• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama Rig

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have new models out that use teabags instead of swimbaits. In all seriousness have you guys tried them out and what are your thoughts on these things? I feel it is too good of a lure from what I have heard about it. Haven't tried it though. I don't like casting $50 worth of swimbaits and rig out there just to have it snag a log and lost the first cast.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard nothing but good stuff about them. Even heard of a few guys winning tourneys on them. I haven't heard of using the teabags, but I agree with you about chunking 50 bucks of tackle every cast with a chance of losing it. I've looked at them, had one in my hand at Dick's sporting goods but put it back. Just couldn't justify $25 for the rig and then whatever the swimbaits cost. Booyah or Yum (I can't remember which one) makes a similar rig for about $15. If you get one let me know what you think. I'll do the same.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could use the swimming flukes instead of hollow bodied swimbaits to save a good chunk of money but until the rig comes down in price more i will probably avoid it. I might try and make one out of some old spinner baits one day.