• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says the children of parents who were spanked minimally had no negative effects. That's that. As far as the extreme group, they weren't attempting to study them.

The point is the study is that a blanket condemnation of spanking makes no sense and is based in no logic. When spanking is used in context with overall parenting positive skills, the children show no negative effects.

Fair enough. I think they wanted to emphasis that other parent factors are key.

Again, no one is saying what Peterson did here was right, I do think it's abuse, but when loons like ncmalko start with the general statements about how spanking affects people's self confidence and teaches them violence, that's that bullshit that sounds good but can't be proven in any way.

I think if the parents are good parents otherwise it probably doesn't matter but there's a lot of room for interpretation there.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those posted pics are accurate, that's over the top. I have no issue with a corrective spanking when needed but that's too much.

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the vikes gonna bench him for the whole season?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanking is not abuse. I was spanked as a kid and am far better adjusted than most. (Excuse the drool) Seriously, this is country has gone down the toilet. I've seen that some states are pursuing legislation to make YELLING at your child an abuse... It needs to stop.

I haven't heard the full story. Was the kid inured? If so that's different. I just know how child protective services are... They railroad good parents and let the scumbags go.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanking is not abuse. I was spanked as a kid and am far better adjusted than most. (Excuse the drool) Seriously, this is country has gone down the toilet. I've seen that some states are pursuing legislation to make YELLING at your child an abuse... It needs to stop.

I haven't heard the full story. Was the kid inured? If so that's different. I just know how child protective services are... They railroad good parents and let the scumbags go.

Look up the pics and then say it wasn't abuse.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, he is the scumbag in this one.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. If the Vikings impose their own punishment, will the NFL still punish him? I know they can but there seems to be a feeling in some of the reports I'm reading that they won't if they feel Minny's punishment is sufficient.

I'm also interested in seeing what the NFL punishment is. It should be 6 games according to their new policy although it could be more because there's some ambiguous language about children in there. All I know is in my opinion, they'll look really stupid if they don't follow their policy and just punish AP independently. At some point, you have to follow your standards. Not following them is what has gotten them into all this hot water to begin with.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now lets see what godhell gives him

NFL radio guys are thinking Goodell might say that the 7 games he's already missed is enough of a punishment for a first time offender. But then again, I think he also failed a piss test for weed so who knows with Goodell. He'll probably throw a dart at a dartboard and use that to determine the length of punishment.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you people defending Peterson make me laugh out loud. Many of you people make such stupid arguments it's ridiculous. Justifying what Peterson did is so stupid. I can't believe so many people on these boards are so addicted to a sport or such a big fan of a specific player they can't see straight. The "my dad used a switch on me" is the dumbest argument on the planet. I have 75 year old parents that grew up overseas. About 65 years ago some of their friends were literally hung on something similar to a clothesline by their parents and beaten so bad they had cuts, welts and bruises all over their body. Just because that's how it used to be, doesn't mean it was ok. It doesn't mean we should accept the same violence towards children in 2015. Just because some of you had parents that used switches to discipline you doesn't make it right today.

What's even more important is the child he beat was 4 years old. Not some 10 or 12 year old causing big problems but a 4 year old BABY. Yes, a 4 year old is practically still a baby. There isn't a person on these boards that can give me a detailed description of their daily activities from when they were 4 years old. No 4 year old understands beatings like that. No 4 year old learns anything from a beating like that.

If your argument is that after serving his suspension A.P deserves a second chance in the NFL, I have no problem with that. The NFL is his profession and the only successful football league on the planet. If an organization wants to hire him, he should get the chance to play. But to excuse what he did or make excuses for what he did is ridiculous beyond belief.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a life, Gore. This horse has been beat to death already.:deadhorse:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a life, Gore. This horse has been beat to death already.:deadhorse:

Oh has it?

This has been my point for a while. Go after the player, you know the people committing these acts and it's all "beating a dead horse"

But nobody gets tired of beating on Goodell, do they.