• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC East

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lpts of talk about the AFC East being tough on the Patriots this year. Yeah, I've heard that before.
What I'm not hearing when the other 3 teams finished 3, 4 and 8 games back, is the improvement will mean tougher times for the other 3 teams also. That is if all the wrangling improves them!
Ex: DonkeyKong Suh plays the Jets and Buffalo's new QB's twice. Revis gets 2 shots at defending Tannehill and whoever starts at Buffalo. Buffalo and Jets both have new coaches and Miami still has Philbin. Get the picture?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might I add that all this talk precedes BB even showing his hand. We know he has Brady, Gronk and Edleman down, with more players to draw.

....good point you've made though Southie.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for all of the trollers to show up who used claim that that the AFC East is a buncha pussies.

All of the teams have gotten better and I have a feeling that Belichick and Matt Patricia have already discussed and put the 2015 defense in place. I honestly believe that 2015 will be the year of Attack the Quarterback. With teams starting to look more to the Patriots type of passing attack and less towards the running game, the Patriots will walk away from the Bully defense. AFC East QBs are not solid pocket passers and the Pats will pinch from the outside and push the middle. Won't need a total man to man secondary.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all we need is to make good draft additions, Create a solid game plan, and everybody to do their job.
Tougher play in the division will leave us still AFCE champs and tougher for the playoffs.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE teams have historically given the best teams a run for the money. I would dare say they have overall a winning record against NFC and also play tough within the conference. People love to say AFCE sucks to undermine what the Pats have done for the past 15 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the only team I could see even coming close to you guys is that of Miami. They are the only other team in the AFC East with the quarterback position figured out. Yes they will all have good defenses but without a decent quarterback none of the rest can hope to keep up week in and week out. I like the moves most of the teams in the AFC East have made but Buffalo and the Jets especially can't expect to compete until the quarterback position actually has somebody that is competent at the position.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the only team I could see even coming close to you guys is that of Miami. They are the only other team in the AFC East with the quarterback position figured out. Yes they will all have good defenses but without a decent quarterback none of the rest can hope to keep up week in and week out. I like the moves most of the teams in the AFC East have made but Buffalo and the Jets especially can't expect to compete until the quarterback position actually has somebody that is competent at the position.
It's not all about the QB - Denver made it to the playoffs last year with a mummy for a QB!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all about the QB - Denver made it to the playoffs last year with a mummy for a QB!!!!!

Haha it is true it is not all about the quarterback but I would say because all 4 teams in the AFC East are going to have good defenses it is the quarterbacks that really separate the top 2 from the bottom 2. Now I do think Buffalo can have a good running game with McCoy now but some of that is limiting such as say the other team does get up early then it completely throws off the whole game plan. For Miami and New England at least in those situations they can lean upon the quarterback a little more to make some plays.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lpts of talk about the AFC East being tough on the Patriots this year. Yeah, I've heard that before.
What I'm not hearing when the other 3 teams finished 3, 4 and 8 games back, is the improvement will mean tougher times for the other 3 teams also. That is if all the wrangling improves them!
Ex: DonkeyKong Suh plays the Jets and Buffalo's new QB's twice. Revis gets 2 shots at defending Tannehill and whoever starts at Buffalo. Buffalo and Jets both have new coaches and Miami still has Philbin. Get the picture?

Yep... That will keep the Patriots on top.