• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Adrian Peterson to IR (Neck). Career over?

Does AP retire?

• Yes, he should retire and will

• No, he will not retire...but should

• AP can still bring it!

• Cut me a switch!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct, you have me there. I probably wouldn't because there was no other RB that was that dominant in one facet of the game. The guy almost broke the rushing record with Ponder as his QB.

I will say though, there is no consistent competition over that span for him. The position isn't what it once was. If he was playing 5 or 10 years earlier, I'm taking guys like Tomlinson and Faulk.

Then perhaps he wouldn't be the best back of his era...if he was in another era. I wouldn't take Peterson if he was playing in an era with Walter Payton and Eric Dickerson, but I can't take it into consideration. You can also argue that Peterson was the absolute focal point for every defense he faced, and while Tomlinson and Faulk were awesome, they weren't as zeroed in.

In the end, he was the best back and should go straight to the HOF when eligible.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then perhaps he wouldn't be the best back of his era...if he was in another era. I wouldn't take Peterson if he was playing in an era with Walter Payton and Eric Dickerson, but I can't take it into consideration. You can also argue that Peterson was the absolute focal point for every defense he faced, and while Tomlinson and Faulk were awesome, they weren't as zeroed in.

In the end, he was the best back and should go straight to the HOF when eligible.

You will get no argument from me there. He'll be first ballot, unless they want to punish him a year for the whoopin' room.

It is sad, but I just picture him at a card table for autographs like Pete Rose in 5 years. He's made some awful moves financially, especially given how much child support that he has to pay.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will get no argument from me there. He'll be first ballot, unless they want to punish him a year for the whoopin' room.

It is sad, but I just picture him at a card table for autographs like Pete Rose in 5 years. He's made some awful moves financially, especially given how much child support that he has to pay.

No argument from me. Off the field, he sounds like a dipshit. There will be those that punish him, just because....but unless he's found to use some performance enhancing stuff on the field, or does something that gets him a permanent ban from the game, he should go straight to HOF.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Option 1. ? is is he a first ballot Hall of Famer or does he have to wait?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Option 1. ? is is he a first ballot Hall of Famer or does he have to wait?

I'd say first ballot because the voters don't seem to hold grudges as much as they do in baseball. Although TO might disagree with me.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be 33 in march.
He is on IR with a neck injury.

He's a dinosaur as far as RB's go. Cant block, cant catch...predictable in any lineup.

Done?

His career has been over since he beat that kid with a switch.....Now I got the switch a few times from momma when I was growing up but she didn't stand 6'3 and weigh over 200 lbs of solid muscle...
That was the norm back then but those times are long gone....