• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All ACC Team announced:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Hosley definitely has better stats than Minnifield.

Do any of you actually look for the comparing stats before talking crap?
Hosley played significantly less than Minnifield yet they had the same stats. Are those 1.5 sacks suppose to make Minnifields stats look better than Hosley? And you showed TD, why not int return yards? They have very identical stats. Regardless, i just wanted to know what these voters are basing their picks on? Draft stock, conference games, the names they've heard of, or their actual ability and the season they had.

Don't get too caught up; some of the morons that vote don't even watch half the games. They look at the box score and tabulate stats like the rest of us do, it's just they get paid to do it and their opinions are used to formulate the awards.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get too caught up; some of the morons that vote don't even watch half the games. They look at the box score and tabulate stats like the rest of us do, it's just they get paid to do it and their opinions are used to formulate the awards.

thats what i was thinking. thanks

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what i was thinking. thanks

Yeah man. Jones should go second or third round come April. He probably didn't get pub because UNC was knocked out of the Coastal race so early. Even though Wake stumbled to a 6-6 record, they were in the hunt for the Atlantic until week 11 which probably helped Givens get the first team nod over Jones. Teams should be scared of Watkins seeing as he's only a freshman and doesn't just run fast; dude can go up and get jump balls too.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renfree is a solid QB and would excel with more playmakers,

Playmakers like a 2nd team all conference WR and an Honorable Mention TE?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Off topic, but I didn't want to start another thread.

Any thoughts on who Beamer will nominate for the Dudley Award? I think I remember him preferring to nominate senior leaders.

I'd nominate DeChristopher. He's been our most consistent guy.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course someone that has recored a sack looks better than someone who hasn't. Why wouldn't it?

Because 1.5 sacks compared to 0 sacks is like one DE getting an interception and another not; it's almost irrelevant. If a voter actually comes and out says that that's the reason he voted for minniefield over hosley, they should lose their right to vote. Hosley also had two forced fumbles...

At the end of the day, these honors are a load of crap. Everyone who follows the Hokies knows that Fuller had a better season than Hosley.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it does, but you make it seem like Hosley hasnt had the better stats even though he has. The stats you listed prove my points. One player had a touchdown and 1.5 sacks. The other had more tackles, equal the other things you listed, and just as many INT return yards, in fewer games. I dont see how you can argue that Minnifield had any better statistics than Hosley. It all looks the same to me. But i dont care about that, do you know the criteria the voters use when picking their teams?

Please re-read post #52 where I clearly said that Hosley and Minnifield's stats were practically identical. I'm not saying that Minnifield had the better season. I saying that Minnifield probably got the nod due to being a senior.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playmakers like a 2nd team all conference WR and an Honorable Mention TE?

To an extent, yes. I probably shouldn't have said playmakers. Duke does in fact have a few of those. They need a better OL to allow for the playmakers to make their plays.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please re-read post #52 where I clearly said that Hosley and Minnifield's stats were practically identical. I'm not saying that Minnifield had the better season. I saying that Minnifield probably got the nod due to being a senior.

I would say (even as a VT homer) that Hosley was where he should have been as a 2nd teamer (or maybe even a HM). Really that may have been a bit of a gift considering some of the other DB's in the ACC. There is no doubting his talent and upside but he has been VERY inconsistent this year. Kyle Fuller has been the best of the VT secondary this year, bar none..

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say (even as a VT homer) that Hosley was where he should have been as a 2nd teamer (or maybe even a HM). Really that may have been a bit of a gift considering some of the other DB's in the ACC. There is no doubting his talent and upside but he has been VERY inconsistent this year. Kyle Fuller has been the best of the VT secondary this year, bar none..

Fuller should have gotten the nod over Hosley and Minnifield.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller had a better season than both Hosley and Minnifield, stats aside. I actually asked David Teal about this and he agreed. However, he doesn't have the name recognition and also played other positions this season.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller play 3 different positions? CB, Nickel Back, Whip?