• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs Georgia NCG info/pregame thread.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama opened as 4.5 favorites.

Anfernee Jennings had surgery this morning, will not play in the game. Sucks, he was all over Bryant in the Clemson game, and we will likely have a similar game plan against Georgia(aka stop the run and try to force them to pass). He'll be back next season though, but yet another LB loss(thankfully we got most of them back)

The game is being played in Atlanta, both teams are familiar with the stadium even though it just opened this year. Alabama opened against FSU in this stadium, and the SECCG game was there, so Georgia has played a game in the stadium as well. Both teams won obviously.

Hey all you cry baby northern teams - Is this where I'm supposed to cry about the game being in Georgia and it being like a home game for them? Well it ain't gonna fucking happen.

The cheapest ticket sold on the secondary market has clocked in at $1314. The median ticket is going for over $5000. And, there are some super premium spots seeing as much as $100,000...per ticket.(copied and pasted from RBR).

Fuck that shit.

I have no clue on any Georgia injuries and haven't heard and update on Cotton.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia has been pretty fortunate on the injury front this season. Natrez Patrick's days at Georgia are probably over after his third weed arrest, but he didn't play against Oklahoma either, and served a 4 game suspension earlier in the season, and his backup has been just as productive at a spot we have a lot of depth at.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary is the weak link. We've handled scrambling QBs all year.

If Alabama wins, I'd expect it to be because out front 7 gets worn down by Bama's running backs, but if Jalen Hurts is gonna beat us, it's gonna be with his arm.

Jalen has a good arm and can hit receivers if they are open and he see's them before the pocket collapses, but he's not going to throw guys open or anything.

I think it'll be the read option that makes the difference in this case. Focus on the RB and he'll run for a first down and it keeps the defense off balance. He won't do much scrambling because he won't be throwing it much.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll Tide.
giphy.gif

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were reports before the Clemson game, and supposedly even Saban mentioned that Tua would play. If things aren't looking good for Bama, expect Tua to get a series.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer said the same thing, but any team that gets a CFP invite is gonna take it, and it should be a lesson on making blanket statements.

I argued in favor of Ohio State last year. I did the same for Bame this year.

You look at the entire season, not one game.

Saban never said it, quite the opposite in fact.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My line moved down to 4. It would be awesome if it hit 3.5 that way I can buy a point and make it -2.5 And a field goal wins it for me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I keep reading that. Does anyone have a link to a video where Saban said that? Fake News?

I put the actual quote in that other thread. I mean, it would be kind of dumb for him to say otherwise given 2011, which he of course mentions himself.

Nick Saban meme about Alabama, Ohio State, CFP playoff scorching Internet just flat wrong

Question: Do you think being conference champion should trump anything else on a resume for playoff consideration?

Answer: "I think I could answer the question better if you gave me a specific scenario. I think that being a conference champ is certainly a significant accomplishment for any team or any program.

"I also think that sometimes there are circumstances that a team can play really, really well for an entire season, and are we basing the playoff on the whole body of work that a team does throughout the year in terms of all the teams they've beat, the quality opponents they played against, or is it just about one game? And when you talk about conference championships, if you play a conference championship some leagues don't even have conference championships. So, it's not sort of a fair and equitable way to base that particular group that didn't play a conference championship, so you're doing the whole body of work. Then it seems a little more reasonable to look at everyone else's entire body or work when you decide who the best teams are.

"Hey, we won a national championship here and didn't win the SEC. I mean, I think, in that particular year, LSU and Alabama had the two best teams, so we had to play in the regular season. We played 9-6. Forty-two guys, somebody wrote an article, played in the NFL that played on the field that day. So, they were two really, really good teams. Well, both teams in the same division couldn't go to the conference championship. So, we end up playing in the championship game. So is that the right thing or the wrong thing? I'm sure everybody could debate that. But, I believe those were the two best teams. So, it depends on what that goal is."

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Georgia do the Blackout Jersey thing? It seemed to work last time.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd like too, I will not give you Georgia fans any crap. You guys very well may win this thing. I'm not confident in our offense to keep up if it becomes a shootout. We'll see. Roll Tide!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts attempts 20-25 passes and completes 5-9 passes? Bama probably l loses
Hurts attempts 25-30 passes and completes 10-15 passes? Bama probably wins or at least it's a tight game
Hurts attempts 30-35-40 passes Bama loses

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd like too, I will not give you Georgia fans any crap. You guys very well may win this thing. I'm not confident in our offense to keep up if it becomes a shootout. We'll see. Roll Tide!

Bama fans aren't douchenozzles like Sooner fans, so aside from the occasional pot shot, my shit talking will be at a minimum unless we win, then all bets are off.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Georgia hate here... Kirby is a damn good coach. It's kind of nice having a decent rival in the East. I miss Florida every once in a while.