• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Tim Williams and failed drug test

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they drug test if it doesn't matter then.
Why take the time or expense.

Appearances.

If you drug test on your own, even if you don't actually do anything about it, you can keep the nosey ass federal government at bay.

No sport wants to go through the clusterfuck that MLB went through during the Mitchell Report.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that a player failed multiple drug tests and the medical personnel who administered the test and the other coaches didn't report it to the head coach of the team? Dude, do you want to buy a bridge for a more than fair price? I also know a Nigerian Prince who just needs your bank account so he can wire you 5 million dollars.

What!

Sumbitch! He said he was wiring that 5 million to my account!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and read my post, I said I had a hard time believing NICK SABAN would ignore it. Sure, it's possible that other personnel might not have told him. I just don't believe he would turn his head on this. He's a class act. Just not his character.

BTW, Before you try and be cute with phrases, please at least read the post. I think that's fair, don't you?
So you believe that the coaching staff underneath a control freak like Nick Saban would think it would be perfectly ok to neglect to tell him that a player failed one drug test, let alone multiple drug tests? Please tell me that this is sarcasm because otherwise you probably have a difficult time with forgetting to breath.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What!

Sumbitch! He said he was wiring that 5 million to my account!
He is, he is. It's just taking time because it's coming from overseas. Don't pay attention that your bank account is empty, he just needed to try the new Grand Mac.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that the coaching staff underneath a control freak like Nick Saban would think it would be perfectly ok to neglect to tell him that a player failed one drug test, let alone multiple drug tests? Please tell me that this is sarcasm because otherwise you probably have a difficult time with forgetting to breath.

How do you know he's a control freak. Have you worked for him? If so, when? My guess is that you are believing everything you read. Please stop doing that. We all form these opinions off what we read. In reality, many times the facts are much different. Sure, a lot of times there is wrong being done, but we don't know the circumstances. Maybe it's not the case here and maybe it is.

Look, you're entitled to your opinion. I didn't make fun of your opinion, I only ask the same. I breathe just fine.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know he's a control freak. Have you worked for him? If so, when? My guess is that you are believing everything you read. Please stop doing that. We all form these opinions off what we read. In reality, many times the facts are much different. Sure, a lot of times there is wrong being done, but we don't know the circumstances. Maybe it's not the case here and maybe it is.

Look, you're entitled to your opinion. I didn't make fun of your opinion, I only ask the same. I breathe just fine.
Because I know people who played for Nick Saban when I was going to michigan State and lived in the dorms with the backup quarterback. So I have heard first hand accounts of his micromanaging. But keep pretending that any head coach would be fine with being deceived like that. I bet you believe Briles knew nothing about what was going on at Baylor too.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win Nicky! Sieg Heil!

img22105291.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy obsession with Saban and Alabama just stinks of jealousy.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as simple as that. Marijuana lasts a lot longer in your system than most other drugs. Marijuana actually gets into the fat cells and can be in your system for a couple of weeks to several months after use depending on how much you use and how big you are.

Much more serious drugs such as speed, coke, meth, etc. can be out of your system in 24-48 hours. So, it's possible that a player could smoke some weed in December or January and still test positive at the combine in February or March.

It's simple. Take a month off of weed before the combine. Hell, take a month off booze also. It's the combine. Some of these guys are risking millions. The math is pretty simple.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I know people who played for Nick Saban when I was going to michigan State and lived in the dorms with the backup quarterback. So I have heard first hand accounts of his micromanaging. But keep pretending that any head coach would be fine with being deceived like that. I bet you believe Briles knew nothing about what was going on at Baylor too.

Let me get this straight. You know a few players that think he is a micro manager, therefore he is. Is that about right? Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to need a little more evidence than that.

Obviously you know way more about this situation and Saban than I do. I'll just shut up now.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, again if you do test positive for drugs you should be punished, no matter who you are. With these things you have to be consistent.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, again if you do test positive for drugs you should be punished, no matter who you are. With these things you have to be consistent.
I've worked plenty of jobs that fire you if you test positive for weed.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. You know a few players that think he is a micro manager, therefore he is. Is that about right? Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to need a little more evidence than that.

Obviously you know way more about this situation and Saban than I do. I'll just shut up now.

I have to disagree. Saban has a had a lot of success and turnover on his staff. You don't maintain excellence by running a loose ship. He is all over every detail. If he isn't, then he is the luckiest coach ever.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Saban has a had a lot of success and turnover on his staff. You don't maintain excellence by running a loose ship. He is all over every detail. If he isn't, then he is the luckiest coach ever.

You're talking about a good manager that has a great affinity for detail. Yes, I think Saban is that guy, but that doesn't make him a micro manager. It makes him a good manager. The turnover might come from the success in his program. Universities want to tap into the success and want his coaches.

All I'm saying is that it's possible that he didn't know. Possible, that's all. I don't know the guy, but I do think he's pretty credible. Therefore, I think he would penalize a player for testing positive for any substance if he knew. Do I know for sure, nope. It's just a feeling.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple. Take a month off of weed before the combine. Hell, take a month off booze also. It's the combine. Some of these guys are risking millions. The math is pretty simple.

I guess you missed the "it can stay in your system from a couple of weeks to several months depending on how much you smoke and how big you are" part.

If you hadn't missed it, you'd know that a month off of weed isn't necessarily going to give you a clean test.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet he was lacing his ganja with deer antler spray

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed the "it can stay in your system from a couple of weeks to several months depending on how much you smoke and how big you are" part.

If you hadn't missed it, you'd know that a month off of weed isn't necessarily going to give you a clean test.

Piss test.. that doesn't register something from months ago.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a good note its not like the guy was hauling around stolen guns and illegal drugs in Louisiana.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss test.. that doesn't register something from months ago.

Actually, it does. As I posted previously, marijuana actually gets into your fat cells. It can hang out for 6 months, especially if you smoke daily or close to it.

I smoke almost daily. I'm a pretty good size guy, but I'm not quite as big as Tim Williams. I knew I was going to be applying for my current job a good month and a half before I did and was told they drug test. I laid off the weed for a little over a month, got one of those kits that are supposed to clean your system. Followed it exactly and was still pissing dirty at the end of it.

Fortunately, I had been misinformed about drug testing (which kinda pissed me off because I could have been smoking all that time lol) and got the job anyway.