• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith traded to Skins

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not happy losing Fuller either. I’m a VT homer, I love the guy.

But for all intents and purposes, we should get at least the 3rd round pick we gave up, so that’s a wash. It was a straight up trade, Smith for Fuller. And as much as I like KF, a QB is more important than a CB.

It isn’t a wash. If KC left, as we all expected, we would have gotten a third rounder. We would still have our third rounder. It is not a wash.

QB is more important than CB. A below average QB for the best slot corner in football is dumb as hell.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t a wash. If KC left, as we all expected, we would have gotten a third rounder. We would still have our third rounder. It is not a wash.

QB is more important than CB. A below average QB for the best slot corner in football is dumb as hell.

I will also point out the flawed logic of some that well getting the 3rd round comp pick back in 2019 basically makes it a wash.

The 3rd round comp pick a year from now will be at best the 96th pick in the draft in 2019. We gave up the 77th pick in this years draft.

So a full year and 19 draft slots (or more) difference can not really be considered a wash. And this also assumes the Redskins wont do enough in free agency to offset the compensatory pick and thus make it less than a 3rd rounder.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith is not a below average QB, some of the stat whores should be in agreement. If Smith is below average, then so is KC.

And along those lines, what you are saying about the pick is true. But if gaining a 3rd rounder (for KC) and keeping a CB with ONE really good year and a injury history is worth rolling Colt or another scrub out there vs. having a solid few years with Smith while developing the next guy...then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is not a below average QB, some of the stat whores should be in agreement. If Smith is below average, then so is KC.

And along those lines, what you are saying about the pick is true. But if gaining a 3rd rounder (for KC) and keeping a CB with ONE really good year and a injury history is worth rolling Colt or another scrub out there vs. having a solid few years with Smith while developing the next guy...then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Smith is a below average QB, as evidenced by him continually being beat out and shipped off by the likes of Shaun Hill, CK, and now Pat Mahomes. He had a good year last season, statistically the first of his career. Let’s not pretend last season was the norm for AS who beat his previous best by 500 yards and that he did it alone with the leading rusher in the league.

Fuller had one good year, the best of any slot corner in the NFL, in his second season because returning from a collegiate injury slowed him down year 1. Yes...we would have been better off trotting out McCoy, who I have continually said is a scrub, and having the rookie (whom we don’t have yet) learn from him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth did we include him in that trade? That portion of the trade will haunt us. We could have had Norman and Fuller as our starting CBs. We basically filled one hole and created another. We better hit this FA period and draft out of the park.
the things is we wont have free agency if we tag and trade KC . all the good ones will potentially be gone before that dumb as thought gets worked out

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we could have a solid year with most any of the other qbs on the market . we didnt need to trade for smith to get that .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could have a solid year with most any of the other qbs on the market . we didnt need to trade for smith to get that .

We needed to make a splash to get into the headlines. Winning off the field

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a below average QB, as evidenced by him continually being beat out and shipped off by the likes of Shaun Hill, CK, and now Pat Mahomes. He had a good year last season, statistically the first of his career. Let’s not pretend last season was the norm for AS who beat his previous best by 500 yards and that he did it alone with the leading rusher in the league.

Fuller had one good year, the best of any slot corner in the NFL, in his second season because returning from a collegiate injury slowed him down year 1. Yes...we would have been better off trotting out McCoy, who I have continually said is a scrub, and having the rookie (whom we don’t have yet) learn from him.

Well isn't that just a crock of shit. He was able to beat out Super Bowl MVP QB Nick Foles though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz likes the 2nd coming of steve deberg