• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AgentJackTashner

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - since I tend to visit all three SF boards on any given day. This poster is just creepy. He's posting all over the ESPN board. Really strange. I've seen a few of you over there so you had to have seen some of those posts. Just plain strange! Has to be someone with an alias. They are just too familar with most of the regular posters.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be True. Who else would bump those posts? And he is certifiably insane, so no one will ever get him to admit it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory...he may be insane, or TrueNiners, or whatever.

But what if someone wanted to test their AI program to respond to humans by trying to sound like one? You'd go to a free forum with lots of posters, and probably one that was 'trivial' like a sports board, and set up your bot and see what happens.

His posts remind me sometimes of the old Apple II program that pretended to be a 'psychiatrist' by taking your statement and turning it into a question, which 'agent' has done several times. Since it's 25 years later, 'agent' is much more subtle and can make statements not just questions...

Probably wrong but who knows?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. He just called TrueNiners a "treasure" for coming up with the term "umpjacked." :).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. He just called TrueNiners a "treasure" for coming up with the term "umpjacked." :).

That's my other theory, someone bored is doing a kind of Steven Colbert thing where they pretend to agree with the most extreme and crazy posters and say faux naif things and hope you'll either laugh along with their cleverness or like Nolan fall into the trap of responding like they are serious.

If he's that guy, I'm kind of impressed, and also a little creeped out. I mean, we get it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory...he may be insane, or TrueNiners, or whatever.

But what if someone wanted to test their AI program to respond to humans by trying to sound like one? You'd go to a free forum with lots of posters, and probably one that was 'trivial' like a sports board, and set up your bot and see what happens.

His posts remind me sometimes of the old Apple II program that pretended to be a 'psychiatrist' by taking your statement and turning it into a question, which 'agent' has done several times. Since it's 25 years later, 'agent' is much more subtle and can make statements not just questions...

Probably wrong but who knows?

I had the same idea, MSG. There was a very basic Fortran program called Eudora (I think) back in the 80s that did the same thing. You'd type in "I like apples" and Eudora would respond "Tell me more about why you like apples." Then you'd respond "because they're tasty," and Eudora would come back with "why do you say 'because they're tasty'?"

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same idea, MSG. There was a very basic Fortran program called Eudora (I think) back in the 80s that did the same thing. You'd type in "I like apples" and Eudora would respond "Tell me more about why you like apples." Then you'd respond "because they're tasty," and Eudora would come back with "why do you say 'because they're tasty'?"

That's the one, couldn't remember the name...but I'm now leaning towards my 'Colbertish' theory.

He's doing subtle pwns like (sarcastically) calling TrueNiners 'a treasure' and replying to Tito asking in his usual troll bullshit style 'do I have to remind you how many times we have been shut out by good pitching?' with a faux naif '40?' Or asking Nolan 'why are you a walrus, isn't that a type of animal?'

Those are funny. I think he's just funning with the idiots over there.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the one, couldn't remember the name...but I'm now leaning towards my 'Colbertish' theory.

He's doing subtle pwns like (sarcastically) calling TrueNiners 'a treasure' and replying to Tito asking in his usual troll bullshit style 'do I have to remind you how many times we have been shut out by good pitching?' with a faux naif '40?' Or asking Nolan 'why are you a walrus, isn't that a type of animal?'

BTW, that "40 shutout" reference is to a prediction by Cazic before the 2009 season about the Giants. I beat him like a drum on that one until he finally changed his tune to "everyone knows I was exaggerating to make a point." He had no idea that 40 shutouts in one season was a statistical impossibility.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

40 is a riff on Cazic. Who predicted the Giants would be shut out 40 times in 2008 (or maybe it was 2009). A few of us bumped that thread for a year. AgentJack is definitely a long time lurker/poster. Some of that stuff is pretty funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm too new over there to get that reference.

Once you see the joke, this agentjt guy is pretty funny.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's my other theory, someone bored is doing a kind of Steven Colbert thing where they pretend to agree with the most extreme and crazy posters and say faux naif things and hope you'll either laugh along with their cleverness or like Nolan fall into the trap of responding like they are serious.

If he's that guy, I'm kind of impressed, and also a little creeped out. I mean, we get it.

I think it's interesting how Nolan went into his usual obnoxious attack mode, but as soon as you pointed out the possibility of a farce, he disappeared. He does not like to have been seen as fallen for a HF trap. Desperate not to be the fool.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting how Nolan went into his usual obnoxious attack mode, but as soon as you pointed out the possibility of a farce, he disappeared. He does not like to have been seen as fallen for a HF trap.

Nope, you're right. Not one bit.

Whatever happened to that Cazic guy? All I caught of him was a huge man-crush on Ishikawa, and he's been gone since mid summer...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey Tzill, who holds the home to home ST record?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting how Nolan went into his usual obnoxious attack mode, but as soon as you pointed out the possibility of a farce, he disappeared. He does not like to have been seen as fallen for a HF trap. Desperate not to be the fool.

I think he's got Tito on the hook now. I kind of like this weirdo.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nope, you're right. Not one bit.

Whatever happened to that Cazic guy? All I caught of him was a huge man-crush on Ishikawa, and he's been gone since mid summer...

He posts mostly on the Niner's board I imagine. He's been hating on Alex Smith forever. I never messed with Cazic directly. I'll always give him some credit for hating Sabean when the Giants were winning divisions - even though his reasoning was way off base. He got enough abuse back then from the mules. This is unlike Tito who jumped on Sabean's neck about two years after everyone else did.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tzill is outdoing agentjack! cray-cray is in da espn house!