• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After the Break

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you had a chance to look at the schedule after the break???? Fucking BRUTAL!!!

Starts off with a 9-game road trip:

3 @ StL
3 @ Pitt
3 @ SF

Then we come home for 8:

3 vs ATL
3 vs CHC
2 vs ANA

Then we go on the road again for another 9:

2 @ ANA
3 @ MIL
4 @ ATL

And then another series at home against MIL.

Only one team is below .500 (CHC), and only CHC and Pitt are not either in 1st or 2nd in their divisions. Only 2 days off, and 18 of 31 games are on the road.

Anyway, after that, it gets much much easier. But I definitely wanted to mention it, I think we need to calculate some realistic expectations for this month long run down the gauntlet. I do think that there will most certainly need to be some games where we show some grit in close ones, and they will really help to further define this team in the second half, but I think that it's pretty ridiculous to go in expecting much above .500. What do you all think?

Los Angeles Dodgers 2014 Schedule - Dodgers Home and Away - ESPN

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely expect us to be over .500 in the 2nd half, we are the best team in the National League, so those teams should be scared to play us. LOL

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely expect us to be over .500 in the 2nd half, we are the best team in the National League, so those teams should be scared to play us. LOL

Overall, it's only a month. We had absolutely be better than .500 in the second half. I am only talking about 1 month (from this Friday, July 18 - Aug 17). After that it gets much easier. I know we have the best record in the NL, but it's a gaunlet. There is a very real possibility of playing teams that will make it to the playoffs (the majority), to teams that will probably be in the WS and even win it. So it will definitely be an experience, and a very good measurement of where we are right now, in terms of how much of a playoff team are we right now.

I just don't think that if we go 16-13 (.552) that against that quality of competition that it would be a bad thing. Our current winning % is .557. One game from that is 15-14.

Over .500 is a good place to start. Anything above that, I'm stoked.

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good looking out MVPuig. Well, we are going home to face the Brewers after a pretty solid stretch since the break. The combined winning % of the teams we faced since the break is currently .522. The Dodgers, at 16-10 against these teams, are .615 since the break.

We took a gauntlet, and extended our lead over the Giants, and separated ourselves from the rest of the NL's best, because we beat the NL's best.

Three more games against the Brews in LA, and then we have:

3 v SD
3 v NYM
2 @ AZ
3 @ SD
3 v Wash
3 v AZ
3 v SD
3 @ SF
3 @ COL
4 @ CHC
3 v SF
3 v COL

And that's the season. Much easier down the stretch, with only 9 out of the remaining 36 being against .500 teams (3 v Wash at home, 3 v SF at home, and 3 in SF). If we struggle this September, it will be inexcusable without injuries.

Keep going Blue Crew!

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good looking out MVPuig. Well, we are going home to face the Brewers after a pretty solid stretch since the break. The combined winning % of the teams we faced since the break is currently .522. The Dodgers, at 16-10 against these teams, are .615 since the break.

We took a gauntlet, and extended our lead over the Giants, and separated ourselves from the rest of the NL's best, because we beat the NL's best.

Three more games against the Brews in LA, and then we have:

3 v SD
3 v NYM
2 @ AZ
3 @ SD
3 v Wash
3 v AZ
3 v SD
3 @ SF
3 @ COL
4 @ CHC
3 v SF
3 v COL

And that's the season. Much easier down the stretch, with only 9 out of the remaining 36 being against .500 teams (3 v Wash at home, 3 v SF at home, and 3 in SF). If we struggle this September, it will be inexcusable without injuries.

Keep going Blue Crew!

This team is finding ways to grind out wins. The bullpen is slightly more dependable, Jansen finally settled in and Gonzo/Kemp/Crawford have come back into form which really helps. I would also like to see a stat of W/L when Han Ram starts vs when he doe not start. When he is not playing the fielding is so much better. Puig in center, Kemp in right, Crawford in left, with Dee/Barney at 2nd and Rojas at short makes this team better as long as Gonzo/Crawford/Kemp are contributing in some manner.

Bottom line: Do not pay a king's ransom to resign Han Ram. He's a massive defensive liability and unreliable at the plate.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add, the Dodgers are 50-40 when Han Ram starts.
20-13 when he does not start....

He's not a player that moves the needle.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add, the Dodgers are 50-40 when Han Ram starts.
20-13 when he does not start....

He's not a player that moves the needle.

What's his career W/L starting with the Dodgers?

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are under .500 without Hanley and well above .500 with Hanley since he joined LA.

Also, Dodgers SS's have hit a hundred points less than Hanley.

Yeah, we need Hanley.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Hanley to win the WS. We might be able to do it without him, but unless he is injured and his replacement shines, his slump will hurt us in the lineup. If we don't want to sign him next year because he is always injured and streaky when healthy, fine, but we need him in the postseason. We are way to inconsistent offensively to go without his bat and hopefully its a hot bat.

Pitching is the key to the playoffs, but we can't give up games because a pitcher gives up 3-4 ERs. Our offense has to be able to win some of those, not just load up when we are shutting teams out. We need as many opportunities for a hot bat as possible. And Hanley has the opportunity to produce more than any other SS. We need him this postseason.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Hanley to win the WS. We might be able to do it without him, but unless he is injured and his replacement shines, his slump will hurt us in the lineup. If we don't want to sign him next year because he is always injured and streaky when healthy, fine, but we need him in the postseason. We are way to inconsistent offensively to go without his bat and hopefully its a hot bat.

Pitching is the key to the playoffs, but we can't give up games because a pitcher gives up 3-4 ERs. Our offense has to be able to win some of those, not just load up when we are shutting teams out. We need as many opportunities for a hot bat as possible. And Hanley has the opportunity to produce more than any other SS. We need him this postseason.

I would agree that Han Rams bat would elevate this team to favorite status, but he has not been consistent all year nearly morphing back to His last couple of seasons with the Marlins. That said, pitchers really go after constantly busting him inside. I suspect the approach to him has been analyzed and the Cardinals may have solved the Han Ram riddle. In the playoffs, his defense will be a massive liability. We have a bullpen that cannot get 4 outs an inning, it has to efficient.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Hanley's bat

Our pen is our biggest issue