• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: The Texas Rangers host the Toronto Blue Jays!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers will win this series in 5 games IF they win the first two in Arlington. I'll just leave it at that.

Go Rangers!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Scheppers.

Rangers ALDS roster

Catchers: Robinson Chirinos, Jonathan Lucroy.

Infielders: Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Mitch Moreland, Rougned Odor, Jurickson Profar, Ryan Rua.

Outfielders/DH: Carlos Beltran, Shin-Soo Choo, Ian Desmond, Carlos Gomez, Jared Hoying, Nomar Mazara.

Starting pitchers: Yu Darvish, Cole Hamels, Colby Lewis, Martin Perez.

Relief pitchers: Tony Barnette, Matt Bush, Alex Claudio, Jake Diekman, Sam Dyson, Jeremy Jeffress, Keone Kela.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawler, I don't have any problem with you expressing how you feel, but I disagree about Game 1. You failed to go into any detail about Game 4 and even though you could very well be right about Game 2 and Game 3, I think if you are wrong about Game 1 that that tears apart your whole line of thinking. I would be interested to know why you completely glossed over Game 4. I think if Colby is the old reliable Colby we just might sweep.

Not to mention in both of Hamels' starts in the ALDS last year he gave up 2 ER in each game:

Cole Hamels Postseason Pitching Gamelogs | Baseball-Reference.com

Which means our defense must be better than last year. Add to that the BJs are not the same team as last year.

On Yu:

Yu Darvish

Seems Encarnacion likes Yu. Everyone else either has not faced him or has a low BAA.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Scheppers.

Rangers ALDS roster

Catchers: Robinson Chirinos, Jonathan Lucroy.

Infielders: Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Mitch Moreland, Rougned Odor, Jurickson Profar, Ryan Rua.

Outfielders/DH: Carlos Beltran, Shin-Soo Choo, Ian Desmond, Carlos Gomez, Jared Hoying, Nomar Mazara.

Starting pitchers: Yu Darvish, Cole Hamels, Colby Lewis, Martin Perez.

Relief pitchers: Tony Barnette, Matt Bush, Alex Claudio, Jake Diekman, Sam Dyson, Jeremy Jeffress, Keone Kela.

Wow he went with the 7 reliever option and no Scheppers. Kind of thought Holland would make it over Diekman. Diekman is a disaster right now.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Colby had two good outings of 7IP against the BJs earlier this year.

Colby Lewis

Martin Perez lost both of his starts against the BJs. One ER between both starts (again defense must be better and in this case at that point in the season the offense did not score runs for him).

Martin Perez

Take a look at the box score for each game he lost. He threw too many pitches, true, but the pen lost those games and the offense we grew to love a few weeks later was dormant.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow he went with the 7 reliever option and no Scheppers. Kind of thought Holland would make it over Diekman. Diekman is a disaster right now.
I would have taken Holland over Diekman and Deshields or Scheppers over Hoying. I don't think I would trust Choo just yet either.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken Holland over Diekman and Deshields or Scheppers over Hoying. I don't think I would trust Choo just yet either.

DDJ's bat is horrible this year, but having him on the bases late in the game down or up a run can make a world of difference.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Hoying? Huh? No stick whatsoever but makes a playoff roster because of his late game defense. Odd.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frankly, if we win today, I'd have Perez go tomorrow and save Yu for the road game.

If we lose, then Yu has gotta go tomorrow.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a PR like DeShields is so much more valuable than a late inning defensive replacement. This one is a real head scratcher to me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have brought scheppers but that's just me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't look forward to the late inning at bat by Hoying because Banny put him in the game too early and wants to keep him in for defense.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawler, I don't have any problem with you expressing how you feel, but I disagree about Game 1. You failed to go into any detail about Game 4 and even though you could very well be right about Game 2 and Game 3, I think if you are wrong about Game 1 that that tears apart your whole line of thinking. I would be interested to know why you completely glossed over Game 4. I think if Colby is the old reliable Colby we just might sweep.

I glossed over game 4 because it is several days away. I don't know what the pitching matchup would be.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't look forward to the late inning at bat by Hoying because Banny put him in the game too early and wants to keep him in for defense.
Don't we have capable defensive personnel?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure people will be upset but my official prediction is 3-1 Blue Jays. I've been saying all year. Anyone but these guys, especially in the first round. I hope I am wrong, I really really do. Rooster seems to have embraced the matchup and it seems like he wanted to play them, better hope he is right.

Game one: Hamels vs Estrada

I think the Jays kill lefties. Hamels has been slumping lately and Estrada owns us. Jays win

Game two: Darvish vs. Happ

Darvish pitches a masterpiece in a close game and shuts down the Jays for a win

Game 3:

Sanchez has been lights out all year. Can't count Lewis out, but Jays win a close game late

Game 4:

Jays win

"Estrada owns us".

So I guess you're just going to completely ignore the FACT (much like you do in all of your rambling nonsense not based in reality) that in our last matchup with Estrada we scored 4 runs on him in 6 innings? If that's Estrada "owning us", sign me up for that level of owning in today's game.

And you continue to refuse to recognize the fact that any and all Blue Jays pitching stats against the Rangers have NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on Carlos Gomez, Carlos Beltran, and Jonathan Lucroy. You know, just 1/3 of our lineup.

But please, keep telling us how we would have been better off as the #2 seed facing Mookie Betts, David Ortiz, Xander Bogaerts, Dustin Pedroia, Jackie Bradley Jr., Andrew Benintendi, and Sandy Leon (who murdered us THIS year).

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I glossed over game 4 because it is several days away. I don't know what the pitching matchup would be.
Then why count Game 4 as a loss then?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why count Game 4 as a loss then?

I guessed Perez would be pitching. Either way, I'll be working most of the time and won't see much of it except probably game 3 and game 5 (if needed). I hope you guys enjoy the series. I was merely stating my opinion and didn't intend to ruffle any feathers.