• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN offseason

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is shaping up well for us..... Pittsburgh has a quarterback who is already in a bitch fight with his offensive coordinator. They have a D-line and secondary that will likely need re-tooling and an all-pro receiver that might be on the way out. On top of that they'll have some major salary cap issues trying to just re-sign some of their own players. Being really good sometimes catches up to you.

Baltimore has Freddie Flacco demanding top 5 qb money and Ray Rice looking to be paid like AP.

Cleveland is Cleveland.

Then again, Mike Brown still owns the Bengals so FML!

Who-Dey!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find a way to finish 3rd. No worries there.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely laughable that Flacco is demanding top 5 QB money. He and his agent are completely delusional if they think he's worth that.

Roethlisburger, Eli, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers (this past year aside), are all much better and more accomplished QB's than Flacco. If he thinks he deserves the kind of money these guys are getting he's an idiot.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think he's an idiot for trying to get what he can. Does he really expect to get it? Probably not. But if him and his agent can find any reason to start negotiations at that high of a price tag, they'd be idiots NOT to.

And btw, he's a "winner".

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trying to get what you can get. You can argue inflation, change in salaries from when those QB's last signed and argue that all of those QB's will be making XXX amount on their next deals and if Flacco settles for top 10 QB money now, in 2 years he's not going to be making even top 18 QB.

But to say that he's a top 5 QB. He's an idiot.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah...right. A guy thinks he's better than he actually is so he must be a dumbie.

And what they said is based on WINS he's a top 5 QB. Being right doesn't make you an idiot.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland drafts RG3 and manages to give him some protection and someone to throw to they could actually be formidable.

I suspect he'll have a cam-Newtonian year, although maybe not as stat worthy.

I suspect Baltimore will reshape some things and still be in the thick of things. Flacco is bargaining, but whatever... It will hurt his career to move. Ray Rice needs to be a feature back for a full season before demanding AP money, it's not uncommon for him to not even be used much at all during a game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins = team effort.

If he believes they "win" because of him. He's still an idiot. It certianly has nothing to do with having Ray Rice or a solid defense.

I'm not saying Flacco is terrible. He's top 10. Not top 5. Using wins to support that argument is weak, at best, when your not the reason they are winning those games more often than not. Especially this year, where his play was sub-par more often than not.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland drafts RG3 and manages to give him some protection and someone to throw to they could actually be formidable.

I suspect he'll have a cam-Newtonian year, although maybe not as stat worthy.

I suspect Baltimore will reshape some things and still be in the thick of things. Flacco is bargaining, but whatever... It will hurt his career to move. Ray Rice needs to be a feature back for a full season before demanding AP money, it's not uncommon for him to not even be used much at all during a game.

RG3 will probably get hurt in the first game..... God hates Cleveland.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't Flaming the one who said Alex Smith winning wasn't important because teams win, not QBs? But now Flacco is a different story?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh.... I'm getting the feeling that the phrase "reading comprehension" is about ready to return.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isn't Flaming the one who said Alex Smith winning wasn't important because teams win, not QBs? But now Flacco is a different story?

Notice the quotations. It was a sarcastic comment, and considering you know my stances so well, you should be able to figure that out.

Flacco is horrible. He is the downfall for the Ravens just as Sanchez is for the Jets and Smith is for the 49ers. They're all "winners".

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wins = team effort.

If he believes they "win" because of him. He's still an idiot. It certianly has nothing to do with having Ray Rice or a solid defense.

I'm not saying Flacco is terrible. He's top 10. Not top 5. Using wins to support that argument is weak, at best, when your not the reason they are winning those games more often than not. Especially this year, where his play was sub-par more often than not.

The only idiotic thing is taking their comments for anything other than a negotiation ploy.

Flacco is lucky to be top 15.

The "winner" comment was a sarcastic remark; however, you cannot discount the fact that it means something when it comes to contracts. The Ravens were one play away from the SB. So, while Flacco sucks, because of the success they've had and the aging of the team, they have plenty to lose by not keeping him happy by overpaying at least a little.

So with that, I ask, why should they not use winning as a barometer for a higher salary? One thing is for sure and that's that they are not idiots.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one winning is Charlie Sheen.

:charlie:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think there is a compelling case to be made that he doesn't have the best relationship with his coordinator and he is not a fan of the system in place. But his inconsistency is difficult to deal with - Especially for a team with so many good pieces.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Baltimore has Freddie Flacco demanding top 5 qb money and Ray Rice looking to be paid like AP.

As he should, hes earned it

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As he should, hes earned it

I didn't realize being horribly inaccurate and handing the ball the Ray Rice made you a top 5 QB.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize being horribly inaccurate and handing the ball the Ray Rice made you a top 5 QB.

You don't get it. The Ravens win with Joe at QB, and based on that soley he's a top 5. Stats mean nothing when you're "winning"