• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All ACC Team announced:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech and Clemson Dominate All-ACC Football Teams - The Official Athletic Site of the Atlantic Coast Conference

Hokies on:

First Team:

Blake DeChristopher (also won blocker of year earlier this week)
David Wilson

Second team:

Jaymes Brooks
Logan Thomas
Eddie Whitley
Jayron Hosley
Kyle Fuller
James Gayle

Honorable Mention:
Grge Nosal
Antone Exum
J.R. Collins
Cody Journell
Bruce Taylor

(only beef I have is no Derrick Hopkins, he has been a beast all season, and i think some of our second team guys should have been first team (Thomas, Fuller)

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosley gets in there by reputation. Agree on Fuller, easily could make a case for 1st team honors.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Clemson offensive lineman deserves to be on this list.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed neither Boykin or Coale even got honorable mention in their senior years.

Boyd gets first team despite throwing 7 picks over their last 4 games where they went 1-3 is what puzzles me. Maybe people submitted their ballots halfway through the year?

At least David Wilson was unanimous.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Congrats to all, especially our Hokies. Some well deserved honors for their hard work this year.

Judging solely by their unanimous first team selections, I'd guess the Players of the Year will be David Wilson and Luke Kuechly.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Disappointed neither Boykin or Coale even got honorable mention in their senior years.

Boyd gets first team despite throwing 7 picks over their last 4 games where they went 1-3 is what puzzles me. Maybe people submitted their ballots halfway through the year?

Yeah im disappointed by that also. :(

Is there some kind of award given to "utility" players? If so, Coale needs to be on that list.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boyd's stats are still far and away better than anyone else; the ballots are supposed to encompass the entire season, not a quarter.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Dwight Jones was robbed.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get a kick out of it when Bud Foster's defense gets so little first team love. It doesn't really matter that ,uch. We have had a lot of partial seasons this year. I think Fuller is a first team player and maybe even Exum, but whatever.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dwight tore it up, and is flat out better than both of them.

Looks like the ACC media has already put UNCheat on probation for post-season accolades...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i bet he doesnt think its a compliment, why should I?

Prob not as upset as you may think, hell man its an honor (i.e. award) im sure he's proud.

FTR: Givens had more yards and Sammy Watkins is possibly the most exciting player in the league.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a huge issue aside from Hopkins and Fuller. An under appreciated amount of good talent in the ACC and with how polarizing many of the teams are, interesting decisions are bound to be made.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a huge issue aside from Hopkins and Fuller. An under appreciated amount of good talent in the ACC and with how polarizing many of the teams are, interesting decisions are bound to be made.

That's one of the reasons the league has been at the top of the draft rankings year and year out.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No worries. Just gives LT that much more motivation this week.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prob not as upset as you may think, hell man its an honor (i.e. award) im sure he's proud.

FTR: Givens had more yards and Sammy Watkins is possibly the most exciting player in the league.

They both have much more competent QBs and a spread offense. Its easier for them to get ball and get stats. Renner is pathetic, and runs a pro style offense. I dont see why he would be happy with being behind Sammy Watkins and Chris Givens when he knows he is the better player. Dwight isnt as fast as Sammy Watkins, but i would much rather watch a player makes the plays Dwight does, then run by players like Sammy Watkins.

skip to like 3:20 -- Dwight Jones Clemson Week Interview - Rivals.com Video