• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All ACC Team announced:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't believe no one from FSU was 1st team All ACC on their defense. They were tops in scoring defense, total defense, rush defense, and pass defense. They had only two on 2nd team as well. We finished 2nd in all of those categories other than pass (5th). So the top two defenses in the league had no first teamers and six second teamers? FSU and VT must be lacking talent compared to the rest of the league. :burt:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Off topic, but I didn't want to start another thread.

Any thoughts on who Beamer will nominate for the Dudley Award? I think I remember him preferring to nominate senior leaders.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any thoughts on who Beamer will nominate for the Dudley Award? I think I remember him preferring to nominate senior leaders.

Wow, that is a great question. You're right, he usually does nominate a senior. That said, I don't see how he couldn't nominate Wilson this year, especially after being a unanimous first-team All-ACC pick.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder who UVa will nominate? Chase Minnifield's mouth?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe no one from FSU was 1st team All ACC on their defense. They were tops in scoring defense, total defense, rush defense, and pass defense. They had only two on 2nd team as well. We finished 2nd in all of those categories other than pass (5th). So the top two defenses in the league had no first teamers and six second teamers? FSU and VT must be lacking talent compared to the rest of the league. :burt:

I would like to know what they base their stats on. Because Kevin Reddick wasnt honorable mention, but Zach Brown was a first teamer. Zach Brown is super fast, but i think Reddick is a better player. Hosley has better stats than Chase Minnifield. Are they voting for the players with good stats, or who play better, who the players that they have heard of?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT- Danny Coale
UVa-Perry Jones

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosley has better stats than Chase Minnifield.

Chase Minnifield- 3 INT, 1 TD, 50 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 8 pass breakups, 11 pass deflections

Jayron Hosley- 3 INT, 56 tackles, 8 pass breakups, 11 pass deflections

Yes, Hosley definitely has better stats than Minnifield.

Do any of you actually look for the comparing stats before talking shit?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chases 3 INTs came off of Sean Renfree, Tevon Washington, and Brian Reader (Idaho QB). :hand:

And Jayron played two less games. Practically three since he was only in for one series vs WF.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Minnifield- 3 INT, 1 TD, 50 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 8 pass breakups, 11 pass deflections

Jayron Hosley- 3 INT, 56 tackles, 8 pass breakups, 11 pass deflections

Do any of you actually look for the comparing stats before talking shit?

I watched Minnifield get dominated by our 3rd maybe even 4th best receiver. That and Jayron played in less games makes it obvious.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chases 3 INTs came off of Sean Renfree, Tevon Washington, and Brian Reader (Idaho QB). :hand:

And Jayron played two less games. Practically three since he was only in for one series vs WF.

Since when has it ever mattered what QB the INT was thrown by? Oh yeah, never. Renfree is a solid QB and would excel with more playmakers, the others not so much. Take your O&M glasses off for just a second, and you will see that Hosley's stats are not better than Minnifields. They are practically identical. Minnifield probably got the nod due to being a senior.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Minnifield get dominated by our 3rd maybe even 4th best receiver. That and Jayron played in less games makes it obvious.

Again, one game does not take away from an otherwise solid season. Jayron did play in 1 less game, but who's fault is that? It certainly isn't the voters or Minnifield's.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats aside, I thought Jayron had a very average season this year. Injury certainly played into that. Just curious to know where he would be projected to go in the draft. I think he'd be better suited to stay another year.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again, one game does not take away from an otherwise solid season. Jayron did play in 1 less game, but who's fault is that? It certainly isn't the voters or Minnifield's.

Jayron left in the first quarter against Wake, missed BC, and was played sparingly against Duke and still put up numbers as good as Minnifield, which is pretty sad because Hosley did not have a great year.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats aside, I thought Jayron had a very average season this year. Injury certainly played into that. Just curious to know where he would be projected to go in the draft. I think he'd be better suited to stay another year.

He is graded as an 86 right now by Scouts Inc. Bottom of the top 32 grade out at 88 so likely 2-3 round. DW is an 83 also.

Jayron did have a pretty average season and injuries slowed him. When he was healthy he was playing good.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron left in the first quarter against Wake, missed BC, and was played sparingly against Duke and still put up numbers as good as Minnifield, which is pretty sad because Hosley did not have a great year.

Stats are hard to compare for DB's though. Maybe the opposing QB targeted the receiver that Hosley was covering more than the same for Minnifield. We can sit here and bitch and moan all yall want to, but it's not going to change the vote.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do any of you actually look for the comparing stats before talking crap?
Hosley played significantly less than Minnifield yet they had the same stats. Are those 1.5 sacks suppose to make Minnifields stats look better than Hosley? And you showed TD, why not int return yards? They have very identical stats. Regardless, i just wanted to know what these voters are basing their picks on? Draft stock, conference games, the names they've heard of, or their actual ability and the season they had.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do any of you actually look for the comparing stats before talking crap?
Hosley played significantly less than Minnifield yet they had the same stats. Are those 1.5 sacks suppose to make Minnifields stats look better than Hosley? And you showed TD, why not int return yards? They have very identical stats. Regardless, i just wanted to know what these voters are basing their picks on? Draft stock, conference games, the names they've heard of, or their actual ability and the season they had.

Of course someone that has recored a sack looks better than someone who hasn't. Why wouldn't it?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course someone that has recored a sack looks better than someone who hasn't. Why wouldn't it?

Of course it does, but you make it seem like Hosley hasnt had the better stats even though he has. The stats you listed prove my points. One player had a touchdown and 1.5 sacks. The other had more tackles, equal the other things you listed, and just as many INT return yards, in fewer games. I dont see how you can argue that Minnifield had any better statistics than Hosley. It all looks the same to me. But i dont care about that, do you know the criteria the voters use when picking their teams?