• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Alamo Bowl: #15 OREGON DUCKS vs #11 TCU

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are always a part of the story of most seasons. UW lost their star WR in spring and had to play all year without him. Every school has stories like that.

There's a reason you have 85 scholarships and teams carry up around 100 total in the program. Even the walk ons need coaching and reps. You never know who's number is going to be called next.

TCU wasn't making excuses when they got down 31 points on the backs of backup QB's and WR's. The play of ALL of your team matters. Ducks didn't have answers for the loss of Adams and their center. Shame on them. Can't get a snap off? Fire the damned line coach. What the hell are they doing 5 days a week? You are getting robbed blind man.

Oregon is supposed to be "the class of the north". Top recruiting classes. Best athletes and most depth in the north. We hear this shit from their fans all the damned time. And the reality is this year they didn't have shit for depth even minimally at QB and clearly not at center either.

You can't make excuses. You lost and it was due to a lack of coaching and clearly a lack of developed talent in your depth chart. Helf needs to answer to both of those and get better. You can't lose games with that kind of a lead because of any one or two player loss again. It's just not acceptable.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good evening you Men of Oregon!!
A SportsHoopla Heisman Was Born sir :suds:
Why hasn't this thing reached 1500?

:tsk:

I find OD's feat to be pretty impressive. He goy 20 pages of responses in this thread. While A very good ASU/WV game was in progress. That GDT only had like 13 pages. OD out drew that game by 7 pages thats definitely impressive. The Duck is Bigger Than The Game. Obvious SportsHoopla Heisman IMO :duck:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't me. This is testament to the fact that these haters are super jelly of the Ducks. When one of, if not the best college football program of the last 8 years has a 9-4 season and loses a game, the haters come out and spread their jelly all over the sandwich.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't me. This is testament to the fact that these haters are super jelly of the Ducks. When one of, if not the best college football program of the last 8 years has a 9-4 season and loses a game, the haters come out and spread their jelly all over the sandwich.
Thats A lot of Jelly with another very competitive bowl game on :dhd: Great season tho OD you guys went through A lot of adversity too. Congrats to your ducks you guys are all class :suds:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats A lot of Jelly with another very competitive bowl game on :dhd:
Even when Oregon isn't playing they are on the minds of anyone watching college football.

The Ducks, thanks to Chip Kelly, have changed the landscape of how the game is played. Look at all this up tempo offenses. When other teams use the up tempo it is ALWAYS compared to Oregon's. When teams are the slow ground and pound, they are questioned about how it would fare against Oregon and their tempo and style of play.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams come out with new uniforms or a alt uniform, it is always compared to Oregon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SportsHoopla Heisman Was Born sir :suds:

I find OD's feat to be pretty impressive. He goy 20 pages of responses in this thread. While A very good ASU/WV game was in progress. That GDT only had like 13 pages. OD out drew that game by 7 pages thats definitely impressive. The Duck is Bigger Than The Game. Obvious SportsHoopla Heisman IMO :duck:
Very little of it was OD related. Could have inserted pretty much any top tier team and the explosion would have been massive for a loss that way. Imagine if even a down Nebraska had lost a game like that. People love jumping on failure and you don't think people would pick on whoever the face of that team up here was? Of course they would. Don't know if Brasky is still around but if not I'm sure someone else would take his place as the one taking the face full of pie after an epic fail like that.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little of it was OD related. Could have inserted pretty much any top tier team and the explosion would have been massive for a loss that way. Imagine if even a down Nebraska had lost a game like that. People love jumping on failure and you don't think people would pick on whoever the face of that team up here was? Of course they would. Don't know if Brasky is still around but if not I'm sure someone else would take his place as the one taking the face full of pie after an epic fail like that.

Well folks, I can now rest easy. a husky litereally just admitted Oregon is a top tier team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well folks, I can now rest easy. a husky litereally just admitted Oregon is a top tier team.
:wtf:

Who has ever said they weren't? I mean they are a top tier team with an empty trophy case, but they have been highly visible (glitter helmets and all) and at least hanging around the national stage for a few years.

Might be slipping a bit farther away from that stage this year, but people know who you are across the country.

Now even more so. Losses like that get played on loops endlessly all over the web. You all be famous.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I couldn't tell you who washingtons starting RB is.
So, your lack of football acumen proves what? I mean we already knew that about you.