• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith traded to Skins

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you cant put lipstick on this one. The only positive on this is we know the Cousins drama is over. I have to agree with @ehb5 that this move does not make us better. Reid rarely gives up on a QB if he still has something left to give the team.

I will place captain optimism when the team gives me something to be optimistic about.

I will say this.. the only positive I see in this is that we MIGHT not draft Lamar Jackson now.... but honestly I think Bruce has one or two more brilliant moves in him this year as he is just getting warmed up.

I absolutely hate the trade, but I will say this.

Reid giving up on Smith was more about Maholmes than it was about Smith. Maholmes is going to be very good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and as YOU know, Smith wasn't my choice either. Beyond that, let me simply say that if the point of this is, we have a thoroughbred Jackass making moves and BTW; dumb ass trades, let's also recall that I wanted him (Allen) gone as far back as 2011-2012.

Yeah, how the hell does he still have a job?

I have to think he has some serious blackmail material on Snyder. It is the only reasonable explanation.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet it was one of the biggest reasons for keeping Kirk in place. To make light of that point now is disingenuous. (Not talking about you necessarily, but for those on which the shoe fits)

Ehh. Like you said that doesn't really apply to me. Stabilitys never really been my concern.

But rooting for stability with Kirk doesn't mean you should be happy with stability with smith.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh. Like you said that doesn't really apply to me. Stabilitys never really been my concern.

But rooting for stability with Kirk doesn't mean you should be happy with stability with smith.

I know, right?....I guess that could work if folks don't consider the fact that he worked for Mutt and Jeff. Right now I'll take stability in whatever skin it comes in, because we could go back to guys like this:

upload_2018-2-4_13-4-27.jpeg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of some earth shattering moves, some existing players stepping up BIG, and some luck in this division, you’d be hard pressed to find many others with the same optimism as you had going into 2018.

Now...you keep saying that we have 5 other FA QBs to choose from. Still curious who these QBs are and of those available...who would be a better option??? You ignored my statement yesterday. And you are making a lot of assumptions that this guy or that guy will be available when that’s just pure speculation. I’ll wait on your answer....

go to the thread i have already given you , read up on it and get informed , plus i have mentioned them above

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go to the thread i have already given you , read up on it and get informed , plus i have mentioned them above

I remember the thread, and I was in agreement with you about Bridgewater being the top option...because of his ceiling.

Thing is, there is no guarantee at this point that Bridgewater will be available. He could still be retained by the Vikes.

McCarron, a higher ceiling, higher bust potential guy will likely be available, but at what cost? Will draft capital be needed for his services? He has done nothing...zilch.

Who else? Maybe Keenum and/or Bradford? No thanks. Bortles?? Probably not available.

Listen, I’m not ecstatic over this move. And I’m not arguing that a better option MIGHT be available come FA Time, but there is no guarantee that it will. There is just as good a chance that we end up letting KC walk and end up with Colt( or some other scrub) starting for a year and a draft pick that will most likely not be ready to play for awhile. How would some of you folks feel about that?? I think I already know and the FO knows as well. Would be pitchforks and torches outside Redskins Park.

So...I stand by my argument that this was the safest move for this franchise to make to preserve what we have started to build until we get a LONG term solution at QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can go 7-9 with any of those qbs . Just don’t sell me the trade was our only option . It wasn’t , not even close

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can go 7-9 with any of those qbs . Just don’t sell me the trade was our only option . It wasn’t , not even close

With our current team, in order of getting us wins this coming season, the best QBs we could get follow in order:

Kirk Cousins
AJ McCarron
Sam Bradford (if he didn’t break)
Case Keenum
Alex Smith/Teddy Bridgewater

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We lost a good player

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We lost a good player

Why on earth did we include him in that trade? That portion of the trade will haunt us. We could have had Norman and Fuller as our starting CBs. We basically filled one hole and created another. We better hit this FA period and draft out of the park.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth did we include him in that trade? That portion of the trade will haunt us. We could have had Norman and Fuller as our starting CBs. We basically filled one hole and created another. We better hit this FA period and draft out of the park.

We filled the QB hole with a worse player.
We lost the best slot corner in the NFL...the best...#1.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YOU give up what ever it takes to get an elite QB?? :noidea:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t like it either, but Fuller was necessary for the trade to happen. He was the dealbreaker.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys put way too much energy in this shit. We can't control anything they do so sit back,relax and let the next 7-9 season begin.

HTTR :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys put way too much energy in this shit. We can't control anything they do so sit back,relax and let the next 7-9 season begin.

HTTR :suds:

Kev... you are missing the beauty of it though. We can come here, have a heated arguement, get as rowdy as we like.

At the end of the day no one ends up divorced, fired or in jail and we get to vent about something we all at least have some level of interest in.

Hell the Hoop might be saving some one job or marriage just because its safer to say "@#(* you have no idea what you are talking about" to some one in here than it is to say it to your boss. :suds:

And unless we dump alot of talent in, 7-9 is a pipe dream. :D

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the deal should have been broken.

I’m not happy losing Fuller either. I’m a VT homer, I love the guy.

But for all intents and purposes, we should get at least the 3rd round pick we gave up, so that’s a wash. It was a straight up trade, Smith for Fuller. And as much as I like KF, a QB is more important than a CB.