbers were closer.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the fucking math. If a city like NY stuffs the ballots with 11 million people how can cities like Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Ottawa match that?

Now Crosby obviously deserves to be in but if they didn't have him I am damn sure their fans would bitch about it too.

Fan voting sucks !!!

Fans pick 6 players. If cities like NY and LA stuff the box Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Keith and Letang probably still make the team.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they're only voting for six spots. That kind of negates it, doesn't it? It's not like undeserving players got voted into the All-Star game. Players who either would be in or would be on the fringe got voted in. The rest of the team will be selected by "people who know what they're doing."

What? Where were you when the game was is Montreal? Even the promos for voting on TV say "Vote for you're player and vote often" Sorry that's not how it should be done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Where were you when the game was is Montreal? Even the promos for voting on TV say "Vote for you're player and vote often" Sorry that's not how it should be done.

I mean this year. What year did that Montreal thing happen? I was born in 1989, gained real consciousness of my reality in 1994, and started following hockey in 1998. But I've never followed the All-Star game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note: the reason, for the Pens at least, this group got in was due to text voting. The Pens fan base is VERY young in comparison to many others, and having the option to simply text a players last name to the NHL gives the younger fan base an 'advantage' on voting.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the OP really kept people guessing by not naming players. The disclaimer made it real respectful too.

I thought it was respectful that the OP made the disclaimer, certainly more so than your avatar.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was respectful that the OP made the disclaimer, certainly more so than your avatar.

Triple_Antibiotic_Ointment_USP.jpg

For the burnnnnn. :P

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL How is a guy being happy that his team's fan-favorite goalie somehow made an AS team in any way disrespectful?

Unless the word "bitch" upsets you? In which case sorry I guess? I'll change it to something a little more PG.

EDIT: Unless you're speaking of Fleury's facial hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its worse that the fans pick 6 instead of 12 now, looking at the people who got voted in the normal east coast sports biased is in full effect, even if the 4 are from the Pens and some people count Illinois as an eastern state for what ever reason.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not to the fans but the player that has it in their contract for a bonus cares. JMO.

i thought entry level and over 35 players are the only players who can have this type of performance bonus

and I could swear when I looked it up in the past that the types of performance bonuses are specifically spelled out and its playing or being selected to an all star game (nothing about being voted to an all star game by fans - and btw who woudl want that clause in there anyways - ok maybe Rory Fitzpatrick)

you would think if youre an all star calibre player based on your performance for the year and you dont get voted in by fans ... youll get your bonus when the coaches/players pick the rest of the team

I dont think any player is going bonus hungry because they didnt get voted to a team by the fans

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the word "bitch" upsets you? In which case sorry I guess? I'll change it to something a little more PG.

You put whatever word you want. You were the one referencing the OP's biases, not me. Turnabout is fair play.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the cursing eloco. I've been watching too much Boudreau on HBO. Didn't mean to offend you in anyway.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the cursing eloco. I've been watching too much Boudreau on HBO. Didn't mean to offend you in anyway.

You didn't fucking offend me at all, bitch! ;) I don't mind cursing one bit.

Besides, your original avatar is one of my faves!

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put whatever word you want. You were the one referencing the OP's biases, not me. Turnabout is fair play.

You said it was a very respectful OP. I found that funny considering the the first sentence is about how he hates something.

Still don't get how a goaltender pic as an avatar is in anyway disrespectful???

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't care in that sense. It's not like Varly or Neuvy deserve to be there. Hell, i don't think there's a single Capital that deserves to be in the Top 6 this year.

That was for your burn on Honus. I mean, there's plenty there, but I don't see where you were burnt!