• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #23 OREGON DUCKS vs Virginia 10:30 PM EST ESPN

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young defense only getting more experienced and better with each practice and game under Hoke.

Offense is finally gelling and there were glimpses of that tempO last night which is great and should make any opponent fearful with respect.

I watched the Nebraska vs Wyoming game yesterday to scout them. Nebraska was in a battle till around late 3rd quarter where they were gifted with Wyoming mistakes and short fields. That 52-17 score does not indicate how close that game really was.

GO DUCKS!
I havent gotten to watch any Huskers games this year. So I really cant break them down. I don't understand the evaluations of the ducks. From what I've seen Prukop has shown improvement through both games he's played. The Ducks defense isn't as bad as people claim. They do their job when necessary. And their offense has looked very impressive. This will be their first big test. But they do have a lot of weapons.I expect a great game I'm looking forward to it. Oregon/Nebraska is going to be a great early game. A lot of respect for both teams for scheduling one another.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the difference.

Oregon looked OK beating up their punching bags.

This is Nebraska with their punching bags...

tumblr_m43g877zjp1rsxaz1o2_500.gif
Ive got no dog in the fight. I' looking forward to a great game. And I agree I would take the over. You have to respect both teams for scheduling this match up. Its games like these that are great for the fans and he sport :suds: What have you seen from Nebraska so far. I haven't seen them play yet?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also for reference Oregon's 2014 National runner up stats
South Dakota State 370 yards 13 points W
Michigan State 466 yards 27 points W
Wyoming 439 yards 14 points W
WSU 490 yards 31 points W
Arizona 495 yards 31 points L
UCLA 538 yeards 30 points W
UW 317 yards 20 points W
CAL 560 yards 41 points W
Stanford 428 yards 16 points W
Utah 440 yards 27 pionts W
Colorado 226 yards 10 points W
Oregon State 362 yards 19 points W
Arizona P12 CCG 224 yards 13 points W
FSU Rose Bowl 528 yards 20 points W
OSU NC 538 yards 42 points L

both UC Davis and Virginia were just under 400 yards and under 30 points
am I happy with the defense no not really
but Im not stressing out about it either.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First offshore book (BetOnline) comes in favoring Nebraska by 1. Will be interesting to see what the rest of them do.
What have you seen from Nebraska so far? I had them with a lot of potential before the season started.But the only BIG teams I've seen play so farthis season are Wisconsin and Ohio State. I'm curious what to expect from the Huskers?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have you seen from Nebraska so far? I had them with a lot of potential before the season started.But the only BIG teams I've seen play so farthis season are Wisconsin and Ohio State. I'm curious what to expect from the Huskers?
If we keep protecting the ball and forcing turnovers like we have thus far (+7 turnover margin through 2 games) we will be pretty good. Our D looks much better than last year and our O-line, while young, seems to pack a better punch than last year. Our run game has been better. Like has been said, the competition hasn't been awesome, but in recent years we've had much more trouble with bad teams than we did against Fresno or Wyoming.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep protecting the ball and forcing turnovers like we have thus far (+7 turnover margin through 2 games) we will be pretty good. Our D looks much better than last year and our O-line, while young, seems to pack a better punch than last year. Our run game has been better. Like has been said, the competition hasn't been awesome, but in recent years we've had much more trouble with bad teams than we did against Fresno or Wyoming.
How is the passing game looking? I think I heard them say Armstrong broke the Huskers TD record during halftime last night? Thats an amazing accomplishment with the huskers history at QB.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the passing game looking? I think I heard them say Armstrong broke the Huskers TD record during halftime last night? Thats an amazing accomplishment with the huskers history at QB.
Not particularly a huge accomplishment because our great QBs weren't really prolific passers. He took the top spot from Taylor Martinez who was far from a great thrower. The passing game is decent if we can get the ball to our receivers. We have a ton of great WRs, but decision making at QB can be questionable at times. Forcing difficult passes when there are other, easier options. The OC thus far has really tried to limit the decisions Armstrong has to make, because he's just not great at it. They seem to be giving him far fewer reads this year, which has helped.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not particularly a huge accomplishment because our great QBs weren't really prolific passers. He took the top spot from Taylor Martinez who was far from a great thrower. The passing game is decent if we can get the ball to our receivers. We have a ton of great WRs, but decision making at QB can be questionable at times. Forcing difficult passes when there are other, easier options. The OC thus far has really tried to limit the decisions Armstrong has to make, because he's just not great at it. They seem to be giving him far fewer reads this year, which has helped.
I'm expecting the huskers to establish the run. And I believe Husker OC is right. Its looking like it will be a high scoring game. Good luck next week Huskers and Ducks:suds: As an outsider this game will be a lot of fun.And congrats to Armstrong even with the lack of prolific passers. Etching your name in the Nebraska record books. Is an honor regardless imo

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. There already is a Oregon-Nebraska game thread but the Oregon and Nebraska fans are arguing in the Oregon-Virginia game thread.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Freeman and Devon Allen combined for 383 yards rushing and receiving. Virginia had 388 yards of offense.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. There already is a Oregon-Nebraska game thread but the Oregon and Nebraska fans are arguing in the Oregon-Virginia game thread.
OD started that one Im trying not to acknowledge it until its actually the day before and of. except Im going to the game and traveling Friday so i wont really post in it anyway